PGPX(IIMA) v/s PGP(ISB)

Sorry if this question has been addressed in some form earlier. I have not been able to find answers on some rational comparision of ISB and PGPX. I have put down my understanding and would invite comments. 4289 Since I am assuming atleast …

Sorry if this question has been addressed in some form earlier. I have not been able to find answers on some rational comparision of ISB and PGPX. I have put down my understanding and would invite comments.

Since I am assuming atleast some forum participants already at IIMA/ISB might have gone thru these questions, I am requesting for some insights.

It appears that PGPX with a requirement of 7 years of work ex(?) and min. age of 27, draws relatively senior people with better quality exp. when compared to ISB, on an average. Further from the profile of PGPX 1 batch and from the yahoo group which got interview calls, it seems the analytical skills of the PGPX crowd is as good (high GMAT scores and good acads). This is despite the perception that older people don't get high gmat scores ! Can IIMA leverage its brand value as far as the PGPX is concerned?

ISB on the other hand claims curriculum, teaching support from its support schools (Kellogg/Wharton/LBS) to be its plus. Its independent governing body apparently allows ISB to make all decisions independently. I do not know if the Min HRD intervenes in the functioning of IIMA on such decisions affecting quality of programme. I have been to ISB's info session today and the alumni I spoke feels ISB scores in faculty (as it gets profs from good B schools from world over) and infra structure.

Would be happy to see if we can bring sharpness to this debate and help decide people make appropriate choices.

mate,

b school comparison is not allowed on the forum and this falls in the same category..

THis is my first post to this forum, though have been an active reader since last couple of years.In continuation with the above thread, need some advice from experts out there. A brief about me:11 years work ex, working in a fairly senior position (group head in an IT company). Decided that I really need to do MBA 2 weeks back (yes, 2 weeks !). Slogged a couple of nights, whatever time I could get from all those late night calls and not to mention, pressure-cooker job.Scored 690 yesterday(dont know if it good, bad or decent). Now that IIM C PG date is over, have decided to apply to IIM A PG and ISB. The average placement statistics show that IIM A has scored over ISB in its last 2 batches. Incidentally have couple of team members in my team from ISB :)However, on a pragmatic note, I guess its easier to get into ISB as compared to IIM, considering all the factors that involve GMAT score, work-ex, international exposure etc.If there are folks in this forum from IIM PGPX, can you suggest what my chances could be with that score? And how should I proceed? And are my observations correct?Thanks,