PGPEX 2007 Application Process

Hi, I’m an applicant to PGPEX 2007 batch. Anyone else around there? I’ve a couple of questions: - PGPEX application form is a PDF document. Do you plan to hand-write it? - How do you plan to get recommendations? Again, hand-writ…

Hi,

I'm an applicant to PGPEX 2007 batch. Anyone else around there?

I've a couple of questions:

- PGPEX application form is a PDF document. Do you plan to hand-write it?
- How do you plan to get recommendations? Again, hand-written?

-P-

I'd be too optimistic to think that but then again, looks like, I'm alone here :)

-P-

Hi!

Yes you need to handwrite both the application and reco. I am student of PGPEX1 and I did the same last year. In case your referee/recommender prefers to type instead of hand-writing ,I suggest you to ask permission for the same from the PGPEX admin office. They may oblige.

All the best

Partha

Parthap:

Appreciate your help. I thought that I might not get response to my questions at all.

I think I'd follow the line and get forms hand-written. I'm in USA and my referrers are in India. It anyways is getting difficult to manage logistics. Don't want to bug those guys further by asking them to type.

So, how is it going at PGPEX and do you mind sharing your profile?

-P-

Many of them sent handwritten applications. However IIMC considers typed applications as well. I was one of them who sent pritned application.

Thanks avomc! Since I do not have a PDF writer, I'd have to send them hand-written.

How is the course coming up? Do you see major improvement areas in overall structure? If yes, how are you guys taking them up?

-P-

The course is more or less same as the one taught in regular 2 year course. However they have modified many a things keeping in mind our profile. Some courses r shorter than 2 year course and some r bigger. We have been given lenience of using Laptops for many a tasks unlike 2 year course.
Profs certainly did put in lot of effort in designing the course. Since ours is I batch, we are giving reg feedback which will be incorporated in for forthcoming batches. As of today we have nt suggested any major changes. Though the course is v stressfull and taxing, its a good course. Most of the profs teaching us are the best in the campus. Institute deliberately is focusing more on our course.

Overall the course is v good.

Thanks avomc! Since I do not have a PDF writer, I'd have to send them hand-written.

How is the course coming up? Do you see major improvement areas in overall structure? If yes, how are you guys taking them up?

-P-

avomc,

This is great to hear and heartning to observe that IIMC is focusing so actively on PGPEX. I'm impressed.

-P-

The course is more or less same as the one taught in regular 2 year course. However they have modified many a things keeping in mind our profile. Some courses r shorter than 2 year course and some r bigger. We have been given lenience of using Laptops for many a tasks unlike 2 year course.
Profs certainly did put in lot of effort in designing the course. Since ours is I batch, we are giving reg feedback which will be incorporated in for forthcoming batches. As of today we have nt suggested any major changes. Though the course is v stressfull and taxing, its a good course. Most of the profs teaching us are the best in the campus. Institute deliberately is focusing more on our course.

Overall the course is v good.

One major step taken - sent recommendation forms to my previous supervisors in India. Will begin with application form next week.

-P-

Dear PG mates (who are prusuing PGPEX in IIMC and IIMA)/aspirants for 2008

Have you guys taken help of any admission consultant to write the essays and SOP.
So far i know about one admission consultant - EssayLever that provides consultanncy for SOP and essay exclusively for IIMA and IIMC

Please advice and give honest opinion.

I'm really not thinking of one. In my opinion, best bet would be original essays minus grammatical errors.

-P-

Dear PG mates (who are prusuing PGPEX in IIMC and IIMA)/aspirants for 2008

Have you guys taken help of any admission consultant to write the essays and SOP.
So far i know about one admission consultant - EssayLever that provides consultanncy for SOP and essay exclusively for IIMA and IIMC

Please advice and give honest opinion.

Hi aspire,
Nice thread and initiative. Count me in .. I m going to apply for IIMC PGPEX 2008-2009.

