PGPX 2007 Batch - Interviews and Beyond

Hi All, Do not mean to thread crap but I thought it would be nice to talk about the interview experiences and the the selection for PGPX 2007 batch here. This way Mukul et all in other thread will only get the questions we have for them as oppos…

Hi All,
Do not mean to thread crap but I thought it would be nice to talk about the interview experiences and the the selection for PGPX 2007 batch here. This way Mukul et all in other thread will only get the questions we have for them as oppose to our usual chit chat about who got interview call and what was asked.

I'll start by asking has anyone receieved interview calls yet. Last year by this time there were quite a few who had got their Interview Invitation Emails.

Please share any news/Rumors and of course, your progress.
??:

2. GMAT - 710
  3. Acads - so so
  4. Ext. Cir. - so so

When student is ready, Teacher will appear.

IIMA Site says:

(a) Last date for receipt of filled-in applications: August 10, 2006
(b) Intimation to short listed candidates: by September 10, 2006
(c) Interviews: September-October, 2006
(d) Intimation to selected candidates: by October 31, 2006

Its already end of August and no news about anyone receieving any interview calls.

(b) Last date for receipt of filled-in applications: August 10, 2006
(c) Intimation to short listed candidates: by September 10, 2006
(d) Interviews: September-October, 2006
(e) Intimation to selected candidates: by October 31, 2006

No one has received a call yet. The list will be out on September 10th.

I dont have the list of Questions that are required to be submitted, could someone share it

They are there on the other IIMA thread in this forum.

Hi Avomc,
By Questions I assume you are asking about Essays. As Vagabond said are in one of the threads here, if you did not find them then here they are:

1. What do you expect to gain from the PGPX at IIMA?
  1. Describe a situation in your life that demonstrates your leadership qualities.
  1. Describe the single event or achievement that has significantly influenced your life.
  1. Give a description of yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel are your strengths and weaknesses.
  1. Any other information that you believe may help us make a decision on your application.

Hi guys...I appeared for the interviews last year and had received an email from the Institute asking me to apply agin..The seats have been increased to 120. And from what i know 50 % of the class was from IT and they might diversify this year. There was an inordinate stress on Foreign Work ex last year and the site even mentioned about the % of admit swho had travelled abroad. I had an excellent interview last year but could not make it...I have about 15 Yrs work ex in In Petroleum retail, GMAT SCORE OF 690 , avg acads from a leading Delhi College and no extra curricular activity worththe name..no foreign work ex ......so what say guys...do u think IIM ( A) might change there stress on Internatonal work ex and IT guys and might go in for diversity in class all INt b schools do and what will be the cut of for GMAT for the interview..i think it was 650 last year...and btw i heard that theGMAT of the applicants this year is very high .....so keep ur fingers crossed.. Kya mera number ayega

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for sharing your experience from last year. Couple of questions:

a) Was your GMAT score 690 last year when you appeared for the interview or did you reappeared for the test after that.
b) How much Managerial experience did you had last year, do you think that had an impact on their decesion from PGPX.

You're right the GMAT is high this year and so I guess there will be more stress on how one gives his interview. Positive thing though is 120 seats (as you said and we have read) and so hopefully is saal number lagna chahiye..:satisfie:

Also, any insights from your last year interview you could share will be nice.

Another moot point is when the essays and the Reco letters will be asked for. Any insight from last year's experience anyone??

Fingers crossed all YE!!

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,
What I have read around the forums. The Essays will be asked to be submitted after the Interview confirmation email and before the interview. Not too sure about the Reccos. I think the Interview confirmation email should have the needed information.
Waiting for the email ..

HI guys...The Essays will be submitted a wek b4 interview and after the interview call is received which last year was recd after a month of the Appn last date. My GMAT Score last year was also 690, I have taken the GMAT just once and Managerial Experience was about 15 yrs last year close to 16 this year. The Esssays have to be sub,itted online a week b4 the interview. I have appaeared for many a interview and my interview at IIM ( A ) was perhaps the best i could have ever given. I think they had a ordinately high weightage for intl exp and as it was the 1st bacth wanted guys who could be placed easily ie IT & Finance guys ..but what i learn from the guys who r already students of PGPX that they are handicapped by the breadth of class discussion as IT guys have the same experience. so They might be amenable to more diverse background....and with IIM cal also launching a PGPEX and ISB increasing seats...the chances r going to be slightly better but competition more intense.....anyway lets keep our fingers crossed

