Poll for XLRI..!!

Help in relieving the anxiety. Please choose to poll for your correct option amongst the stated six(6). PMIR Info: This is the list of people from PG and YahooGroup for XLRI PMIR. It takes into account of 60-confirmed and top 20-waitliste…

Help in relieving the anxiety. Please choose to poll for your correct option amongst the stated six(6).

PMIR Info:
This is the list of people from PG and YahooGroup for XLRI PMIR. It takes into account of 60-confirmed and top 20-waitlisted people. Mentioned in brackets is the destined institute and after two slash the waitlist number. May it also help!
Joining
Category A -Probably Yes
Category B Not sure
Category C Probably NOT
Category A
Confirmed and Joining
S.No. Name..........................PG Nick

1. Aditi Sharma................
  2. Arjun Srinivasan............arjunsrini
  3. Deepankur Menon..........
  4. Dipti Singhal.................
  5. Divya Kumar.................divyakumar
  6. Hrishikesh Godbole.........
  7. Ishita Bandyopadhyay....
  8. Mayank Mediratta..........
  9. Naveen S. N.................
  10. Nimisha Jain.................
  11. Niranjan.......................
  12. Rajesh......................rajesh_xl07
  13. Ritika Kapoor................missionmba
  14. Sandhya Krishnan.......Sandhyakrish
  15. Sayan Bandyopadhyay...
  16. Sayed Ali Imran........Immies
  17. Sebastian Chandy.........sajin8
  18. Shivaditya Banerjee.......
  19. Siddharth Nagpal...........
  20. Somnath Mitra............efghi
  21. Uma V. Iyer..................
  22. Vidhi Kapoor...............windy
  23. Vinay Tiwari.................
  24. Vinayak Jayram.............Vinayak Jayram
  25. ..................tendulkar_the_great
  26. .................................two2tango
    Waitlisted and Joining
  27. Arnab Das.................A_R_N_A_B//8
  28. Joy...............//10
  29. Raghunath...........spk2ragz//12
  30. Ritesh Sharan...........robin_sharan//7
  31. Saurabh Nigam..........Saurabh Nigam//3
  32. Shatdal.................shatdal//11
  33. ..............XL wannabe//19
Category B......................Category C...
deepaq(6)........................mmayank(FMSorIIFT)

mba_ac(or IITB)................nzomniac(CAT 2005)
.....................................Desiguru
.....................................Cool Dude
.....................................suneet (IIMB)
.....................................vineetmanghani (MDI)
.....................................flash(IIMC)
.....................................neo 911(15) (FMS(3))
.....................................Abhishek Khandelia(FMS)
.....................................Rahul Gaggar(IIM)
.....................................saurabhooo(IIMI)
.....................................pranesh(MDI)

*Report on 47 out of 80 people*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scenario after the first waitlist: Cleared in first go - 19 (XL-PMIR)
We can now expect a second list in case of some dropouts. So here is the information as gathered;
1. Deepankur Menon (Unfortunately met an accident so wont be joining)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The above have been my personal observations based on the information provided by the people visiting the PG forums and yahoo group (XLRI2005-07). Some who are PGites are shown with their PG-nicks and others with their names only. Best efforts have been made to provide correct information. However there is no vouching for it!
In case of any disagreements or appends, please post your views; changes will be incorporated.
Courtesy threads/Group:
XLRI waiting list
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xlri-waiting-list-25007939
People with multiple IIM calls and XLRI/FMS calls (either final or waitlisted)
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ppl-with-multiple-iim-calls-and-xlri-fms-calls-either-final-or-waitlisted-25007947
XLRI- MBA (BM) Batch of 2005-07
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xlri-mba-bm-batch-of-2005-07-25007918
XLRI MBA (PM IR)Batch 2005-07
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xlri-mbapm-irbatch-2005-07-25007920
XLRI Results finally out officially..
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2005-2007xlri-results-finally-out-officially-25007917
People leaving XLRI for IIM or Others!.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/people-leaving-xlri-for-iim-or-others-25008285
Yahoo Group XLRI2005-07
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XLRI2005-07/

u didnt add the option of joining,
i got final call for pm ir and will b joining

u didnt add the option of joining,
i got final call for pm ir and will b joining

I second tht buddy!!!
i feel we wud get a better idea of our chances if the poll also contains options for ppl who hv confirmed BM or PM&IR; calls and wud definitely be joining....

