Post MBA career option for IT

Hi, Iam not sure if this question has been asked before. Iam working in the IT sector with 8 years of experience. last year i got bitten by the MBA bug and i have decided to go for IIMB PGPEX 1 year program. My question for the Alumnis from I…

Hi,

Iam not sure if this question has been asked before. Iam working in the IT sector with 8 years of experience. last year i got bitten by the MBA bug and i have decided to go for IIMB PGPEX 1 year program. My question for the Alumnis from IIM is what career options are available for my profile. I would be looking for a functional change than a field change. Thanks in advance.

Depending on the type of experience that you have gained these are some of the options.
- Presales and Product Line Management ( Partially technical )
- Product Marketing Management (Industry knowledge required)
- Marketing/Strategy research ( Quant oriented)
- Non-technical Project Management ( resource based)
- HR Management
- Strategy and Consulting
- Engagement or Relationship managers ( Marketing,CRM related)
- Account Management ( CRM, Strategy related)

What are you looking for exactly ? All of these are related to the IT domain.
---------------------------------------
Management Studies

Hi Sneha,

thanks for the reply. it was helpful. Iam looking for a functional change than an area change. so would like to use my knowledge in IT and with the MBA would like to learn business, would like to go for a career which can bridge both these domail. what would be the profile for an IT strategy consultant?