Plz Post Info abt MBA (IT) @ IIIT - A here

Dear All, My name is Vasanth, just saw an ad in the newspaper about MBA(IT) from the Indian Institute of Information Technology - Allahabad. the program has only 45 seats, and application is based upon CAT-2004. Now i know that the inst…

Dear All,

My name is Vasanth, just saw an ad in the newspaper about MBA(IT) from the Indian Institute of Information Technology - Allahabad. the program has only 45 seats, and application is based upon CAT-2004.

Now i know that the institute is very reputed, but i am not so sure about its MBA program.

It would be very helpful of you, if you could kindly shed some light upon the quality of the Program, the placement scenario and the general profile of folks making it to the program.

Anticipating a favourable response.

With Thanks and Regards,
G.S.Vasanth

Hey, I am a final year student of BTech program in IIIT Allahabad....

As for MBA program, there is only 1 batch as of now... Placement season hasn't started, so cant comment on that... As far as i know the faculty is not good.. Infact the HOD is the dumbest moron u can ever get. The infrastructure is excellent from BTech IT point of view, discounting the fact that there is acute shortage of hostels... Industrial links are gud becoz of the BTech program, but dont know whether that will work for MBA or not....

In terms of quality of students, IMHO the MBA batch here is atmost average... Although i do hope that it will get much better with the next batch....

My advice: Well if u have no other option (

Hi Vasanth,

I'm myself a B.Tech. passout from IIIT-A.

IIIT-A is best known for its B.Tech. course in IT and the other courses (including the one u mentioned) are still to carve a niche for themselves.

Placements, however, are not a concern..........basically, companies come for the MBA students because they rate the institute's B.Tech. course very highly, and hence they assume the same level of excellence for other courses as well.

CAT cutoff %ile last year was 85.

I hope this could answer some of your queries.

Regards.

Hi Vasanth,

I'm myself a B.Tech. passout from IIIT-A.

Well may i know who this is?

CAT cutoff %ile last year was 85.

Well, are u sure? I seem to have slightly different feelings..... :shock:
Well may i know who this is?

lol....wait for my CV in PM

Check out their faculty : http://mba.iiita.ac.in/facultymembers.htm
The biggest junk I ever saw.

Almost all the proffs here are local allahabadi from allahabad university...

Rest you can get from their site...
My gut feeling after looking at their site says : "IT SUCKS" atleast untill they get some good proffs.

BTech is OK no doubt... but MBA's cant ride on that .Anyway for BTech program too there is a huge shortage of faculty(Just 4-5 Phd's : when u compare that with IIITH and IIIT-B they have pure junk) . IIITA has to a long way to cover....

Here to reveal the fact...Hope everybody shuld agree as I am a final year student of IIIT Allahabad.

Let me first clear your doubts that cutoff is 95% is fake...as in our batch nobody had so.

Second none of us has got a Laptop. Infact we are just sharing our PCs alloted in LAB with our juniors.

Third the faculty is also new as the course and still a lot has to be added.

Fourth What all that has been said against Faculty, Coordinator(there is no HOD) & Administartion may be accepted.

Now some good things which I have observed here that will ceratainly assist in our placements are:
200% Summer Placements in some top notch comanies like:

Asian Paints, MBT, HP, LnT Infotech, Ushacomm, TCS, Maruti,TISCO, Reliance Infocomm, Alstom, IOCL, IDBI, SBI, Symphony, Oracle, TAM India, Matlife, India Bulls, Mother Dairy, Karvy & India Bulls.
(All these has been overcomed through our Placement Cell & Faculty Cntacts)

Intel has just initiated the Placement by Offering the package of 5.89 lacks to one already selected.

SDG has screened out 8 candidates for Final rounds.

India bulls is coming on 9th and next to follow are ICICI Pru & Asian Paints.

Students Representatives have spend a week in NCR and next team is on his way to Callcutta for Industrial Presentations.

Some(may be two) faculty have been into teaching MBA for last 8 years and have big contacts in Industries.

Facilties provided and the Infra is far better than top Colleges in India(Agreed).

MBA IT : Its really a unique course and is one of its kind....Its just not a traditional B School course. So this makes a lot of diffrenece.

To wind up if somebody is comparing IIIT Allahabad with other B Schools then it should be IIIT VS B School and for that IIIT A will Overrule in many Aspects. If u want to compare MBA@IIITA with other B Schools then plz do also look into the first batch of all the top 10 B Schools and ask were they able to achieve all what I have mentioned in such a short time.

Guys hold on just give us a time:::: just 2-3 years u will be able to see what MBA@ IIITA stands for.

Besides some hard facts already revelaed we are delivering our best to acieve the best and I am sure that we will achieve most of it with our 1st batch only

