Pgdcm @ Iimc

hi can any1 tell me cutoff for PGDCA course. :idea: I am getting 50-52.What r my chances? :: : :: :

hi can any1 tell me cutoff for PGDCA course. :idea: I am getting 50-52.What r my chances? : :

what is PGDCA ??
you talking abt PGDCM ?

u have a good chance of getting a call for PGDCM

good luck
grabel

Does IIMC send out separate calls for PGDCM? Is it possible that one gets a call for PGDCM and not for PGDM?
Somebody plz throw light.
Grabel, why do U say with 50-52, one has a good chance in PGDCM?

It happens sometimes that a person may not get a call from PGDM but may get a call from PGDCM.bcos for PGDCM u have to appear fro another test ATM..which is of engg standard....

arunava Says
It happens sometimes that a person may not get a call from PGDM but may get a call from PGDCM.bcos for PGDCM u have to appear fro another test ATM..which is of engg standard....

Arunava, R U talkin about pre-interview calls? Coz ATM results wud come into picture only after the interviews. What I am asking is- Can one be called for interviews only for PGDCM and not for PGDM?

My friend and study partner last year M.V.Prasanna had a call from PGDCM only not PGDM. But the fact is he had a percentile of 99+ in quant and 99.2 overall and calls from A,B,L,I

Arun

guyzzzzz can ne one temme what perc do i get at 50 arnds score??

sorry for pgdca error.

One has to apply separately for pgdcm course with Rs 600 draft to iimc.Only those can give atm test.
million $$ question--what will be cutoff.PG come up fast.We may have to revise engg maths.

u get separate calls for pgdm and pgdcm some of my seniors got both calls

To the best of my knowledge, PGDCM over-all is shade lower than PGDM but might have a higher QA-cutoff. Yes it do send out seperate calls for both the courses.

has nebody have idea of cut-offs for pgdcm or not? IIMC sends call for pgdcm to those only who have applied for it with Rs 600 draft.

Who ever has applied for PGDCM will be called for the written test once the cat results are out...yes ...IIM C has different criteria for PGDCM ..i know last year...some students who got only one call from IIM C PGDCM but in the interview they will ask which course do u prefer (pgdm or pgdcm) ...so start preparing...thht courier guy might bring out the call letter

cheers

Hey ...

Does it mean that only peepz who've got 99+ percentile in quant can hope of getting a call from pgdcm ???

Not at all...99 % ile in quant may fetch you a call from IIMC pgdcm..but thats not the bench mark..last year people with 92-94 % ile in quant got calls....it depends...and all the more we donno wht happens inside the closed doors... :shock:
cheers

hey
pgians no one helping me out .come up soon
with cutoffs yaar.

dilemma Says
guyzzzzz can ne one temme what perc do i get at 50 arnds score??

dilemma bhai, nobody on this planet ( believe me nobody!!), other than IIMs can tell u the exact %ile for certain marks ... so i guess, 'wait n watch' is the best policy at the moment ... good luck 😉
hey
pgians no one helping me out .come up soon
with cutoffs yaar.

c'mon mannn, r u kiddin' .... just refer to the post above this one ... how come u expect someone to tell u the cutoff ... we can only guess 😉 ... so don't bother too much. if u r confident of having done good at quants, better start preparing for ATM ..

... good luck (IIM-B site says, results shud come 2day)

.. anyone having butterflies in the tummy

Hi,
Nice to hear some doubts about the PGDCM course. (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Management.) I am one of the DCM guys and Prasanna's classmate , to boot.

DCM and DM calls are given together. It will say so in the Results page(I had both calls). After that you will have to take the Aptitude Test in Mathematics just before/ after your interview.

People do get both DM and DCM final calls. There is no hard and fast criteria for DM and DCM. IT work exp might help in getting a DCM call and so does Comp Science background. Even that is not a true determining factor. Don't worry about the QA cut off, I don't think there is a higher cut-off at all. Some people are asked for their choice of DCM and DM, but even that is not a binding thing.

About the ATM test, it is simple engineering mathematics and is not a problem, even for commerce grads. (with a minimum of preparation). 😁

Plz post all your doubts on the main "Welcome to IIM Calcutta" thread. Makes it easier for me to find them and reply. Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Ajay