Please take a look, and suggest me which all 5 schools I should apply while taking GMAT

Hi,I am giving GMAT early next month, now I have to decide which 5 schools I should apply while giving GMAT. I have following strong points to consider: 1. The overall budget of attending a BSchool, I have savings of around 1.5 lacs in hand a…

Hi,

I am giving GMAT early next month, now I have to decide which 5 schools I should apply while giving GMAT. I have following strong points to consider:
1. The overall budget of attending a BSchool, I have savings of around 1.5 lacs in hand and at most can manage 2.5 to 3 lacs from every resource possible.. and everything else rests on education loans. So, attending a BSchool abroad is very difficult for me due to monetary constraints.
2. I am hoping for a score around 680-700 in GMAT.
3. My Academics are very ordinary.
4. I have an experience of 4 Years in Software Testing field.

Please look at these and suggest me a few colleges to keep in mind as I think many of you would have been in a same pool as I am in, a middleclass person, around 680-700 score and not so extraordinary academics.

Thanks
Saurabh

Anybody with an answer, please reply!

ivyctor2010 thanks for the reply. I think each and every good BSchool looks for these variety of factors. I need the advice in regards of the BSchool that can fit into my budget and my constraints. So, currently I am shortlisting those and then I'll gonna let them shortlist me on these factors.

But most important constraint to me is 'Budget' and as I mentioned above in my post I am hoping and probably achieve a GMAT score of around 700 and my leadership and Teamskills, professional achievements, extra-curricular are pretty much average nothing extraordinary but not poor.
Thanks again @ivyctor2010 for taking the time to reply and looking for your response based on this
@
Hi,

An overview of my profile is given below:
GMAT score - 670
Graduation BCom (H) - 8.31 CGPA
Class 12 - 80%
Class 10 - 82%
Work ex - 3 yrs ( 1 yr in my uncle's IT company and till date 2 yrs in a well -known MNC).

I was one of the 4 school captains. I actively participated in all the school activities including sports, but do not have any certificates or medals :(
During graduation, I was the class rep. I have also been the speaker at seminars held in my college and my team won the first position in quiz contests.

I am a trained and certified classical dancer. I have organised and participated in various cultural programs. I have also been associated with an NGO for quite some time.

I do not have any significant achievements at work. However, immediately after I joined, I was part of the core team that organised the annual day very successfully. I was involved in all aspects from the venue to the performances and invites etc. That was the first time an event of such a magnitude was held in the organisation.

It is not possible for me to take the GMAT again. Which schools (India or abroad) should I apply to?

I €™m not looking to getting into a second-tier school abroad. In that case, would rather go for a good school in India. Pls suggest some top-tier schools or atleast those figuring in the world rankings.

Thanks in advance.
ivyctor2010 thanks for the reply. I think each and every good BSchool looks for these variety of factors. I need the advice in regards of the BSchool that can fit into my budget and my constraints. So, currently I am shortlisting those and then I'll gonna let them shortlist me on these factors.
But most important constraint to me is 'Budget' and as I mentioned above in my post I am hoping and probably achieve a GMAT score of around 700 and my leadership and Teamskills, professional achievements, extra-curricular are pretty much average nothing extraordinary but not poor.
Thanks again ivyctor2010 for taking the time to reply and looking for your response based on this

Hi All,

It is my humble request to every body, to help me in this matter. With GMAT date approaching, I still have to decide on this one.
I have shared a type of profile I posses in earlier posts. My criteria for college in India or Abroad is not very expensive but quality MBA.
Help me in this.. not much time left

Thanks
Saurabh

Saurabh,

What kind of studies are your interested in? If you could list your priorities and interests, as what do you really want to study and would you prefer India over Foreign countries, would be much easier for yourself and others to advise you accordingly. A lot will depend on your previous scores, if foreign country - GMAT and TOEFL at most or GRE in some universities as well as your general achievements and interviews if any during the admission. It is a humble advise which I believe will make it easier for yourself - to look at what do you really want to study, how do you see yourself in the future and where do you want to obtain your Master degree. Then you could list the countries which offer most of scholarships as you might need one, free education et cetera. I would suggest you to look at Germany as a country of opportunities, it has a lot to offer to foreign students.

Best of luck!