Placed in 15th best B school of the world

Hello All. I am Ankur. Please excuse me if the title of the thread seems too ostentatious. I could not find a better way to get you read it and give your suggestions.My background is in Pharmaceuticals and I want to pursue an MBA in strate…

Hello All.
I am Ankur.

Please excuse me if the title of the thread seems too ostentatious. I could not find a better way to get you read it and give your suggestions.My background is in Pharmaceuticals and I want to pursue an MBA in strategy or Health. Out of the schools, I applied to, I secured an admit in the Drucker School, Claremont Graduate University, California for fall 2009. The school has been ranked as the 15th best B-School in the world this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_F._Drucker_and_Masatoshi_Ito_Graduate_School _of_Management
Although I do not place much emphasis on rankings as the ranking methodology used differs from agency to agency, but one school of thought is that going to the 15th best B-school in the world is really something. The rub here is that I got no scholarship and the 2 yr program costs around $160,000. The costs I mentioned include tuition, housing and everything. Can anyone suggest me whether this huge sum is worth investing, since my entire education would be either on educational loan from an agency or loan against property. I have read the school placement data on their website, but if somebody can guide me better on the placement scenario, I would be well guided.

I have also got an admit to Sawyer Business School, Suffolk University, Boston for fall 2009 in MBA- Health. The 2 yr costs would be approx $ 100,000. The graduate program of this school has been named among top 15th in global management. Can any suffolk alum or Drucker alum give me some thoughts on which school I should consider.
Thanks,
Ankur.

hi Ankur
the question to which u r seeking answer is a personal choice, hence nobody can help u much here.
U dont want to know whether X school is good in Y or Z.
U want to know if spending x amount is justified or not.
But this is the question ONLY you can answer.
still if you are confused. consider this:
if you feel that you are ok even if you dont get a job after few months of MBA, and you also are ok with the EMIs post-MBA then go ahead

Hope that helped!!

Ankur

Most of the people who are looking for a US based MBA program refer to rankings from businessweek, US News and Financial Times (for the international perspective). The universities that you have referenced are not present in any of these rankings.

While rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt I would question the quality of degree provided by these schools since they are absent from the main three rankings referred to by prospective students.

Also, you have to consider that with the current economic climate getting a job in USA post MBA might be really tough. You would be competing against the students from higher ranked schools and it would be really tough for an employer to choose a graduate of Drucker / Sawyer over somebody from the Emory's and Notre Dame's.

Hence, from an investment perspective I would suggest that you do not go for these schools and apply for an established school (maybe top 50 of the rankings mentioned above) in the next year.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.