PGPEX-VLMP: 1 year @ IIMC, IIT-K & IIT-M

Hi everyone, Life is a roller coaster @ vlmp…Infact when I applied for this course last year, I wondered why were there only a few posts on this course that is increasingly gaining popularity in manufacturing & operations managament…I got…

Hi everyone,

Life is a roller coaster @ vlmp...Infact when I applied for this course last year, I wondered why were there only a few posts on this course that is increasingly gaining popularity in manufacturing & operations managament...I got the answer within weeks of joining the 4th batch @ IIMC in April'2010..The course with 1000+ contact hrs - 1 year, fully residential is power-packed with so much of theoritical & practical inputs...u wouldn't really find time to do anything else :).
It starts with term 0, 1 and 2 at IIM calcutta with a schedule that makes you forget if weekends really existed....Most of the management coursework...is zipped into ....you only have to work harder every passing day. Our Guru Prof. Shoji Shiba ( @ term 0 ) would instill some knowledge that would, by the end-of-course, become an indispensable skill...Coursework at IIT-K ( term 4) and IIT-M (term 5) keep the momentum with increasing techno-managerial inputs....courses like new product development, technology management are extremely insightful....comprehensive coursework on Operations research, computer integrated manufacturing & supply chain management will haunt you if you dislike mathematics :)... But as Engineers, all of us pretty much appreciate it..

We return to IIMC in mid-november, which concludes the coursework followed by summer internship, industrial visit to Japan.

BnZ

SIR ..i have to ask that during applying for vlmp if the essay is not upto mark then they didnt call for apptitude test.one more thing that i belong to manufaturing sector then we have competition with manufature guys or all guys ...means software field candidate .....