Please Help Me?Guidnace needed.

:: Down but not out! Presently working in a reputed Tata concern.Work ex-3 + years. I gave my CAT this year.Percentile-98.7,No calls.Did not fill SPJain or MDI. Choked up in the DI Section-66,Quantz-99.5,Verbal-96. Plan to give my …

Down but not out!

Presently working in a reputed Tata concern.Work ex-3 + years.
I gave my CAT this year.Percentile-98.7,No calls.Did not fill SPJain or MDI.
Choked up in the DI Section-66,Quantz-99.5,Verbal-96.
Plan to give my GRE & GMAT in April '05.Now this is a real dilemna.Whether to give GRE or not.GMAT,surely I will.
The GRE route will ensure schol in US University.My plan is to do MBA from a topnotch US University.This will be eased up by doing MS from US.However,it costs a lot of money and also 2 years before I get to start doing my MBA.
Please advice whether I should do my MBA from India(IIM's(Risky whether I will get through),ISB(giving GMAT,But running short of finances) or MS(will rob me of 2 vital years).
Please advice as I do not have a strong financial backbone and I also do not want to waste my hard earned resources.Please advice,seeking NIRVANA.
hey redempton ,

Chill dude !!

Well i am not that experienced to advice you ....but yes a piece of suggestion......

1. you can as well do your GRE (with a high score > 1500) from a top notch univ ....and then get a good job.After a reasonable expe give a try to GMAT and then an MBA.As an MBA in US is a pretty costly affair , it would be reasonable for u to earn a bit and then learn..............(of course not if u r sound.. ...:) ).

2. There's nothing like getting into the coveted IIM'S( BY FAR, THE TOUGHEST BSCHOOL TO GET INTO !!!! ).Yeah, its tru that u have to give ur best shot .....NO MERCY!!!

SO THE BOTTOM LINE............GIVE UR CAT WITH UTMOST PREPARATION AND THAT WOULD MAKE UP TO BOTH GRE AND GMAT .....SO AS U PREPARE FOR CAT U R INDIRECTLY PREPARING FOR GRE/GMAT.GIVE UR GRE BEFORE SEPTEMBER AND KEEP APPLYING TO THE UNIV'S IN US......WRITE CAT WELL ,IF U GET THROUGH ....GR8,ELSE GET GOING TO US DUDE !!!!

:grab: :grab: ,

EVEN I AM IN THE SAME BOAT DUDE...THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BEING U HAVE WORKEX ...I DONT ( )

CYA:)

HARRY

it's really smthg u'll have to think out for urself...

1) if u wanna do ur MS...u can join in spring 2006 or fall 2006...by the time u finish it'll be fall 2008...n then..u r not gonna straight away get a harvard admit!...u'll have to work at least 2-3 yrs in a good firm in the US...n going by what's happening...if u wanna get into a really good firm...u've simply gotta do ur MS from a real neat place...preferable be among the toppers etc etc...so if all goes well...u can start ur MBA by 2010!...(assuming u r looking at kellogs etc)

2) it's very diffucult to plan ur life for the next 5-6 yrs...so u could take cat n gmat...join iim/isb...yes...it's not a sure shot...but if u give it ur best...surely u can make it at least well before year 2010!!

3) doing ur MBA from the US may not be such a gr8 idea...i've heard of a guy..who's in iimb right now...am sure PGites in iimb would know who i'm referring to...well..apparently this chap worked in microsift, usa for 4 yrs before joining iimb...am *sure* with his profile he could have easily apped to the best B skools in the US... try n get in touch with ppl like him... they're pretty rooted in reality n can give u a clearer picture of what it's like in a US b-skool n if it's worth it...

am mba from a decnt iim/isb could kickstart ur career...i.e. if u do mange to get into a decent firm... n then if u r smart enuff u *can* have a global career in the future (assuming that's the reasom u want an MBA from the US)

all the best
-susie

Down but not out!

Presently working in a reputed Tata concern.Work ex-3 + years.
I gave my CAT this year.Percentile-98.7,No calls.Did not fill SPJain or MDI.
Choked up in the DI Section-66,Quantz-99.5,Verbal-96.
Plan to give my GRE & GMAT in April '05.Now this is a real dilemna.Whether to give GRE or not.GMAT,surely I will.
The GRE route will ensure schol in US University.My plan is to do MBA from a topnotch US University.This will be eased up by doing MS from US.However,it costs a lot of money and also 2 years before I get to start doing my MBA.
Please advice whether I should do my MBA from India(IIM's(Risky whether I will get through),ISB(giving GMAT,But running short of finances) or MS(will rob me of 2 vital years).
Please advice as I do not have a strong financial backbone and I also do not want to waste my hard earned resources.Please advice,seeking NIRVANA.

from the post above it seems that u aren't really keen on doing MS "(will rob me of 2 vital years)" if this is really the case then my advice is just get the GRE-MS option out of your list for good............firstly, focus on what you want to do in ur career........where do u want to be after 5 yrs from tday??? what kind of work/industry do u see urself in??? where do u want to live 5-10 yrs down the line???

once u r able to answer these questions i dont think ud require anybody's help.....trust me................this comes from a guy who's taken all the damn tests possilble..............

again, i'd like to stress its what u want to ultimately do in ur career that matter......and if u think that an MBA/MS would help then go for it