Please Advice Really Needed

Hi friends, I am in perhaps a unique dilemna and need advice.My aim for quite some timee now has been to an MBA from the best collegest in USA only the top ten atmost 15 like mit,harvard,kellogg,stanford chicago etc.the top notch. now i kno…

Hi friends,
I am in perhaps a unique dilemna and need advice.My aim for quite some timee now has been to an MBA from the best collegest in USA only the top ten atmost 15 like mit,harvard,kellogg,stanford chicago etc.the top notch.

now i know for such my profile needs to be blazing.the problem is i am from a non iit only reasonable gpa from average university types background.

i have done very well in the gre exam and based on this and other feed back i have reason to believ that i will be selected in the say top 20 universities in us for studies in industrial engineering.

now would it be wise on my part to pursue this? my other options is joining a very good software company in india.now make no mistake about it that my long term dream is to do an mba fro those dream colleges.but which option would be better----

1.one year work ex and then join industrial get a good job in us and rise there

2.two years work ex here the two yrs MS in Industrial job for another two yrs and then mba

3.for get about MS do job and do it real well for four to five years and then mba

4.do job for three to four years and apply for isb as well in which chances are good

the reason i am thinking like this is perhaps for all the gmat score i get,for all the essays i write my background still remins a good bordering on average sorts.perhaps an ms in industrial engineering from a reputed university maintaining a top notch gpa will smoothen amtters.

and also for me a five year commitment to residing in india is intimidating......

industrail engg is basically to optimise manufacturing practises using mathematical algorithms as tools.Software knowledge is bound to be of help here.

i could asy that i am from the best universities in A.P but not india

also wouldnt MS make things a bit longer-- 4yrs work+two yrs MS+two yrs mba.woohhh

but i guess jobs in this field are reasonably good in US and it is somewaht realted to technical mangement of manufacturing and service firms

my gre score is valid fro another four years but i heard that the weightage given to an old gre score decreases with time

really all this seems like a case study.but cn anybody help please

and no i wont consider iims

"and no i wont consider iims "

would you like to tell us y - any special reason ? 😃

My Advice would be that if you can go for MS right now from a good University in US do it. Finish your MS there and then try to get a job there and get about 2 yrs of Work Ex in US in a good company, if possible more, and then aply to a top - notch B-school.

See this was the unanimous opinion of all people I asked who were in US right now and I knew them from College. They say that if you are not from IIT then you have to be ready to devote 4-5 years at least before getting into IVY LEAGUE B-Schools. They dont take you if you dont have something extraordinary to show like a MS from a good US University and good long work ex. etc.

Regards
Vipin

Thanks vipin,
As matter stnd now i will work for one year in india and go to us for my masters.
thank you very much
regrds