btw me got a wl-52 in BM...
Hopin for the best

Hey guys !! Don't count my vote.... (option 6)i think poll needs more P&C....;

i am PMIR waiting- 19 & DESPERATE TO JOIN!! (COZ NO OTHER CALLS!!)

I second tht buddy!!!
i feel we wud get a better idea of our chances if the poll also contains options for ppl who hv confirmed BM or PM&IR; calls and wud definitely be joining....

btw me got a wl-52 in BM...
Hopin for the best

Somehow the idea of polling was taken upon assumption that all the people who get a call would definitely join except the ones who take part in the polling. To say, if we know the total number of calls and the number of people 'not' joining then it is equivalent to knowing the number of people joining.
Also, the information thus gained- by trying to know the total number of people joining, would be much misleading as all might not take part in the polling. While by knowing just the opposite- people not joining- chances of converting the the wait-list can safely be comprehended, which would turn even brighter by people not taking part in the polling.

If still there exists something beyond this logic then please do suggest, we can have a fresh poll.
.:cheers:.

hey kuber , another suggestion -
once the results of iim A,B,C and L come out then u can open a new poll wid just two options:

-ppl definitely not joining xl (pmir) till WL 20
-ppl not joining xl(bm) till WL 50

the numbere WL 20 and 50 were chosen based on the last two years actual WL cleared which were 18 and 22 for pmir and arnd 50 for BM.

One more thing, i hav come to kno tht the XL ppl hv 2 submit their fees by 20th april.
so it wud be better if this poll is started as soon as the first IIM resullts come out(expected arnd 8/10 april).

And finally a request to those who hv already decided not to join either of courses at xl within the the said ranks(WL 20-PMIR and WL 50-BM), are requested to poll again in the new poll, as soon as the poll is started.
thanks for the cooperation.

Hey dudes !

Gud work ! I am WL-30 for BM .. I am joining for sure (hope i get moved in the list) .. I guess WL -30 is safe ! but still the fear continues to be there !

cheers

JK

Hey guys

Great thread maan..
Me WL37 BM and shall surely be joinin if the list moves up...I wish all the WLs very best of luck..guys lets start prayin

BTW ne idea do the waitlisted candidates have to deposit some money or have to pay only upon confirmation. Still in the dark.

hi guys

Add me in too!

i am w/l at 34 for BM and wud be joining 99% ( if it clears up till here...that is!)

I have been a member of PG for last tw years nw.... and i must say that this is by far my favourit thread till date...

Reason:
I am waitlist - 3 for PMIR at XLRI.and i see that there are three fellow PGites who have voted for "Selected for PMIR but will NOT JOIN".....!!!!

man now that really is comforting...i just hope that thy dont change their minds !!!

Cheers,
Saurabh

hey kuber , another suggestion -
once the results of iim A,B,C and L come out then u can open a new poll wid just two options:

-ppl definitely not joining xl (pmir) till WL 20
-ppl not joining xl(bm) till WL 50

the numbere WL 20 and 50 were chosen based on the last two years actual WL cleared which were 18 and 22 for pmir and arnd 50 for BM.

One more thing, i hav come to kno tht the XL ppl hv 2 submit their fees by 20th april.
so it wud be better if this poll is started as soon as the first IIM resullts come out(expected arnd 8/10 april).

And finally a request to those who hv already decided not to join either of courses at xl within the the said ranks(WL 20-PMIR and WL 50-BM), are requested to poll again in the new poll, as soon as the poll is started.
thanks for the cooperation.

May be we can start a fresh poll between April 15-20. People, by then, will have settled with their choices. I believe this process of polling will go till we convert our wait lists.

