Please assess my profile

Hi, Would appreciate if you could assess my profile. 29/Male/Indian/Financial Services. I took my GMAT this June & scored 740(50/3 :: . I already have a MBA from India (2001 batch) & have cleared the CFA Level II exam. I have over 5 y…

Hi,
Would appreciate if you could assess my profile. 29/Male/Indian/Financial Services.

I took my GMAT this June & scored 740(50/3. I already have a MBA from India (2001 batch) & have cleared the CFA Level II exam.

I have over 5 years of experience with BASF, GE, Amba Research & am now with Citigroup Global Markets as a sell side associate.

I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a business turnaround story at BASF. At GE...I managed a $60mn budget & helped in reducing the variances. Did a six sigma project. Once I completed the CFA program...I decided to switch careers into equity research & hence joined Amba Research (third party KPO) where I was tracking the German Solar Utilities sector. I am now with Citigroup Global Markets in a leadership position & tracking the Tech & Telecom sector.

I am looking at another MBA to move into Investment Banking (short term) & eventually into Private Equity (Long Term).

I was the president of the students council at my B school & the founder member of the finance club. At BASF, I was the secretary of the receivales council. At GE, I was actively associated with the GE Elfun society & was the leader of a social project. At Citi, I am associated with the Habitat for Humanity.

Looking at Wharton, Chicago, Columbia & Stern.

I have a disastrous UG record. I did my B.Com from Mumbai University & scored a meagre 55%. Would this adversley impact my chances? Would a CFA level II & a good B school academic profile assist in mitigating the bad UG acads?

I dont have any international work ex. I spent 5 months in Atlanta, USA as a part of a training program. Would my lack of international work exp also adversly impact my chances at the mentioned schools?

Please advice.

Thanks
Devang

cant comment much on this but my 2 cents :
schools are gonna ask, why 2nd MBA? be prepared for that question. secondly, just check out these schools' websites to ensure that they accept candidates who wanna pursue 2nd MBA. there are some schools who DO NOT accept such candidates at all.

cant comment much on this but my 2 cents :
schools are gonna ask, why 2nd MBA? be prepared for that question. secondly, just check out these schools' websites to ensure that they accept candidates who wanna pursue 2nd MBA. there are some schools who DO NOT accept such candidates at all.

The schools that I am talking abt accept second MBA. For a B.Com in 1998...it would get very difficult to ind a good job without a post grad. Second MBA as I am a career changer.

AFAIK most of us in the forum are far less qualified than ur profile tells me
So i dunno how good my analysis is.

the only doubt i had is what amit enquired abt. You seem to have clarified that already. I am not sure abt the policies of these schools - so i can neither support nor correct u in this regard.

Now to ur questions:

Disastrous UG - never mind. You have a post graduate degree/diploma which can cover up for that. You GMAT is strong as well. With CFA level II - there shudnt be any trouble proving ur capabilities 😃 So i think there shudnt be any issues with ur poor UG record.

Lack of international exp - NO. not an issue at all.

GardiDevang,

Generally ok profile, and you seem to have some good essay material. If Private Equity is a long term interest, you might with your experience be able to bypass investment banking and try getting to buy-side equity research with Asset & fund management firms, build up a reputation and network and move to private equity. Be sure to complete your CFA before starting school.

GardiDevang,

Generally ok profile, and you seem to have some good essay material. If Private Equity is a long term interest, you might with your experience be able to bypass investment banking and try getting to buy-side equity research with Asset & fund management firms, build up a reputation and network and move to private equity. Be sure to complete your CFA before starting school.

Yes...I intend to complete CFA before starting school. Do you think...with my profile I stand a chance at the Whartons & Chicagos of the world?
GardiDevang Says
Yes...I intend to complete CFA before starting school. Do you think...with my profile I stand a chance at the Whartons & Chicagos of the world?

There's only one way to find out. Write sharp & crisp essays, and you might pleasantly surprise yourself.
GardiDevang Says

@ baccardi
baccardi dada,you rock as alwayzz

@Devang
Do you think...with my profile I stand a chance at the Whartons & Chicagos of the world?

:wow: u shocked me pal. How one can asses anyones chance @ wharton.Only wharton adcom can tell whether you stood chance or not.BTW dada, looking @ your profile i can say, you got more stuffz and varieties for ur essay.