PhD in USA

I am a MBA and Computer Engineer working currently in Software Industry. I have completed Computer Engineering and MBA from India (Mumbai University) and have 10 years of experience in IT industry. I would like to pursue a PhD in Managem…

I am a MBA and Computer Engineer working currently in
Software Industry.
I have completed Computer Engineering and MBA from
India (Mumbai University) and have 10 years of
experience in IT industry.
I would like to pursue a PhD in Management or Information Technology in USA.
I would appreciate any guidance provided on preparations I have to do and how much it would cost.

Regards,
PhD seeker

PhdSicker Says
I am a MBA and Computer Engineer working currently in Software Industry. I have completed Computer Engineering and MBA from India (Mumbai University) and have 10 years of experience in IT industry. I would like to pursue a PhD in Management or Information Technology in USA. I would appreciate any guidance provided on preparations I have to do and how much it would cost. Regards, PhD seeker

- strong GRE; minimum 750 in the quant section, TOEFL
- Prior scientific research work in IT would be helpful
- Worth doing only in a top 30 university (computer science or IS department) or top 15 business school (information management)
- Normally you would get a full scholarship for 4 years along with a GA (like salary) of USD 25-35K depending on the university.
- Getting: extremely challenging.... requires a lot of research and a high contact personalized approach to impress the faculty whose department youre trying to get into to do that PhD.