PGCIM (SPJIMR) + MBA International Management, ESB, Reutlingen University Queries

Dear Guys, The 2011-12 batch of PGCIM and MBA in International Management, welcomes all the prospective students to this thread. We are here to address admission queries of candidates for the batch of 2011-12 and questions to general informat…

Dear Guys,

The 2011-12 batch of PGCIM and MBA in International Management, welcomes all the prospective students to this thread. We are here to address admission queries of candidates for the batch of 2011-12 and questions to general information on the program.

The program in International Management is an outcome of long-standing partnership SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai and ESB Business School, Reutlingen University, Germany. You can find more information in the SPJIMR website.

Cheers!

Batch of 2011-12, PGCIM-MBA
SPJIMR, Mumbai and ESB Business School, Germany

Hi I would like to know when the admissions for 2012-2013 start.

Thanks a lot to seniors for starting this thread.
I want to know following points

1. How is this program beneficial to 2+ years exp candidates specially from operations/Design work background. (As per SPJIMR website)
2. Considering placement in INDIA, what is the chances. (As i dont want to work abraod)
3. ESB stands nowhere in top 200 B-schools of World, but SP jain does in top 100. So what is the point on colaboration with ESB.
4. As per ESB there is some process of Master Thesis. Would you please explain it about it.
4. Finally does this program offer a good ROI (Total cost of the program is 14.5 L)

Regards
ZEHEN

I have filled out the online application form!

Do I need to fill out http://www.spjimr.org/pgcim/application_form_2012.pdf as well?

please reply

i have avg..academics...shud i consider..applying this course?

seniors plz help?/

hi... I want to ask if freshers can apply for this course as it was mentioned that for IESEG,France students from 0-3 years work ex can apply. i am interested in this one too much. I have decent academics , good extra-curriculars and CAT score 96.14%ile.

Few Basic questions :

1) One is expected to invest 12-13 lakhs for 14 months and return is "may be" 10 lakh , so how is the investment worth ?
2) What if i don't want to work abroad ?? What about placement scenario in India ?
3) 10 Lakh p.a. is OK in India but definitely not in France/germany .
4) We are not getting work permit Visa only study Visa ?

Few Basic questions :

1) One is expected to invest 12-13 lakhs for 14 months and return is "may be" 10 lakh , so how is the investment worth ?
2) What if i don't want to work abroad ?? What about placement scenario in India ?
3) 10 Lakh p.a. is OK in India but definitely not in France/germany .
4) We are not getting work permit Visa only study Visa ?

These are the concerns which are bothering me too, we would spending more like 14 lakhs...

Plus, the economy is not doing so well...

I know for a fact that not all companies allow people to apply without work visa... so how would spjain help us with that...

basically esb teaches all the courses in german only the last 6 months is in english... does spjain really think we can be fluent in just 8 months?

we would only be getting a certificate from spjain... so indian companies really value it?

can seniors throw light on above........

Yes , i would also like to know Authenticity of certificate in India !!

Hi All,

Got a call on 13th . Intend to attend the same. But got some pressing questions -

1. On Completion, it is awarding MBA in International Management . Does this restrict my opportunities significantly if compared with other executive MBA s or out in job market they hold more or less same value ?

2. The reputation of partner university ESB Business School, Reutlingen University is not clear from initial online research. Does a degree from this institution carry weight in Global as well Indian Companies ?

3. The course will cost me near about 13lakh (in Tuition and Travel / Living). The placement news is dubious. Will it provide a good Return on Investment , an immediate high-salaried job?

I guess .. these questions are being repeated in this thread. Still hoping , if there are some scope for clarification .

Quick Links ( like placement report ) will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Priyanko

Hi All,

Got a call on 13th . Intend to attend the same. But got some pressing questions -

1. On Completion, it is awarding MBA in International Management . Does this restrict my opportunities significantly if compared with other executive MBA s or out in job market they hold more or less same value ?

2. The reputation of partner university ESB Business School, Reutlingen University is not clear from initial online research. Does a degree from this institution carry weight in Global as well Indian Companies ?

3. The course will cost me near about 13lakh (in Tuition and Travel / Living). The placement news is dubious. Will it provide a good Return on Investment , an immediate high-salaried job?

I guess .. these questions are being repeated in this thread. Still hoping , if there are some scope for clarification .

Quick Links ( like placement report ) will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Priyanko

Where do all seniors disappear when we ask very intelligent questions

Guys follow this thread for 2014-15 PGCIM admissions.