Planning to prepare for GMAT, Wanted help regarding work-ex

Hi guys Just wanted to clarify a doubt, I am done with the B.Tech(IT) course from a very reputed institute in 2008. As of now, working in a MNC (as a software developer) in Bangalore since last 9 months, I plan to now prepare for GMAT (ONLY t…

Hi guys

Just wanted to clarify a doubt, I am done with the B.Tech(IT) course from a very reputed institute in 2008. As of now, working in a MNC (as a software developer) in Bangalore since last 9 months, I plan to now prepare for GMAT (ONLY top 15 institutes preferred otherwise I am fine with CAT), just wanted to know whether my plan is feasible itself or not, as it generally requires 3-4 years of work-ex for admission in top b-schools. Also, as of now, I don't have any extra-ordinary points in my profile which can make it outstanding in terms of extra curricular activities, etc. Please suggest if my understanding is correct and the way out.

Thanks

Hi guys

Just wanted to clarify a doubt, I am done with the B.Tech(IT) course from a very reputed institute in 2008. As of now, working in a MNC (as a software developer) in Bangalore since last 9 months, I plan to now prepare for GMAT (ONLY top 15 institutes preferred otherwise I am fine with CAT), just wanted to know whether my plan is feasible itself or not, as it generally requires 3-4 years of work-ex for admission in top b-schools. Also, as of now, I don't have any extra-ordinary points in my profile which can make it outstanding in terms of extra curricular activities, etc. Please suggest if my understanding is correct and the way out.

Thanks

Top 15 MBA programs have on avg 4-5 years work-ex. Albeit, in exceptional cases, people without work-ex have also gotten into these programs. Needless to say, they have stellar profiles. I would suggest you to work for a couple of years and gain industry-experience and more clearly understand why you would like to spend one/two years of your life for this course and what is that you are looking for from an MBA.

In case you still prefer to opt for an MBA anytime soon, check out HEC, France. That's one school that takes in people with lower work-ex and even the course design incorporates basics of accounting, finance and the ilk.

All the best 😃