Placements @ SJMSOM, IIT Bombay 2007

*SJMSOM breaks new grounds in Placements 2007 * 1. More than 40% of the batch millionaires before graduating 2. Average salary rises by 24% to Rs 9.71 Lakhs 3. Challenging profiles hold sway in the placement processThe placemen…

SJMSOM breaks new grounds in Placements 2007

1. More than 40% of the batch millionaires before graduating
  2. Average salary rises by 24% to Rs 9.71 Lakhs
  3. Challenging profiles hold sway in the placement process
The placement process at Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay broke new grounds to finish with the best ever placements season. Average salary increased by 24% compared to last year and touched Rs 9.71 lakhs with a median of Rs 9.5 lakhs. Nearly 10% of the batch was offered international profiles with Olam international offering the highest international salary of $85,000.The domestic salary reached a new high of Rs 13.2 Lakhs offered by a leading international SCM and retail consultancy firm. More than 40% of the batch became overnight millionaires even before graduating, breaching the coveted Rs 10 Lakh barrier! The strength of the placements can be gauged by the fact that only four students had a salary less than Rs 8 Lakhs.

Commenting on the placement process, Prof. S V D Nageswara Rao, Placement Co-Ordinator said The strong response by top companies once again re-affirms faith of the industry in the strong academic program at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay. Students were spoilt for choice in terms of profiles and salaries and Placements Process 2007 provided a strong platform for them to launch their career in management.

The placement season at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay had already kick started on a very bright note with many students receiving lucrative Pre-Placement Offers (PPOs) from various companies. The Pre Placement Offers registered a huge increase this year as compared to the year before; with 37% of the batch having offers in hand even before the final placements started. Various renowned companies like Marico, RPG, Wipro, L'Oreal, Patni, eClerx, Cadbury, Tata Motors, CitiGroup have offered PPOs/PPIs.

Of the many companies which visited the campus, 41 companies made 141 offers averaging 2.43 offers per student. Regrettably, the rest of the companies had to leave empty handed. Kunal Kundaje, who was offered an international SCM role in Olam International says, Getting international exposure after my MBA was my dream. As a fresher, the challenging SCM role offered by Olam is an icing on the cake for me. I couldnt have been happier.

The highlight of the placement process was the diverse profiles on offer by leading companies in Leadership, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Management & IT Consulting, Sales and Marketing. Among the new companies that visited campus for the first time were industry leaders like CTS, ECS, Dell, Deloitte, GE, HSBC, Intel, SAP. Regular recruiters in the field of IT, FMCG, Operations, Banking and Finance like Accenture, Citigroup, IBM, Infosys, JPMC, Marico, RPG, TSMG, Wipro and others came back to campus to pick up the outstanding talent on offer during the placement process. Shreevardhan Kabra, student, SJMSOM, IIT Bombay, offered a consulting profile in Deloitte, was quoted as saying: Deloitte is one of the international leaders in the consulting domain and this job has opened up new avenues for me. Im looking forward to work with the very best in the world.

This years recruitments at the SJMSOM, IIT Bombay are proof of the depth of talent and reflect how the students are being treated as the best of the best by the leading companies of the world.

Domestic(in Rs)

Average 9.71 Lakhs
Median
9.5 Lakhs
Max
13.2 Lakhs
Min
6.5 Lakhs
International

Highest $ 85,000

Click HERE to see the report on our Website
SJMSOM breaks new grounds in Placements 2007

