Placements 2007 @ Great Lakes, Chennai

Overview of Placements 2007 Great Lakes, Chennai Great Lakes continued its journey towards being one of the best Business Schools in India with a successful campus recruitment season that concluded on 5th Feb 2007. In its third year, Great Lak…

Overview of Placements 2007 Great Lakes, Chennai
Great Lakes continued its journey towards being one of the best Business Schools in India with a successful campus recruitment season that concluded on 5th Feb 2007. In its third year, Great Lakes was able to achieve, what most B- Schools would only dream of. Not just 100% placements but each and every Great Laker was placed with the choicest of companies, desired profiles and most importantly, deserved compensations and benefits.
With companies competing to recruit Great Lakers, the entire batch was placed within hours, with quite a few recruiters going back empty handed. This clearly demonstrates the faith the corporate world has put in Great Lakes growing brand equity. Among the praises showered by most of the recruiters visiting Great Lakes, one comment seemed to be common from all of them, that Great Lakers performance was far above their expectations and hence they ended up making more offers than they anticipated making on Great Lakes campus.
Companies like British Petroleum made in all 4 offers to Great Lakes students, which is almost half the number of offers they anticipate to make across all Indian B-School campuses this year. They were so impressed with a students performance here that they went ahead and created a profile in Strategic Planning for this Great Laker. Infosys, one of the star recruiters, offered a profile, which has never been given in any Business School campus in India so far. Computer Science Corporation visiting Great Lakes for the first time was highly impressed with the quality of students and ended up giving more than a dozen offers.
Placements 2007 at Great Lakes is just another feather in its cap, and yet another step forward in its journey towards being the Best of B-Schools.
Our Key Recruiters
Some First Time Recruiters
Computer Sciences Corp.
HSBC
Accenture
Langham Capital
Frost & Sullivan
Pioneer Investment Corp.
IT
Computer Sciences Corp.
Infosys Technologies
HCL
Tata Consultancy Services
IBM
Cognizant
Satyam
Photon Infotech
Virtusa
Accenture
ITC Infotech
Covansys
Wipro Technologies
Consulting
Frost & Sullivan
MindTree Consulting
Deloitte
Mercer
GrowTalent
Tricolor Consulting
BFSI
HSBC
HDFC Bank
ICICI Bank
Centurion Bank of Punjab
Kotak Group
FMCG & Retail
DSCL
Godrej
Henkel India
British Petroleum
SabMiller
Pantaloon
Manufacturing
Tata Motors
TVS Electronics
Investment Banking
Pioneer Investment Corp.
Langham Capital
Some other Recruiters
String Infosystems
VSNL
Vistasoft
The Hindu
Genpact
Marg Constructions
Tejas Networks
  1. The above list is just a reflective list of recruiters and not a complete record
Snapshots 2007
Total Companies Recruiting at Great Lakes 63
Total Offers made over 226
Offers per student - 1.45
Number of Students who Participated 154
International Offer (PPO) 1 by Frost & Sullivan
Highest Domestic Offer Rs. 17 Lakhs p.a.
Median Salary (CTC) Rs. 8.00 Lakhs p.a.
Average Salary (CTC) Rs. 9.03 Lakhs p.a.
Minimum Salary Offered Rs. 6 Lakhs p.a.
Pre Placement Offers - 8
25.1% increase in Average Salary over Last year
Number of Recruiters visiting for the first time 23
Number of offers above 9 Lakhs p.a. 65
Most of our students are Laterals, and hence are in process of getting better offers from companies, so the average salary figure (9.03 L p.a.) will go up before the end of the academic session

Due to some external issues the same hasnt been updated on the Great Lakes website, It will be done as soon as possible.

Overview of Placements 2007 Great Lakes, Chennai
Infosys, one of the star recruiters, offered a profile, which has never been given in any Business School campus in India so far.

Congrats Man .. Just wondering what profile is this which Infy has offered ?? I am a former Infoscian myself and there are lots of Infoscians here who would also be keen tro know what profile is this - just to get an idea of the kind of profiles we can expect in placements !!
coolcataspirant Says
Congrats Man .. Just wondering what profile is this which Infy has offered ?? I am a former Infoscian myself and there are lots of Infoscians here who would also be keen tro know what profile is this - just to get an idea of the kind of profiles we can expect in placements !!

Hi

Nice to see so much interest from Infoscions, for that matter i was with Infy for around 2 yrs prior to joining Great Lakes.

The Profile that Infy offered is a part of Solutions Grp, wherein there are as of now 15 people with all having more than 10-12 yrs of work ex. This is the first time they offered this profile in a B School and also the person concerned had around 5 yrs of non IT work Ex. 😃

Kool. Thanks !! Btw, what were the other profiles offered by Infy ?? And if it aint too troublesome can you just list me some profiles offered by the other Tech Companies ??

Thanks !!

Kool. Thanks !! Btw, what were the other profiles offered by Infy ?? And if it aint too troublesome can you just list me some profiles offered by the other Tech Companies ??

Thanks !!

Some of the profiles offered by Tech Cos.

1. Consultants/Senior Business Consultants
2. Business Analsyts/Senior Business Analyst
3. Business Developement
4. Pre Sales
5. Marketing
6. Program Management
7. Team Leads

3. Business Developement
4. Pre Sales
5. Marketing
6. Program Management
7. Team Leads

Can elaborate on offers(roles/designations) made to people with 1-2 years of work in different sectors both IT and other sectors.

3. Business Developement
4. Pre Sales
5. Marketing
6. Program Management
7. Team Leads

Were there any companies who were looking for a specific educational back ground and work ex(IT). Or they were flexible to pick people with diverse back grounds.

Congrats first of all for the great placements!! Excellent Stats!!