Dear Dude,
Its good to hear some positive thoughts from someone about IIIT-A. Yes the Institute is new, no doubt and it would take time to grow. I somehow don't support the idea of a drastic improvement in 3 yrs or so. Placements ?? Aaah ....even these days an institute like Bapu Banarsi das can manage some companies (and certainly all these mid level companies which you mentioned in your post).
The questions remain:
1) Even though you have removed the faculty link from your website can you actually remove this junk and replace them with Phd's from Harward,Kellog and Sloan (or even in the worst case any single faculty from our own IIM's), something like ISB,IIMs have. I don't see in near future any improvement in faculty,not unless it is mis-managed by a moron like Murli Manahor Joshi(Well now you have also got one more extension/appendage at Amethi (sans Proffs).)
2) Could you please substantiate your following quotes with a little data:
"Some(may be two) faculty have been into teaching MBA for last 8 years and have big contacts in Industries.
Facilties provided and the Infra is far better than top Colleges in India(Agreed).
"
Here is your faculty link : faculty Can you name those two with there qualifications.I am sorry I could only find Allahabad university products out there.Did anyone from Harvard join recently :)
Facilities provided ?? you only discounted the laptops and agreed with shared lab with your juniors hmmmm!! Anything further. I have been to your hostels ...don't mention them here. Can you name those top colleges in India with whom you are comparing yourself?
Ok let me begin :
1) Babu Banarsi Das Institute of Management (Well take my word they have top notch facility,they just charge a few lakhs 😃 )
2) Pulla Reddy Institute of management.....bla bla bla ... Certainly I guess you did not mean IIMs and ISB ??

Well but then problems are but problems, and they are always associated with any new coming up institute,but the issue is how you are planning to tacle them and here there does not seem to be any attempt in that direction. I am elated to find amongst this a more positive looking student like you 😃 Certainly they have some good students. But unless they change thier approach can they really prosper?? I mean when IIIT-B and IIIT-H began they were new, but they had the top most faculty across the world. Now you can look at their state of affairs (I don't only mean placements) and compare them with IIIT-A which is mired with politics (else how do you explain your Amethi appendage when you dont have faculty even at IIIT-A). Well thats why I feel a little disheatened by IIIT-A. Future of IIIT-A ??? You can judge it for yourself.

Hey I think u have misinterpreted the things Of IIITA or not well informed or u may also be a part who is frustrated by himself and comes to forums for the sake of that only..

Mind u when I am comparing IIITA with top colleges I am comparing it with 5 years of IIMs and 5 years of IIITs.

Same is the case with Placement and Faculty...and why the hell u shuld know the name of the experienced faculties....It is of not ur concern.

The faculties who have done their pgs or graduation have done a time back when Allahabad University had its own name....and mind urself u r speaking of an Instutute who has still a good rapo in UP.

I am comparing IIITA with IITs as there are companies like MIcrosoft n Google who have selected fewer from IITs little than IIITA selections this time..as they r in need of IT Profesionals which is the cutting edge of IIIT and any day u can take it up as a challange.

More over dear the companies I have mentioned are in the basket of MBA Summers and aslo in the first year of its start. If u will see the BTech Pool u will not say anything. Again repeating go back to c the 1st year of IIMS and then come here to make ur point.

A college in UP N Bihar have to fight a lot against the inherent politics and also with the sick criticism like urs....

No matter I wuld like to know where ur brain is being polished so that i can compell some others who r interested in Critcsizinz others to add to ur destbin

Check out their faculty : http://mba.iiita.ac.in/facultymembers.htm
The biggest junk I ever saw.

Almost all the proffs here are local allahabadi from allahabad university...

Rest you can get from their site...
My gut feeling after looking at their site says : "IT SUCKS" atleast untill they get some good proffs.

BTech is OK no doubt... but MBA's cant ride on that .Anyway for BTech program too there is a huge shortage of faculty(Just 4-5 Phd's : when u compare that with IIITH and IIIT-B they have pure junk) . IIITA has to a long way to cover....

I think u shuld be part of ministry of HRD or join their forums to help them out to place some Harvards n MITs to their undertakings...

I think that there are many luknowi nawabs in politics ask them to plz add some gud faculty here in IIITA....will be very greatfull...

I was asking about ISquareIT pune!
The program is MBAP-AIT(If i dint miss any alphabet!)

That was a wrong post! please excuse!

hi

i m a bit befuddled over an issue,does iiit-a accepts jmet scores also coz i heard from somebody that it is not mentioned in the brochure of jmet but still iiit a accepts jmet score.

I have a friend there and i will confirm that whether they will score CAT or JMET score. On their website they have mentioned that they will accept the CAT score this time... Neways will post the info tomorrow.

Here to reveal the fact...Hope everybody shuld agree as I am a final year student of IIIT Allahabad.
Intel has just initiated the Placement by Offering the package of 5.89 lacks to one already selected.

SDG has screened out 8 candidates for Final rounds.

Hi friend,

Could you please tell me the present situation of placements at IIIT-A. To be specific:

1. placement %
2. Median salary
3. Companies coming there.
4. Job Profile offered MBA's

I am having 1.5 yrs exp as s/w Er in a CMMI 5 company and 88.5 in CAT. Shud i look fwd to join this insti or not.

Also pls tell when the forms will be out .

Regards
Aseem

hi there ..me too interested in MBA(IT) course .......r the forms out ...??

guys what is the cut off generally
me 76prcntl in cat
do i hav chn
how many sit for their xam

guys what is the cut off generally
me 76prcntl in cat
do i hav chn
how many sit for their xam

Hi all

well the last guy who got admission in this institute was having something around 75 percentile. They shortlist candidates based on their cat scores but then you have to take a TESt in IT proficiency. The test focus on the basics of Information Technology and it is not difficult to clear it.

The placement situation is not very encouraging but it will improve in the coming years as the institute has a very good placement cell and industry interface bcoz of it's BTECH course.

The forms are not out yet and will be notified sometimes during march.

Raj.

the forms for MBA-IT at IIITA are out
u can download it frm www.iiita.ac.in