Pls be careful to perperty agent when you rent

I feel helpless when my agent Ray(landlord’s brother) implied again and again that he has good and long term relationship (alliance?) with Strathclyde Uni. accomodation office staffs. I feel stressed and worried when I thinking the truths that he …

I feel helpless when my agent Ray(landlord's brother) implied again and again that he has good and long term relationship (alliance?) with Strathclyde Uni. accomodation office staffs. I feel stressed and worried when I thinking the truths that he had refused to return previous tenants' deposits by his reasons. Now things seems to be happened again.

In this about one year, he used freely my parking space however I needed to pay him 20 pounds for that space. He said he occupied my parking space because I don't have a car...there were many behaviors from him I just can't understand however I am foreign student I just thought that's the way here. For another example, he always said he has good reputation in accomodatioin office however he refused to put my deposit to an independent account as law required. He kept my deposit in his own bank account and got interests for himself. This just one example of many favous I did to him. I always tried to help him because I hope a good relationship between agent and me...

I lived his flat for nearly one year since I first arrived Glasgow as a student last year. When I first moved in he told me to ignore his flat existing damages and no need to write down those exiting damages into contract because he isn't that kind of bad agent who is always trying to swallow/suck tenants' deposit by various excuses.

I planned to move out at end of June this year since my study near finished, however he frequently invited potential buyers to my flat since last November, although our contract says he only could do so at my last renting month...I helped him for countless times to support his job although it's not the contract.

He frequently visit my flat with many excuses, whatever I was at home or not, he just informed me then he entered freely (hopefully he hadn't entered my room when I didn't get his inform). He held my flat keys for this whole year, he implied me that's the rule.

However when I informed him to move out five weeks in advance, he started to place obstacles to me. He suddenly said he has a rule (hard copy) for my moving out his flat-- however in the past ten months I never heard of that from him, even now he doesn't show me this rule's content.

Since I have to pay my new flat deposit and rent fee so I negotiate with him to pay my rest 2 weeks rent fee from my deposit. However he changed his face to me and refused me ruthlessly and threaten me with our contract. He also said he needs my deposit (520 pounds) so that he can charge fee from it in case he cleans or paints after I move out this flat. (Contract never mentioned that I should pay clean fee. I cleaned the flat myself when I first moved in his flat. And I cleaned it everyday after I moved in.) I think it's unreasonable to deduct deposit of mine if agent/landlord want to clean or paint before rent to new tenant. But since my money is in his personal bank acount, then he is the king to judge and to say if he would return my deposit or not, I just feel so helpless... .My neighbour had implied his ruthless to his tenants before when he cooperated with his tenants.

I don't know how many times and what the reasons for him to refuse return former tenants deposits. I just feel more and more stress and helpless...there were so many things happened when I informed him I will move out. I don't know what I can do as a foreign student....