A few Questions from my side...

1. How many candidates were placed through the lateral route and what was the criteria for laterals?. What is the no of people among the 154 students who opted for placements.

2. As i understand, being a lateral candidate myself and having seen placement season, the salaries are negogitated across the table and sealed since a lateral makes his choice based on this..then how is that you say most of the candidates being lateral, their salaries will be changed?

3. Can you elaborate on the Salary offered by Infy for the profile mentioned?..As it the same profile as a domain expert?.

4. Did British Petroleum come for a posting in India?..or did they come under the Banner of Castrol India Ltd?

5. Any Idea on the Salary and profile offered by Henkel India Ltd, VSNL, TCS,Tata Motors, Deloitte and ITC Infotech?

6. How many companies approximately purely recruited laterals from the batch?

Cheers
Shankar

HI friends

I got work-ex of 20 months in Telecom (biggest telecom vendor in the world)
What were the profiles and salary offered to people with similar profile

Regards
Manav Mahajan

baju_rbj Says
Were there any companies who were looking for a specific educational back ground and work ex(IT). Or they were flexible to pick people with diverse back grounds.

People with 1-2 yrs of work ex. willing to go to IT were taken in as Business Consultant/Business Analysts/Team Leads.

There were instances were in people were able to bring on table more knoweldge than their work ex. and hence were offered Senior Business Analsyst/Senior Buisness Consultants
Congrats first of all for the great placements!! Excellent Stats!!

A few Questions from my side...

1. How many candidates were placed through the lateral route and what was the criteria for laterals?. What is the no of people among the 154 students who opted for placements.

2. As i understand, being a lateral candidate myself and having seen placement season, the salaries are negogitated across the table and sealed since a lateral makes his choice based on this..then how is that you say most of the candidates being lateral, their salaries will be changed?

3. Can you elaborate on the Salary offered by Infy for the profile mentioned?..As it the same profile as a domain expert?.

4. Did British Petroleum come for a posting in India?..or did they come under the Banner of Castrol India Ltd?

5. Any Idea on the Salary and profile offered by Henkel India Ltd, VSNL, TCS,Tata Motors, Deloitte and ITC Infotech?

6. How many companies approximately purely recruited laterals from the batch?

Cheers
Shankar

1. Out of 162, 154 sat for placements.

2. When i say that their salaries would go up, it is becasue we have certain cos. visiting in the next two months. These cos. are looking for vert specific profiles like Assistant Vice Presidents, VP's etc. Hence the salary figures would go up as now these people would start negotiating from the offer they already have. This specifically is for people with more than 5 yrs of work ex.
3. No the salary offered by Infy is not same as the domain expert. Due to confidential reasons we cant disclose this figure (As co. has asked us not to do so)
4. They did come under the banner of Castrol, but recruited for British Petroleum also. The locations are not finalised.
5. Henkel offered MAnagement Trainees to freshers , VSNL offerd Marketing and Corporate Finance wiTata Motors offered a profile in PPC (for a person with 6 yrs work ex in manufacturing), ITC Infotech offered Consultants to people with 5 + yrs work ex, and Deloitte looked for CA's for tax consultancy
6. We have around 10 freshers, besides that every one is a lateral. Now cos. use different yardsticks for lateral definitions with some saying 12 months, and some 18 months. But the same cos. like lets say Infosys recruited for laterals as well as freshers.
HI friends

Regards
Manav Mahajan

Hi Manav,

As i said in IT the profiles were SBA's/BA's/BC's/SBC's

In other fields you can chose Marketing, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, HR etc

Were there any telecom recruiters? If yes the kind of profiles they have offered pls?

HI friends

Regards
Manav Mahajan

LadyLuck Says
Were there any telecom recruiters? If yes the kind of profiles they have offered pls?
1. Out of 162, 154 sat for placements.

4. They did come under the banner of Castrol, but recruited for British Petroleum also. The locations are not finalised.
6. We have around 10 freshers, besides that every one is a lateral. Now cos. use different yardsticks for lateral definitions with some saying 12 months, and some 18 months. But the same cos. like lets say Infosys recruited for laterals as well as freshers.

Ok so overall u mean only 10 freshers in the entire batch...of 162?...pure..without any work exp and rest have 12 months + right?......

btw if Castrol came ....why report BP..asking u this...since I knw the HR myself at Castrol India...and they maintain a stance that they only go to IIMS and ISB as BP..rest al places as Castrol..since its a policy decision..so kindly do check on this..unless the companies suddenly come on campus and decide otherwise to recruit for BP!!...No offence meant...but a purely rational question...

Cheers
Shankar
Ok so overall u mean only 10 freshers in the entire batch...of 162?...pure..without any work exp and rest have 12 months + right?......

btw if Castrol came ....why report BP..asking u this...since I knw the HR myself at Castrol India...and they maintain a stance that they only go to IIMS and ISB as BP..rest al places as Castrol..since its a policy decision..so kindly do check on this..unless the companies suddenly come on campus and decide otherwise to recruit for BP!!...No offence meant...but a purely rational question...

Cheers
Shankar

Hi Shankar

Castrol was the one which intially visited but they recruited for BP. Yes BP goes to only IIM's and ISB till last year, but Great Lakes has been added to that list this year.

They had to offer 6 profiles across India, out of which 3 were offered at Great Lakes.

They are yet to visit IIM's and ISB.
HI friends

Regards
Manav Mahajan

As I said before it depends on the vertical/horizontal that you wish to enter. In case you want to go back to Telecom, we had Tejas Networks (India's biggest Network hardware manufacture) and VSNL/Tata Indicom, Frost and Sullivan (Telecom Consulting)visiting campus for specific telecom roles.

Placement Report is up there on Great Lakes website.

Pls. check Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai