Please suggest - Purdue/ University of Tennessee(knox)/ Thunderbird

Hi All, I got into Purdue, Univ of Tennessee(Knoxville) and Thunderbird. No schol in Purdue - very costly - not thinking to join. UTK - No schol but chances of GA in other departments which I can only come to know after joining :frowning: Thund…

Hi All,

I got into Purdue, Univ of Tennessee(Knoxville) and Thunderbird.
No schol in Purdue - very costly - not thinking to join.
UTK - No schol but chances of GA in other departments which I can only come to know after joining :(
Thunderbird - Not sure about the school rankings, Business Weeks ranks it in second tier but US news no rankings. Plus a schol of minimum 50%(under discussion)

Please share your views.
About me:
IIM - 5+ yrs, worked primarily in Supply Chain, 2+ international exp
Short term Goal - Management Consulting (operations)
Long term - Setting up own venture
Gmat - 650
Toefl - 114

thanks a lot in advance.

anyone please?

Is there anyone who can help me out here?

newmadguy Says
Is there anyone who can help me out here?

I think thunderbird is definitely better than UT, plus with the 50% schol its definitely worth gg there. ATB ! :thumbsup:

Firstly,

Congrats on admits from these 3. I guess I am a bit late in replying.

Purdue is undoubtly a bigger and better brand name, but then since you mentioned financial constraint, its out of the race.

UT is known for Ops / SCM. its a decent University but their Management program is well totally Ops based and with 80 - 90 student having 2.8 years of work experience might not give you a "challenging" class enviornment (after all you got 5+ work ex!!!)

T- Bird is a good school, with 570+ students, and high tution rates, should you get 50% schol, I dont see any problem, its rated near 62 ( i guess) in the new US News rankings. The only problem that i see with T - Bird is the brand name in US, outside US its still somewhat known, after all its famous for International Business, not sure how is the domestic consumption. With that regard, UT has tad bit advantage, but all in all, T- Bird will suppliment you better.

So, if you ask me T-bird it is.

Hope it Helps,

:)
Ayon