Poll for people leaving XLRI Confirmed Offer or WL for IIMs & other institutes

Congratulations to all who have got through their dream institutes… :: IIMs, FMS, MDI et al, wherever you are going, hope puyz keep rocking… But *if you are leaving an XLRI confirmed offer or waitlist for any of those institutes, plz…

Congratulations to all who have got through their dream institutes..

IIMs, FMS, MDI et al, wherever you are going, hope puyz keep rocking..

But if you are leaving an XLRI confirmed offer or waitlist for any of those institutes, plz do vote on this poll..

it will help the people in the waitlist at XLRI tremendously.. may save finacial loss for us and also help in planning the next month or so much better..

If you wish, do post ur destination here too, u will get many wishes for ur journey :)
ATB once again to all.. plz do help
:thumbsup:

Congratulations to all who have got through their dream institutes..

IIMs, FMS, MDI et all, wherever you are going, hope puyz keep rocking..

But if you are leaving an XLRI confirmed offer or waitlist for any of those institutes, plz do vote on this poll..

it will help the people in the waitlist at XLRI tremendously.. may save finacial loss for us and also help in planning the next month or so much better..

If you wish, do post ur destination here too, u will get many wishes for ur journey :)
ATB once again to all.. plz do help

P.S.: Sorry, i hv asked mods to move this thread to the appropriate section, if needed

Hey buddy.. me pulling out 😃 all the best ..

Rgds...

thanks so much for placing the poll buddy...please some one keep posting some thing more often to keep this thread at the top

Good Job Buddy For All Of Us Xl Waitlisters,

Not sure how much this information will help you puys ... am WL 72 .. already paid the fees ... but won't take admission in case i convert ...

hi guys..

when i was searching through pg i found one more guy dhruv_dhingra getting a iim i and xlri(BM) convert and he had mentioned in the post like he will be joining iim...i am giving the link for the post where he had mentioned it

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/21819-fms-mba-ft-07-09-a-12.html#post762773

xlri wl -8 wont be joining xlri he is having a iim k convert(whether he will be leaving xlri to k is not very sure it needs to be confirmed)

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/22823-iim-k-2007-2009-results-4.html#post761982

hi guys..

when i was searching through pg i found one more guy dhruv_dhingra getting a iim i and xlri(BM) convert and he had mentioned in the post like he will be joining iim...i am giving the link for the post where he had mentioned it

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/21819-fms-mba-ft-07-09-a-12.html#post762773

xlri wl -8 wont be joining xlri he is having a iim k convert

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/22823-iim-k-2007-2009-results-4.html#post761982

Guys, if u find smone on PG posting that they are leaving a confirmed/WL offer from XLRI, and if they hv not voted here, plz PM them requesting them to vote here..
will give a much better picture..
thanks.. :)

P.S. : I have PMed dhruv_dhingra
Guys, if u find smone on PG posting that they are leaving a confirmed/WL offer from XLRI, and if they hv not voted here, plz PM them requesting them to vote here..
will give a much better picture..
thanks.. :)

P.S. : I have PMed dhruv_dhingra

keep it up good work

double post

hey this is the info i found from orkut polls in the community "xlri batch of 2009" .

Atleast 5 guys are joining PMIR course after making it to both BM and PMIR course...

Apparently PMIR junta get a slight edge over BM in xlri placements.
sources: friends' firends in xlri....

hey this is the info i found from orkut polls in the community "xlri batch of 2009" .

Atleast 5 guys are joining PMIR course after making it to both BM and PMIR course...

Apparently PMIR junta get a slight edge over BM in xlri placements.
sources: friends' firends in xlri....

thts gd newz, i suppose, for BM WL ppl..
it ll b great if u can request those ppl at Orkut to vote here (of course, if they hv a PG id- i am sure all wd hv it)..

hey another guy "divinity" ..a xlri BM convert not joining...

here goes the post.

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/3321-iim-final-call-getter-profile-19.html#post764074

since i am thinking of only this and nothing else these days let me put some of my thoughts here...

The basic question i am thinking about is " is this an abnormal year where very less junta have IIM converts?"

So far we know that some 24 junta (polls in xlri waitlisters thread and also in orkut give almost same number) are surely joining XLRI BM course. Let us assume that any one who gets into XLRI would know about orkut or Pagal guy, reasonable i guess. If some one has only XLRI call and he/she is sure of joining then 50% of the time they will surely vote and actively participate in the orkut community ... so from that we have some say roughly 50 junta joining BM course. So now the rest of 70 ppl are in dilemma, whether to join XLRI or they might have made up their mind to join other institutes...

Bottom line: this year is not going to be "abnormal" ... So junta who have WL till 70 can think positive. Ofcourse all this analysis is just to make me feel comfortable

Please move this thread back to the CAT and related discussion forum...

REASON: The purpose of the thread is to catch attention of those who got IIM calls and leaving xlri...if so then it makes sense to have this in CAT forum, because if some one decides to join IIM then (s)he will be visiting IIM threads more often than "other exams forums"... Hope u got my argument...

Hi,

One of my frnd called XLRI...PMIR w/l no. 12 is cleared

they r still processing for BM.

Hope that helps

Regards
Ritesh

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a lil' heads up. All our analysis about waitlist movements goes for a toss every year. So just chill out and relax. There are a whole lotta people who have heard of orkut & pagalguy but just don't post or join the groups. Last year the WL went to about 80, I think the last person to get in received a phone call about 2 weeks before the program started. The first WL movement went to about 51.

Regarding placements, saying the PMIR junta get a slight edge is not entirely accurate. Needless to say, the PMIR placements are far better than HR placements at any other B-School. The BM placements are also very, very good. The profiles are very different, but more often than not, the companies are the same and offer similar, if not the same packages, so your salaries also end up being roughly the same.
If the people picking PMIR over BM are doing it because they're interested in HR, that's a very, very good decision. If it's just because of placements, you need to put some more thought into your decision. Cos before coming into a B-School, placements are all about numbers. Once you're in, you realise that the numbers matter, but they're mostly the icing on the cake. What you're worried about during placements is not your potential salary, but the kinda job you're gonna get and the company you're gonna join.

hi ppl,
me too withdrawing fr PMIR. moving to IIMK
so thtz another waitlist tht gets converted

all the best guys...

Hi,

One of my frnd called XLRI...PMIR w/l no. 12 is cleared

they r still processing for BM.

Hope that helps

Regards
Ritesh

Hi all.... any news abt BM waitlist movement... Please post in case u get any updates...

hi

see the post in xlri waitlist thread

this post in the other thread says that w/l 8 in bm is confirmed but they are not telling the number until which it is cleared ...

i tried calling them ..but no one in admission office is picking it up