Pls help me mash up a neat strategy - GMAT in 10 days - No really :P

Hi All, Am Shiva working for Cisco in San Jose, CA. I have been working for 3 yrs now after graduating with a Masters in CS. I want to get back to India :smiley: and seems to me the best way would be with an MBA from ISB rather than other opti…

Hi All,
Am Shiva working for Cisco in San Jose, CA. I have been working for 3 yrs now after graduating with a Masters in CS. I want to get back to India 😃 and seems to me the best way would be with an MBA from ISB rather than other options I have right now.
Ok, here's a small background :
I gave my GMAT yest and ended up scoring 640!! Q - 49 && V - a measly 29!
I had prepared for exactly(hardly) 3 - 4 weeks with my initial score (without preparation) in the GMATprep test standing at 580 and 630 after preparation. I bought the Kaplan, Manhattan CR and SC books. I worked on all three and my score jumped to 680 n 650 in powerprep after a cpl of weeks.
I am kinda getting up to speed with Math (am from an engg bkground)and have not had too much time to practice with tons of Qs.
So my scores in Kaplan (all 4 tests) stood at around 550, 580, 610 and 630.
I worked on OG problems for exactly 2 days (the days before my exam)
Well, my scores fluctuated quite a bit and needless to say, my score was totally dependent on the kinda questions on the exam day.
I got many fully underlined sentences for SCs misleading me into thinking I was doing better.
I had also taken tests after tests rather than practicing with specific sections alone. In effect, I have run out of proper exam material!

Ok, here's the deal :
I am operating on a severe time crunch - the ISB application has gotta be done by Nov 15th... so am seriously considering giving my GMAT by Nov 11th and developing my essays and appln materials in tandem and infact, sending it off before my GMAT. Am not sure if this would work, but, I have convinced myself that if I wanted to do something, I might as well go all the way. That said, I had scored a 2080 in my GRE eons ago 😃 and am not too bad in logical reasoning et al. and even Engleeeeeees for that matter. But GMAT, seems to warrant a different reasoning ability to perform better.

If you have been patient enough in reading this far, you might as well respond with your thoughts or advice :)

Thx a bunch,
Shiva.
PS : I know the strategy question has been beaten to death in this forum, but, am not looking for a general 10-week remedy but pointers or thoughts to attack my particular situation.