Placement News from TAPMI 2008

Hi All; The placements have started at TAPMI and I shall be updating the Forum about the latest news. Please feel free to ask any doubts abt placements and admissions in TAPMI. ITS BETTER TO GET THE FACTS FROM THE STUDENTS THAN READ SO…

Hi All;

The placements have started at TAPMI and I shall be updating the Forum about the latest news.
Please feel free to ask any doubts abt placements and admissions in TAPMI.

ITS BETTER TO GET THE FACTS FROM THE STUDENTS THAN READ SOME MAGAZINES PROVIDING WRONG INFO.

Cheers!!!
Snehanu

For admissions please go through this link

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-admissions-2008-25025903

hosted by Ameya

Snehanu

Hey,

Wishing all the puys at TAPMI best luck for the placement process... Waiting to hear the good news from u guys....

Hi All;

The placements have started at TAPMI and I shall be updating the Forum about the latest news.
Please feel free to ask any doubts abt placements and admissions in TAPMI.

ITS BETTER TO GET THE FACTS FROM THE STUDENTS THAN READ SOME MAGAZINES PROVIDING WRONG INFO.

Cheers!!!
Snehanu

snehanu,
Please dont give information other than what placement chairman releases in the placement release. Dont mention about the profiles etc etc. This was a request from our seniors!!! take care.

Hi All;

TAPMI had a fantastic placement this year.
The highest offered salary was 18 lacs by Lehman Bro. in India.
There was 3 international offers made by KPMG.
Other details shall be posted when tabulated.

Cheers!!!
Snehanu

hello ,
actually i am new for this thred . could u please inform me what are the companies are there in TAPMI placement for the batch of 2006-08.

Placement news are supposed to be in B-School Student Discussions section and not in the CAT and Related Discussion section. Thread moved to the right section.

snehanu,
Please dont give information other than what placement chairman releases in the placement release. Dont mention about the profiles etc etc. This was a request from our seniors!!! take care.

Care to elaborate on why exactly posting profiles is a problem!
Placement news are supposed to be in B-School Student Discussions section and not in the CAT and Related Discussion section. Thread moved to the right section.

Care to elaborate on why exactly posting profiles is a problem!

Thats because its against our college policies and we can always give u a jist of the profiles but exact profile details cant be revealed. Thats what was told to us by our seniors!!!
ravishin kush Says
Thats because its against our college policies and we can always give u a jist of the profiles but exact profile details cant be revealed. Thats what was told to us by our seniors!!!

You mean gist ! .. fair enough.. awaiting further details
Out of the total 184 offers, including 3 overseas, made to 125 students of the local T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), students have accepted offers in 50 companies. The Campus Placement for the Batch of 2008 was held on December 20.

Amidst hectic schedules and students shuttling between interviews with different organizations on campus, almost all the students were `placed within a few hours of commencement of the process. TAPMI had adopted a dual offer system with an end of the day acceptance in order to allow students to have their choice of signing up for the most preferred organisations.

As many as 74 companies confirmed their willingness to recruit and they together made offers in diverse sectors such as Financial Services including Banking, Equity Research and Wealth Management, IT & ITES, Consulting, Telecommunication, FMCG, Manufacturing, Health Care, Entertainment and Infrastructure.

As many as 12 students had received pre-placement offers for their outstanding performance during their summer internship of which 3 accepted.

The average salary offered this year is Rs 7.38 lakh and the highest salary offered is Rs 18 lakh, while the previous years record was Rs 9.25.

Companies which visited TAPMI campus and recruited for the first time included Lehman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, SEBI, ICRA, Adventity, Bank of America, Standard Chartered Bank, CapGemini, D E Shaw, Big FM, GMR Group, Godrej & Boyce, JSW, Tata Capital, Reliance Capital, Pioneer Investment Corporation and Wockhardt Hospitals.

Hope this news shall help you all to make those crucial decesions.

Check Press coverage for the same at

Deccan Herald - TAPMI sets record in placements of graduates

Thanks
Snehanu

hey congrats to snehanu as well as other seniors at TAPMI... hope u guys have got ur dream companies..
snehanu, can u throw some more light on the placements.. What was the profile(background) of the person who got the 18 lakh package in lehman brothers... also what has been the median salary this year..

Hope this news shall help you all to make those crucial decesions.

Hi ...

Many thanks for putting your placement news on pagalguy.. trust me ppl were wondering ... the placements got over ages ago .. and the report isnt out till now ...

I have two questions

You mentioned that the placement process was over in a few hours ... how many hours did it take? It must have been a wonderful experience managing it...

What was the median salary offered?

Do you guys always add on to the average salary ...I mean take the revisions into consideration... I am asking this .. as we never did that... So just wanted to know what other Institutes do ...

All the very best...

no dude we do not take the revisions.

the stats quoted are as on the date of placements and any revisions later are not considered.

Regards,
Aheesh Nagraj
PGP II
Batch 2006-08

hello friends >>

can anyone please give me a comparision between siib or KJ ( or scmhrd that is too much i guess ) and tapmi also any reason why tapmi has gone down on ratings over the past couple of years ??

any info on tapmi is highly welcome >>>

Cause given a choice would one take tapmi now or give snap next year ( i have missed siib cut off by 0.25 marks 😞 ) and try ? ?

Any suggestions , comments ? ? ? I am puzzled ? ? ?

Hi guys. I am from the commerce background and hav done Mcom. What is the finance faculty like in Tapmi as i've heard some of the old guys have left. also, what are the placements in finance this time? Thanks.

What job profiles and designatios were offered??

Hi,..

me converted tapmi joining 2008-10 batch .. had some queries regarding the folowing..

1 hostels?? is the new campus hostel ready will the new batch be started there..

2 summer placements?? wat kind of companies come for summer inters..

3 mkting vs finance?? wat pays more in terms of value and money..

4 laptops?? included in the fees, does tapmi has some bulk deal plan..

5 dress code?? is there like formal dress code during class..

Seniors....Could you please give an overview of the profiles offered by the recruiters especially the ones coming to TAPMI for the first time...
What we know from the placement news is the avg compensation offered and the new companies which came this time....some detailed info would be highly welcomed! 😃