The seats this year are not 120. They continue to be 70. They might be increased next year (2008 -2009 batch)The GMAT scores of the applicants is much higher than last years. There are many more people with a score of over 700.
I have a GMAT of 640. I have 16+ years of good experience as entrepreuner with loads of internation travel. I also have good organizational experience. However, the score of 640 may let me down.
I feel that IIM should consider all the points that were filled out by us in the application. What is the point collectiong all the data if only GMAT scores are considered as a cut off.

Let us keep our fingers crossed.

Just a thought.

Apparently one of the main factors for admission is "employability". Considering that all applicants have fairly good experience and may not find it difficult to get a good job (IIMA or no IIMA), would it help chances of admission if someone says in interview that he would be opting out of campus placement?

Any reactions?

Rakesh,

Thanks. Length i guess is 500

Hi Avomc,
By Questions I assume you are asking about Essays. As Vagabond said are in one of the threads here, if you did not find them then here they are:
  1. What do you expect to gain from the PGPX at IIMA?

Hi Anagat,

Do you have any concrete info re seats this year being only 70 and not more?

Rakesh

The seats this year are not 120. They continue to be 70. They might be increased next year (2008 -2009 batch)The GMAT scores of the applicants is much higher than last years. There are many more people with a score of over 700.
I have a GMAT of 640. I have 16+ years of good experience as entrepreuner with loads of internation travel. I also have good organizational experience. However, the score of 640 may let me down.
I feel that IIM should consider all the points that were filled out by us in the application. What is the point collectiong all the data if only GMAT scores are considered as a cut off.

Let us keep our fingers crossed.

avomc

Yes, in IIMA's words "send us a write-up on the following topics (about 500 words each)"

Rakesh

avomc Says
Thanks. Length i guess is 500
Only done with my two essays "What will you gain in PGPX" Essay and "Leadship" one. Still two more remaining, the one about "Strengths and weaknesses" and "one event which influenzed you"... Not sure if I'll write anything in "Any other info" essay.

What about you guys, how its going. Any bumps on the way to write essays.

I'm working on a interview question list from last year and general questions from net, I'll post that here once completed.

intezaar me..

Hi desi,

I can see that you are getting ready to manage the next year's thread 😃 Good for all of us! Post that Interview Q list pronto.

I have done all my essays but the revisions are killing me! If this continues I might end up with my original drafts!

I found the "strengths and weaknesses" one the hardest. It is tough to praise yourself while trying to be modest ??: Anyway, I ultimately included examples from my work ex which (hopefully) showcase my skills and strengths. Weaknesses? I don't have any (This is the biggest one!)

ATB to all

Rakesh

Only done with my two essays "What will you gain in PGPX" Essay and "Leadship" one. Still two more remaining, the one about "Strengths and weaknesses" and "one event which influenzed you"... Not sure if I'll write anything in "Any other info" essay.

What about you guys, how its going. Any bumps on the way to write essays.

I'm working on a interview question list from last year and general questions from net, I'll post that here once completed.

intezaar me..
sunny_c32 Says
Hi guys...I appeared for the interviews last year and had received an email from the Institute asking me to apply agin..The seats have been increased to 120. And from what i know 50 % of the class was from IT and they might diversify this year. There was an inordinate stress on Foreign Work ex last year and the site even mentioned about the % of admit swho had travelled abroad. I had an excellent interview last year but could not make it...I have about 15 Yrs work ex in In Petroleum retail, GMAT SCORE OF 690 , avg acads from a leading Delhi College and no extra curricular activity worththe name..no foreign work ex ......so what say guys...do u think IIM ( A) might change there stress on Internatonal work ex and IT guys and might go in for diversity in class all INt b schools do and what will be the cut of for GMAT for the interview..i think it was 650 last year...and btw i heard that theGMAT of the applicants this year is very high .....so keep ur fingers crossed.. Kya mera number ayega

This is for sunny_c32
Can you pl. provide your contact no./mail id. I am also from oil sector & need insight on your interview last year with IIM-A. I have submitted my application this year though my score is just 660. I am CA by profession.