plzz 5 minute just help me

Hi I am a final yr Engineering student got a very good job in a software MNC. I want to get into I-Banking and also to settle in USA. What shud i do? 1. Shud i give GMAT and apply for universities with 2 yrs of work ex?I am not goi…

Hi I am a final yr Engineering student got a very good job in a software MNC.

I want to get into I-Banking and also to settle in USA.

What shud i do?

1. Shud i give GMAT and apply for universities with 2 yrs of work ex?I am not going to get very good university with 2yrs Workex i know But i cant wait as i am trying to jump from Software to Finance.
What is the job prospect after studying in a lesser known college in USA.Can i search and a get job in Wall street after my MBA.

2.Shud i do a MBA from India and then 2nd MBA from USA which is very time consuming.

3.Shud i search for MS in Mathematics 4 computing or finance plz guide me.

What shud i do?

1. Shud i give GMAT and apply for universities with 2 yrs of work ex?I am not going to get very good university with 2yrs Workex i know But i cant wait as i am trying to jump from Software to Finance.
What is the job prospect after studying in a lesser known college in USA.Can i search and a get job in Wall street after my MBA.

2.Shud i do a MBA from India and then 2nd MBA from USA which is very time consuming.

If I remember you have already posted your query in bit and parts in the threads in GMAT section. All I can say is have patience before someone answers your query and moreover when you specify a generic query you ought to find the answer yourself taking cues from various posts and threads available in this forum.

What shud i do?

i guess 2nd option is d best

What shud i do?

Don't want to be rude here but you seem to present yourself as a very desperate person. This attitude is going to spell doom for you in apping at top colleges.

One more thing, why I-banking? What do you know about it?

Again, why do you want to jump from software to Finance? So, after doing an MBA you are going to go into something else. See where you are drifting? MBA ADCOM will call you as a "drifter". Check the way you want to show the transition.

You do seem to be desperate. Do you have any clue how MBA is going to help you and Why NOW?

wtf is this now? You are absolutely clueless abt your goals. First become clear about what you want to do in life, why you want to do it, and how is it going to help you. Needless to say, it will come with work-ex. (ofcourse exceptions are there who are clear about what they want in life in their senior years in college. But, sadly, you are NOT that exception it seems).

Bhai zara theek se socho tumhe kya krna hai. If you are going to be so fuzzy about your future no amount of suggestions is going to help . Cant resist the cliche : " God helps thoz who help themselves " . So dude , take a break and think it over!!

Arre dablu dude...you`re BACK...i missed you, i must tell psycho bhai about this!! Im referring to some very entertaining threads this guy had started on the same issue elsewhere...those were rocking!

jokes apart...i can associate with your confusion. Before i turned into this mature, knowledgeble, serious, and focussed guy that i am today (DON'T LAUGH! ), I was as confused and desparate, if not more, than you are right now.

what if i told you that i banking is the world's worst job and you`re treated like garbage on wall street? What if everything they show about those glamorous finance wizards on tv all turned out to be a big lie? What if CNBC ran a series on how cool it is to be a fruit seller in dadar? i bet your next thread would be something like "i have a software job and want to switch into fruit industry" ("Fruit industry"....just made that up )

point is..it is quite natural to be confused at this stage in your life. but to be driven all the time by your confusion is bad..and can have disastrous impact on your career and studies. Relax...take a step back...and chill. Think with the proverbial "thanda dimaag" and decide what you want and why. Find out about finance and i banking. which profile in finance will suit you best...what`s your larger goal in life etc etc. As of now, take up the job and give your self some buffer time, maybe a year, to figure out what you wanna do with your life. After that, take a call...for all you know, software might be your calling!

if you`re damn sure that you wanna get into finance and dont wanna waste your time gathering unrelated work experience in software, then you should consider some MS programs in finance. MS finance, MS quantitative finance, MS in applied economics, MS in financial mathematics....there are plenty of options on that front too.