Placements at ISB

Hi Guys !! Placement season is at its peak @ ISB now. Is anyone having any info on that. It seems there is a self imposed moratorium on the current students of not divulging any placement related information till placements are officially …

Hi Guys !!

Placement season is at its peak @ ISB now. Is anyone having any info on that.
It seems there is a self imposed moratorium on the current students of not divulging any placement related information till placements are officially over. Well, I can't get the logic behind that. Why does ISB need this veil of secrecy (until things are not at par with what appears on the website)?

hope to get the views of u all on this.

MPC

Makes sense not to divulge the details till things are not finally over because only then will the "information" be complete. Lets presume that the first guy gets placed in a ibank in the US, what do they scream "100% foreign placements so far !!" ? :)

Arun

Some updates from isbpgp group by Raja

=================================================
While you guys are busy with your admissions interviews, we at ISB are busy with our job interviews. Placement season started yesterday, and will continue for a few weeks. McKinsey picked up 6, which is a huge jump from last year. Among tech companies, we had Microsoft, IBM and Oracle yesterday, and Cognizant, Yahoo and Amazon today. Keep watching this space for more updates.

Placements are going at a good pace. In just a week, probably half the campus has jobs. The IT companies are the major recruiters, some hiring 15-20 students. The names I can recollect are Microsoft, IBM, Fidelity, Yahoo, Amazon, Mindtree, Trilogy, CTS, Wipro, Deloitte etc. There are many more lined up for the following weeks. Salaries have been good enough. Many have doubled their pre-ISB salary. Some people have declined high salary offers (high means >15 lakh). Few have got job titles like Geography Head. Many have two job offers and are in a dilemma. Those who are yet to land a job of their choice are anxious as to what theyll get.
Placement season gives a good excuse to go to class without reading the case study for the day. The next few weeks of classes are going to be interesting in view of this.
Satyam got a few names, including mine, from the recruiters handbook, and said they would like to meet us tomorrow when they come for recruitment. The positions will be based in Asia Pacific. This is probably going to be my last interview before I accept CTS, so I will surely meet them tomorrow and see whats on offer. I got short listed for an interview with Verizon as well, but they wont come to campus before my CTS acceptance deadline, so wont be able to interview with them.
Placement office has not released figures yet, so I can only speak from my observations. I feel 70% students have received at least one offer by now. The placements started on 8th Jan, and will continue for a month. The salary levels are around the average salary last year, with a few getting very high salary offers. Some of the companies that have already made offers are McKinsey, A T Kearney, BCG, Marakon Singapore, Goldman Sachs London, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Citibank, DBS Bank Singapore, E&Y;, Coke, J&J;, Nokia, GE, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, Amazon, Fidelity, Deloitte, Verizon, Dell, BP, HLL, ITC, Castrol, Novartis etc. Still to come are KPMG, Prudential, GM, CSC, CA, Accenture etc.

Most positions are based in India. Some require overseas travel frequently. Many IT services companies recruit for India initially, and then in a short time put these MBAs in various geographies. Some direct overseas firms are Goldman Sachs, BP, Marakon, LNM, Standard Chartered, HSBC, KPMG, DBS, Seven Seas, Olam, certain software firms etc.

HTH
Ketan

Hello ,

I have about 4 years of experience in IT(s/w development)
I am applying to ISB this year.

Can any one please compare the placements in ISB and IIM wrt to my profile and in general too..

In one of forums, current ISB student ,Raja told that one can expect a pre-sales consultant/business analyst/assistant business development manager/program manager kind of position after doing MBA from ISB

It will be great if any one from IIMs or ISB can comapre the placements wrt profile of a person having 4 yrs of exp in IT(s/w development)

Thanks
scjp

Can any one please compare the placements in ISB and IIM wrt to my profile and in general too..

In general .. the info is all too available at relevant places. What kinda comparison do you want ? Go lookup the respective websites.

Specific to your profile, *strictly my opinion*, they would be more or less similar. Simply coz, at this moment, recruiters cant really pay (or do they pay :!: ) a premium at any of these colleges. ISB is young but promising. battlelines have just been drawn. No clear winner as yet. So, dont expect any solid pointers.

just that the placements process at ISB is a rolling one whereas IIMs have laterals program for exp junta. Which one gets you a better deal -- anyone's call.

hth.

PS: try to do some basic research before asking such open questions. It'll help u much more. 😃
Some updates from isbpgp group by Raja

While you guys are busy with your admissions interviews, we at ISB are busy with our job interviews. Placement season started yesterday, and will continue for a few weeks. McKinsey picked up 6, which is a huge jump from last year. Among tech companies, we had Microsoft, IBM and Oracle yesterday, and Cognizant, Yahoo and Amazon today. Keep watching this space for more updates.

Placements are going at a good pace. In just a week, probably half the campus has jobs. The IT companies are the major recruiters, some hiring 15-20 students. The names I can recollect are Microsoft, IBM, Fidelity, Yahoo, Amazon, Mindtree, Trilogy, CTS, Wipro, Deloitte etc. There are many more lined up for the following weeks. Salaries have been good enough. Many have doubled their pre-ISB salary. Some people have declined high salary offers (high means >15 lakh). Few have got job titles like Geography Head. Many have two job offers and are in a dilemma. Those who are yet to land a job of their choice are anxious as to what theyll get.
Placement season gives a good excuse to go to class without reading the case study for the day. The next few weeks of classes are going to be interesting in view of this.
Satyam got a few names, including mine, from the recruiters handbook, and said they would like to meet us tomorrow when they come for recruitment. The positions will be based in Asia Pacific. This is probably going to be my last interview before I accept CTS, so I will surely meet them tomorrow and see whats on offer. I got short listed for an interview with Verizon as well, but they wont come to campus before my CTS acceptance deadline, so wont be able to interview with them.
Placement office has not released figures yet, so I can only speak from my observations. I feel 70% students have received at least one offer by now. The placements started on 8th Jan, and will continue for a month. The salary levels are around the average salary last year, with a few getting very high salary offers. Some of the companies that have already made offers are McKinsey, A T Kearney, BCG, Marakon Singapore, Goldman Sachs London, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Citibank, DBS Bank Singapore, E&Y;, Coke, J&J;, Nokia, GE, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, Amazon, Fidelity, Deloitte, Verizon, Dell, BP, HLL, ITC, Castrol, Novartis etc. Still to come are KPMG, Prudential, GM, CSC, CA, Accenture etc.

Most positions are based in India. Some require overseas travel frequently. Many IT services companies recruit for India initially, and then in a short time put these MBAs in various geographies. Some direct overseas firms are Goldman Sachs, BP, Marakon, LNM, Standard Chartered, HSBC, KPMG, DBS, Seven Seas, Olam, certain software firms etc.

HTH
Ketan

Hi,

I have few question regarding placement at ISB

1. If anyone has 3-4 yrs exp in IT what kind of Job He/She can expect after completion of MBA? What will be the average compensation package..?

2. Does the past JOB plays a good role to get a good salary after MBA..?.or it can be change by doing good performance in Academic exams....?

3. If anyone wants to shift his career from Finance To IT how would be the prospect in Finance ??

If you could answer the question I would be regretful to you...Thank you in advance....

regds,
Angs

hi puys,
wud anyone like to compare IIMB and ISB for older guys with 10+ experience. i mean the exec pgme of IIMB