1. More than 40% of the batch millionaires before graduating
  2. Average salary rises by 24% to Rs 9.71 Lakhs
  3. Challenging profiles hold sway in the placement process
The placement process at Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay broke new grounds to finish with the best ever placements season. Average salary increased by 24% compared to last year and touched Rs 9.71 lakhs with a median of Rs 9.5 lakhs. Nearly 10% of the batch was offered international profiles with Olam international offering the highest international salary of $85,000.The domestic salary reached a new high of Rs 13.2 Lakhs offered by a leading international SCM and retail consultancy firm. More than 40% of the batch became overnight millionaires even before graduating, breaching the coveted Rs 10 Lakh barrier! The strength of the placements can be gauged by the fact that only four students had a salary less than Rs 8 Lakhs.
Commenting on the placement process, Prof. S V D Nageswara Rao, Placement Co-Ordinator said The strong response by top companies once again re-affirms faith of the industry in the strong academic program at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay. Students were spoilt for choice in terms of profiles and salaries and Placements Process 2007 provided a strong platform for them to launch their career in management.
The placement season at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay had already kick started on a very bright note with many students receiving lucrative Pre-Placement Offers (PPOs) from various companies. The Pre Placement Offers registered a huge increase this year as compared to the year before; with 37% of the batch having offers in hand even before the final placements started. Various renowned companies like Marico, RPG, Wipro, L'Oreal, Patni, eClerx, Cadbury, Tata Motors, CitiGroup have offered PPOs/PPIs.
Of the many companies which visited the campus, 41 companies made 141 offers averaging 2.43 offers per student. Regrettably, the rest of the companies had to leave empty handed. Kunal Kundaje, who was offered an international SCM role in Olam International says, Getting international exposure after my MBA was my dream. As a fresher, the challenging SCM role offered by Olam is an icing on the cake for me. I couldnt have been happier.
The highlight of the placement process was the diverse profiles on offer by leading companies in Leadership, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Management & IT Consulting, Sales and Marketing. Among the new companies that visited campus for the first time were industry leaders like CTS, ECS, Dell, Deloitte, GE, HSBC, Intel, SAP. Regular recruiters in the field of IT, FMCG, Operations, Banking and Finance like Accenture, Citigroup, IBM, Infosys, JPMC, Marico, RPG, TSMG, Wipro and others came back to campus to pick up the outstanding talent on offer during the placement process. Shreevardhan Kabra, student, SJMSOM, IIT Bombay, offered a consulting profile in Deloitte, was quoted as saying: Deloitte is one of the international leaders in the consulting domain and this job has opened up new avenues for me. Im looking forward to work with the very best in the world.
This years recruitments at the SJMSOM, IIT Bombay are proof of the depth of talent and reflect how the students are being treated as the best of the best by the leading companies of the world.

Domestic(in Rs)

Average 9.71 Lakhs
Median 9.5 Lakhs
Max 13.2 Lakhs
Min 6.5 Lakhs

International

Highest $ 85,000

Click HERE to see the report on our Website

Hey ..awesome placements...congrats guys..you all deserved it..

ROCK ON GUYS......HOPE TO JOIN YOU THIS YEAR :o)

Great Placements, Congrats!

only one thing to say to u guys!!!

PHOD DIYA BIG TIME!!!

With half the batch having an offer >=9.5 this truly rocks even more!!!!

Hi seniors,

only one word cums to mind now...ROCKING ...SJMSOM truly rocks and i cant wait to be a part of such a great insti....

Thanks for the lovely gift along with the call letters....Amazing work guys..hats off to you...n i cant forget the voice of the GOD "bhai haath to dho le"

Congrats to 1 n all

Gaurav

Congrats fellas !!!

Great news

Great going, SJMSOM! I'm sure that the class of 2008 will exceed expectations and break all past records 😃

Excellent figures..congrats :thumbsup:

Neelabh

Awesome placements really!!!
Kudos to SJMSOm for such improvement in the Placements over previous years!

Gives us a Huuuuuuuuuuge reason to perform well in the GDPIs

Simply cos IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER WITH TIME :biggrin:

Raring to go moi 😁

great figures guys.......way to go!!!
congo.:)

Hail SJMSOM.:thumbsup:
The placements are simply superb and with each passing year, its only getting better and better.

Congrats on the Great Placements guys. Can you throw some light on the Leadership profiles given in the Pie chart and explain which companies offered them for students with what background.

Cheers!

The leadership profiles basically groom the students to take up roles in any vertical and put the person on a fast-track to a top management role. Some of the companies were

Tech Mahindra
HCL
GE

The background was a mix of freshers as well as experienced people

Good show guys :thumbsup:

So who's going where ? Manpreet, dirtbag and co ?

Good show guys :thumbsup:

So who's going where ? Manpreet, dirtbag and co ?

Manpreet - IBM consulting
Phooka - Marico
dirtbag - Infy

Thanks for the good words guys! Hope to better the placements next time!