Poll for People waitlisted in IITB SJMSOM/Not taking up admit

Now that the IIM results are out how many people are leaving? Would be useful for waitlisted guys.

Now that the IIM results are out how many people are leaving? Would be useful for waitlisted guys.

LastActionHero Says

Yeah !! No activity on this thread since morning. I suppose that might be because the thread was not active due to heavy traffic.
Would be good to know who all amongst us made it.
Guys .. Update us plz..

me through to iim bcLI ,,,,so som bye bye

by the way was just wondering if the number on the courier letter is the actual rank you got after the whole selection purpose

Yeah !! No activity on this thread since morning. I suppose that might be because the thread was not active due to heavy traffic.
Would be good to know who all amongst us made it.
Guys .. Update us plz..

I guess its time for a new poll abt how many people joing SOM

So that waitlisters like me have a clear picture

by the way was just wondering if the number on the courier letter is the actual rank you got after the whole selection purpose

Congrats Dude !! 😃

Congrats on your IIM converts.
The number on the envelope can be anything...from the names being arranged in alphabetical order to the Reg nos being arranged in ascending order etc etc.

Did anyone else get through just K? I'm on the waitlist in K, which going by last years experience should clear fully...but with my background it would be a lot better for me if I continued with operations, and probably sjmsom scores better in this field.
But one thing I am really impressed about is the amount of time SJMSOM has given us to make up our minds ... really commendable when quite a few other instis from mumbai itself have been acting like highway robbers ??:

Well, i think I will finally vote in this threads poll....joining sjmsom
Congrats on your IIM converts.
The number on the envelope can be anything...from the names being arranged in alphabetical order to the Reg nos being arranged in ascending order etc etc.

Did anyone else get through just K? I'm on the waitlist in K, which going by last years experience should clear fully...but with my background it would be a lot better for me if I continued with operations, and probably sjmsom scores better in this field.
But one thing I am really impressed about is the amount of time SJMSOM has given us to make up our minds ... really commendable when quite a few other instis from mumbai itself have been acting like highway robbers ??:

Well, i think I will finally vote in this threads poll....joining sjmsom

Good work horizon!!! All the very best!!

Great Decsion Abishek ! Looking forwrd to seeing you here . BTW all junta join the yahoo group, there is loads of activity going on there 😃

hi guys...

iam waitlisted at 5 at iitb.
what are the chances of getting thru...?i ope pretty good...but any one ith a diierence of opnion please reply..? as per teh poll 32 confirmed are already joining...

i have a confirmed call from iit kgp...should i pay the fee..its 50k and return would be 20k (so i loose my hard earned 30k !!! 😞 )..the last date being 19th april..

others in the same quandry can please contact me at [email protected]

bkj

The 32 confirmed is just from the people who visit PG. There might be others also. The list might safely be around 40 or so. Seniors can probably confirm the exact figure.

The IITD first waitlist was cleared till WL10. Looking at this trend I think the IITB first list might be even lesser or the same. At WL5 you have a pretty good chance. But if I were you I wouldn't take a chance and regret it later.

The final decision is on you! Good luck!

I think i can help you in this regard coz me was also in almost similar position last year.I got finalcall from XL-PMIR and was waitlisted in SJMSOM.....and after a lots of research...decided that HR is not a feild ment for me....moreover i didn't wanted to restrict all my options before gettin an experience of all feild....and so i left XL for SJMSOM.

And trust me today i am so glad that i took the red pill.

Hey thanks a lot Kulveer:)
Couldn't mail before....they've blocked PG as well in office now:(
I have also decided.......finally......joining SJMSOM
Looking forward to seeing all of you there....
I was wondering whether to buy a laptop now or when there's this bulk purchase...
If I buy one now...is there any particular configuration that it should have?
And yes...pls let me know if there is anything that is must have for the hostel...
and also for the course....
thanks
Shipra

Hey thanks a lot Kulveer:)
Couldn't mail before....they've blocked PG as well in office now:(
I have also decided.......finally......joining SJMSOM
Looking forward to seeing all of you there....
I was wondering whether to buy a laptop now or when there's this bulk purchase...
If I buy one now...is there any particular configuration that it should have?
And yes...pls let me know if there is anything that is must have for the hostel...
and also for the course....
thanks
Shipra

Hey buddy.....welcome to SJMSOM .......

About laptop thing....go and buy now if you are comfortable with and have good knowledge of the configurations.....otherwise wait for college to start.

and if you are buyin now....my suggestion would be go for a piece with a wi-fi, a high RAM(>=512) , big harddisk and if possible a DVD writer.Trust me with loads of datas,movies,songs etc here in IIT LAN....you would need it.

And as far as must have for hostel thing is concerned.......can't really help you......never OFFICIALLY been to the girls hostel
Post the query in yahoo group.....i guess vidisha there would be able to help you...

And as far as course is concern.....no need to worry from now....you will have two years for the same 😉
.....never OFFICIALLY been to the girls hostel

arre kulveer sirjee.. i didn't know there were ways to get around this (even if thatz 'UNOFFICIALLY')...
The 32 confirmed is just from the people who visit PG. There might be others also. The list might safely be around 40 or so. Seniors can probably confirm the exact figure.

The IITD first waitlist was cleared till WL10. Looking at this trend I think the IITB first list might be even lesser or the same. At WL5 you have a pretty good chance. But if I were you I wouldn't take a chance and regret it later.

The final decision is on you! Good luck!

Don't u think this list of 32 would also include people who now have IIM converts & most might leave IITB eventually! Infact, I just confirmed (from the past posts) that about 16 SJMSOM converts have converts from IIMs / other insti.. and they have echoed their chances of leaving IITB mostly, barring a few. It would be interesting to know how did these guys respond to the poll (i mean --- "joining" or "not joining" category)!!

As suggested earlier in one of the posts, can we have a new poll here?? (Dont mind sounding a bit impatient here )

Cheers
Gaurav
coolkunal Says
arre kulveer sirjee.. i didn't know there were ways to get around this (even if thatz 'UNOFFICIALLY')...

Some wise man said: "When there is a will...there's always a way"

Hello everyone,

This is the latest issue of our college's Magzine LiVe : 3423

We thought we should now start sharing these things with our prospective juniors.

Enjoi.....

hello frerinds....great top see the enthu in this thread....well one simple query from the seniors....mty freind's waitlist number is 84.(not a PG member).....is there any chance?.....plz do extrapolate...

cheers

Hi pgls
finally sent the acceptance letter and the draft today by speed post.

Hope it reaches safely.

BTW , for guys who have sent it earlier how did they confirm about their safe arrival of thier drafts.Pls let me know.

Also got my pagal guy t-shirt today.....Really a good one 😃