Ok...Till then please carry on with this thread/poll so as to relieve the tension of some souls

rgds,
Subeg

The list has been shifted to the first post on the thread.

Cheers

This is the list of PGites for XLRI PMIR. It takes into account of 60-confirmed and 20-waitlisted people. Mentioned in brackets is the waitlist number. May it also help!
Joining
Category A -Probably Yes
Category B Not sure
Category C Probably NOT
...A ...................B....................C
divyakumar ....vineetmanghani...mmayank
missionmba ....neo 911 (15).......nzomniac
sajin8 ...........flash..................Desiguru
sandhyakrish ..deepaq..............cooldude
efghi
robin_sharan (7)
arjunsrini
Windy
XL wannabe (19)
Bhagat (16)
Saurabh Nigam (3)
Shatdal (11)
Rajesh_xl07
A_R_N_A_B (8.)
The above have been my personal observations based on the information provided by the people visiting the site. However there is no vouching for it!
In case of any disagreements or appends, please post your views; changes will be incorporated.

Brilliant work Kuber.... i am definitly joining as and when my WL gets cleard.... hope to see u all at XL....

Cheers,
Saurabh

that was a brilliant study kuber...good one man...and u are absolutely right...i am definitely going to take xl if i hopefully clear the waitlist :nervous: ....actually am from jamshedpur with xl being a stones throw frm my place...so it would be very nice if i cleared it....my parents asked some seniors and all and they said that wl till 10 generally is 100% sure of getting thru and till 15-20 good chance for pmir...but still till the decision comes i will not be able to rest properly...have a seat at sibm but xl rocks man...it is way too good 😃

hi guys

Add me in too!

i am w/l at 34 for BM and wud be joining 99% ( if it clears up till here...that is!)

Hey dude,

If u are 99 % sure then why have u voted for "Got BM final/waiting call but waiting for other call/WL to settle ..cant confirm now." in the poll man ! Can you make ur stand clear !!

Hey Guys ...While you vote in the POLL, Please keep it in ur mind that there are a lot of anxious minds and battered hearts that are looking into the POLL trusting its intergrity ... please Dont Vote just for the sake of it ! (nothing personal ... 😃 )

Kuber ... Indeed a fine piece of work ! i will try to come up with a similar one for BM ! Gimme some time ! So what are you waiting for ?? Start spamming the thread with some sintillating speculationz !

Cheerz

JK

hey kuber hi .this is raghunath from hyderabad waitlisted 12 for pmir.

sorry guys >12 dont worry v can accomodate all i suppose just pray every1 else goes 4 iims nd othrs:)

ur work has been very gud kuber thx a lot .

nd guys ne1 more from hyderabad?

nd plz guys of pmir surely not joinin or hav info of ppl not joinin 4 sure keep postin

dis wait is a real big torture,nd take my word it indeed is.

babye,hope 2 b wit u at xl dis yr.

my id [email protected]
9885287231-cell

Hi All,
Thanks for those encouraging words.
If one goes by sampling then from the current data of 23 people (A-15, B-4, C-4), supposing half of B's population shifts to A and other half to C, then one can estimate the waitlist for PMIR converting till 16. Logically there are many derivative issues comprehending this way. There can be a swing on either sides of 16 but least probably on lower. Personally I believe we can expect something like 15-20 waitlist clearing this year. I understand this again may be vague.
One more thing; I feel that all sucessful people, Confirmed and Waitlisted, should edit their interview experience posts by putting the word SELECTED or WAITLISTED 'No' on XLRI Interview Experience thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xlri-interview-exp-25007107. This would of great help for future aspirants of XLRI in knowing as to what is expected in an interview, and what successful interviews are!
.:cheers:.

hey guys wanted to ask whether anybody has recieved the letter from xlri regarding any payment of fees.it seems they actually take some money from waitlisted students also and deduct that amt from the fees when it gets cleared or they return it if wl does not get converted...at least that was what a senior told me...do not know what is the case this yr...so if any news on that front would be nice...