My profile:
GMAT - 750
Work ex - 4.5 (IT), 1 yr intl. exp.
Acads - Decent but not spectacular
ECA/comm service - Avg

I know competition will be cut throat and I stand a very less chance because of low work ex. Still going ahead with the appl process .. I hv nothing to lose.

Mind sharing ur profile? Also, like to ask are there some more threads on PGPEX 2007?
I find very few ppl posting in this thread.

Thanks,
Ranajay

Hi Ranajay,

I searched and could not find any active participants for PGPEX 2007, so thought of starting a new thread. My guess is since application deadline is still a couple of months away, there aren't many early starters.

My profile:

GMAT - 740
Work Ex - around 7 yrs (3.5 International) in IT
Acads - Good
ECA - Average

Good luck for your efforts and let's share info as we move forward. I've written to PGPEX office regd unavailability of Attested/ Notarized copies of Transcripts. I only have original degrees and mark sheets and can, at best, provide photocopies of the same. Response is awaited.

-P-

Hi aspire,
Nice thread and initiative. Count me in .. I m going to apply for IIMC PGPEX 2008-2009.

My profile:
GMAT - 750
Work ex - 4.5 (IT), 1 yr intl. exp.
Acads - Decent but not spectacular
ECA/comm service - Avg

I know competition will be cut throat and I stand a very less chance because of low work ex. Still going ahead with the appl process .. I hv nothing to lose.

Mind sharing ur profile? Also, like to ask are there some more threads on PGPEX 2007?
I find very few ppl posting in this thread.

Thanks,
Ranajay

Hi aspire,
You have a good profile. Ur total and ntl work ex. are impressive.

Have u started with ur application? I downloaded the form today and have some queries on the following fields:
- Assets under ur management
- Sales managed
- Average yearly sales growth

Since you also work in IT, I want to know what info r u providing in these fields. I am a team lead, not a project manager. And I am not manging sales by any means.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ranajay

Hi Guys,

I think these questions are for the guys who come from sales background. If your job profile is not related to all these then I think 'NA' should be the answer to these questions..

Aspire, please do tell me about that notarized transcripts response from IIMC.

My profle,

GMAT: 710
Qual: B.Tech + MS
Exp: 5 years ( all years in US)

Good Luck to you all...

Hi aspire,
You have a good profile. Ur total and ntl work ex. are impressive.

Have u started with ur application? I downloaded the form today and have some queries on the following fields:
- Sales managed

Since you also work in IT, I want to know what info r u providing in these fields. I am a team lead, not a project manager. And I am not manging sales by any means.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ranajay

Hi,

I haven't reached to this point in my application. But my guess would be same as thecrab2000. Since, I'm working as a Project Manager, so I should be able to provide numbers for my account. Nonetheless, I think avomc or partha or someone from current batch of PGPEX may be able to provide a better response.

I'll surely post the response here, when I hear from PGPEX office.

-P-

Hi Guys,

I think these questions are for the guys who come from sales background. If your job profile is not related to all these then I think 'NA' should be the answer to these questions..

Aspire, please do tell me about that notarized transcripts response from IIMC.

My profle,

GMAT: 710
Qual: B.Tech + MS
Exp: 5 years ( all years in US)

Good Luck to you all...

My answers below:

: If u r Project manager / Head, if u will be responsible for some assets. If u r jst a member, there wldnt be much.

- Sales managed
If u r into sales if u will have this figure else NA

Once again straight forward.

Hi,

I haven't reached to this point in my application. But my guess would be same as thecrab2000. Since, I'm working as a Project Manager, so I should be able to provide numbers for my account. Nonetheless, I think avomc or partha or someone from current batch of PGPEX may be able to provide a better response.

I'll surely post the response here, when I hear from PGPEX office.

-P-

Thank u all for ur inputs. Those r really helpful.

Ranajay

Hi Avomc,
I was trying to type in the PDF form for the PGPEX but it seems that it is an image and it does not allow me to enter in the fields (i have acrobat writer )....

In one of your posts you mentioned that you typed the application...?

Please let me know how did you do it......?(may be I missed something obvious here)

Thanks
Alex