Pittsburgh (Katz) 2008 interviews and admits

Hi Everyone, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for Katz Interviews. Please start posting as soon as you start your process. It would be great if people, who are going to apply to Katz discuss the doubts, their prepa…

Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for Katz Interviews.

Please start posting as soon as you start your process. It would be great if people, who are going to apply to Katz discuss the doubts, their preparation and profiles here.

Best Regards,
Nisha.

Hey..
nice initiative..

I have also applied to Katz in R1..

I request all to share the profile..

GMAT - 700,5.5
TOEFL - 250,3.5

WRK EXP - 26 MONTHS (Obviously in IT) :)

Acad : good
EC: good.

waiting for the reply from Katz..

Cheers

Hi Nisha,

Are you the same Nisha who is my cousins friend? Hint: Look at my signature and name.

--- Abhishek.

Hi,

Ya its a really nice initiative. My profile is as below :-

GMAT - 650/5.5
Experience - 41 months (IT)

Acad - Good
ExtraCurricular - Good

Cheers
Anirban

Hi Guys,
I took GMAT yesterday and only scored 600 (Q47, V27) :-(

I have 2 yrs experience in IT.
Good acads...

Not much of extra curriculars..

What are my chances in the Top 50 in US?
What about Katz? Katz has an average GMAT score of 615..Do I stand a chance here?

Hi Nisha,

Are you the same Nisha who is my cousins friend? Hint: Look at my signature and name.

--- Abhishek.

:)..Yes! Who else it can be?

how are you doing? I keep getting your updates from my friend.

Hi
How is the post mba scenario?What kinda cos come there for recruitment

Hi,

I got a interview invitation mail from Katz today :-).. Has anybody else received it ? Kindly, let us know. Also if anyone of you has any idea of how the interview process for Katz is like then please enlighten us with your experiences. (if applied earlier or heard from some semior ppl)

Cheers,
Anirban

Hi..

Me too got an interview invitation. Have sceduled the interview on 28th Nov.

What about u Anirban?

Hi,

I havent scheduled the interview as of now. Will do it by the end of the month I guess.
Anyways, keep us posted about your learnings.

Cheers

Hi All,

I got the invitation for interview today. But I am not able to decide the timing. They are 10.5 hours behind us, right? So for me there is no point in taking an appointment after 1:30 (as per their timings).

@Anirban
It seems Katz wants us to call them. I had always thought that it is ADCOM who calls us. I don't understand how am I going to manage an interview in ISD booth.

@pranay_jack
Can you please let me know your interview timing?

All the Best to both of you!!

Nisha

Hi Nisha,

Ya even I thought it was that way. Anyways I have ISD facility at home so should not be that big a problem :-). BTW best of luck to you also !!

Cheers

Hey Nisha,

I am not sure in which part of US is Katz, but google "Current Time in Pittsburg" to make sure of the time difference. Also better get ISD enabled on your home phone. Very few adcoms wil call you. Its you who will have to call in. So that would be good. All the best for your interviews.

---Abhishek.

Hey Guys,

thanks a lot for those quick replies.

I searched on Google for "Current Time in Pittsburg" and I was right. I would decide the date asap and would post.

Nisha.

Hey all
I am also gng 4 katz
all d best
Yet to take my GMAT
What can be the ideal score 4 admission?

Hey Guys,

thanks a lot for those quick replies.

I searched on Google for "Current Time in Pittsburg" and I was right. I would decide the date asap and would post.

Nisha.

Nisha

I scheduled the interview on 28th Nov 2007 at 2.15pm (Katz time).... so that will be 12.45 am India time..

Also..I had a talk with the admission committee..As per ite mail, my B.E. degree was missing in the packet..Infact the school has not mentioned about the BE degree on the website!.. all they asked was the official transcript..

Anyway..I have faxed my degree to the committee. After having a talk with the committee member, I realised that the councellers are really very helpful..and we can talk to them for any simple query.

Regarding the interview call, I am planning to make the call through my mobile.Recently I talked to them thru mobile only and the clarity of voice was good. The interview may last for 45 minutes..so make sure u have balance in mobile :)

All guys,

Please keep this forum updated..

hi guys..

well i have also interview with Katz. I have booked d 28th Nov 12.30 PM EST timing.

DO anybody knows what kinda questions they ask?

Rahul..
can you share ur profile please?

Gmat : 640
TOEFL :104

BE Computers
Currently doing a diploma in Advertising & public relationship.
Work ex: less than 2 yrs

I got thru 4 universities last yr ( fall 2007 application)

American Uni
Temple fox
baruch
and Uni of Miami.

But no scholz. So reapplying this yr.