People joining TCS this year..

all those joining tcs this year and waiting for their joinin dates… also gunning for cat…

all those joining tcs this year and waiting for their joinin dates....
also gunning for cat...

hi i m joining tcs this year,still waiting for my joining date.
got call from various instis like xl,symbi,iit's but cudnt convert.
definately goin all out for cat 05.
all the best
Superguy

i was actually thinking abt starting a thread on the same topic...neways moi joining TCS this year...got placed on campus...still waiting for joining date letter....guys if ur on orkut...u can join the group for tcs recruits joining this year...
i think joining will be in last week july...or first week august...ne idea what r we supposed to study befdore joining...i heard they send a list of books along with the letter...and also abt the bond...how serious is it??

moi also gave Cat this year..got a call from iim-c...couldnt convert...so CAT 2005 here i come!!!

Naveen

i was actually thinking abt starting a thread on the same topic...neways moi joining TCS this year...got placed on campus...still waiting for joining date letter....guys if ur on orkut...u can join the group for tcs recruits joining this year...
i think joining will be in last week july...or first week august...ne idea what r we supposed to study befdore joining...i heard they send a list of books along with the letter...and also abt the bond...how serious is it??

moi also gave Cat this year..got a call from iim-c...couldnt convert...so CAT 2005 here i come!!!

Naveen

hi naveen
from wher u got this info bout joining dates?
i have heard that the training is total fun....neways juss hopin that i dont get chennai:huh:
it seems only 3 of us from pagalguy r joinin tcs...looking forward to c u all...
all the best
Superguy

Hi Guys...

I'm joining TCS this year too ...I guess the joining date will b around the 1st week of August too bcos that's how it was for my seniors last yr..

Is the training period really for a year?

n isnt the training exclusively at Trivandrum now?

C ya.

Luv,

Tinkerbell.

Hi Guys...
Is the training period really for a year?
n isnt the training exclusively at Trivandrum now?

hey tinkerbel!!!

the training period is around 71 days...2 and a half months...and i dont think the training is not only at trivandrum though that i believe it is the best training centre...

Naveen

This Is Karthikeyan.J from MIT , Chennai. Just like you all waiting to join TCS. Anybody has any clue regarding joining date. TCSers of Thiagarajar engg college, Madurai have had training in their campus for about 2 months. They were also given materials to learn before joining.

It would be better, if everybody here first introduce themselves.
Happy to meet u all.
JK

naveen_n Says
the training period is around 71 days...2 and a half months...and i dont think the training is not only at trivandrum though that i believe it is the best training centre...

71 days!??!! Its for some 45 odd days. And training takes place in Trivandrum, Coimbatore and Hyd. Guess they hv scraped out the Chennai center.
Regards,

I am not in TCS, but work in another company in Trivandrum, in case anyone comes down here, we can have a PG meet (infact , the previous PG meets have been with ppl from TCS like Akash and Anupam) ..
Krishna

well do u guys have any idea bout what we will do in training???
and do u get time to prepare for cat or is it all work..??
plus do u do only coding or are there other options....???

i heard its ctrl+c and ctrl+v job in TCS. but i have heard different stories too. i think it all depends on our project, PL and Project manager. If lucky we may have sufficient time to prepare for CAT. Regarding training i heard will be very similar to that of our college with class lectures, tests , b'day parties and even trips. Do u have idea abt when we may join.

Hey people .. i was just surfing n bumped into this very thread ..being a TCSer itself felt inquisitive about what's inside !!!

Just read the posts of few people expressing there concerns and doubt about Joining letter and Training.Having passed through the same phase last year only , i appreciate the moment wherein i have an oppetunity to be able to clear doubts of u all !!!

Regarding Joining Leter !!!!
Man , its TCS and the way ur dates of joining will fluctuate will break ur virginity of TCS experience.The dates will fluctuate , probably sometimes get pre-poned ,or post-poned but u cann do much about that.Only thing u can do is sit n wait n watch when they give u a call !!! Ya one thing that u can ensure is to atleast have a mail sent from ur respective PO that all ur formalities in college are complete n u r in situation of producing all the documents ....

Regarding Training...
First of all to clear the clamour about timing of training ..Guys training in Triv is for nearly 2 months , however u remain a ASE-Trainee for full year even after u complete training at Triv n join ur allocated branches and projects.
Comp Science guys can sit n relax..u guys will got to Triv n believe me that will the best part of ur life ...beyond what u can imagine ..think or fantasize !!! I having gone through same can easily say those 2 months outshine all my college level exp. !!!! Guys from other streams ...keep ur fingers crossed that u get Triv or else in other loca. u people will be screwed...i tell u screwed..i don want to intimidiate u but there is huge diff in way they handle people at Triv n other centers !!!!

Well as far as CAT prep ..someone was right ..it's all dynamic .. depends on ur project the deadlnes , ur PL team members and ur own priorities !!!! I don see much people preparing at Triv .. i myself went with same attitude to prepare for CAT but believe i didn even touched any stuff there that give an atleast illusion of CAT prep....However there was one guy with us who prepared n didn go with us on any weekend tours ,,no parties ..no late night talks ...no Truth n Dares ..No Dance Parties ...No hostel singing competitions ...................He got into IIM -B !!!
He must be happy n i m happy for him but at same time i m also happy for myself for having such a wonderful time over there n preparing rather this year 😃

Have fun guys ... any more queries u can ask me out at [email protected] but please sound sense !!

Have fun guys ... any more queries u can ask me

hi!
a few questions..

Guys from other streams ...keep ur fingers crossed that u get Triv or else in other loca. u people will be screwed...i tell u screwed..i don want to intimidiate u but there is huge diff in way they handle people at Triv n other centers !!!!

1. what dya mean by that...i am from electronics and communiction engg..so what does it mean for me???more work and strenuous training schedules...and are the rooms in all the training centres okay??

2.i am preparong for CAT this yearand there are no two ways abt it...how i find time there is my problem...but could u tell me abt the bond that we are expected to sign...is it easy to get out of like aftre a year...and also if i get through to the interview stage for any b-school then will i be given back my certificates for the interview??

Naveen
For enlightening us with the info. Please give us the details of the certificates that we have to produce at the time of joining for i am yet to start that work. Then as naveen already asked for.. How serious is the bond that we are gonna sign..

well got some news for u people,we have got our joining dates by email...16th june.....50% people selected from our college hav got hyderabad and other half hv got pune...in pune the address given is cmc computer education....i guess vinit is rite...only cs people will get triv...
i dont knw wher i have to join coz the email id which i provided last year in selection process has expired so vinit can u enlighten me on what to do....how to know my joining date as well as city..

Superguy Says
i guess vinit is rite...only cs people will get triv....

Nah! Even non-CS ppl hv their ILP in Trivandrum. I had it there. Nevermind.
hi!
a few questions..

1. what dya mean by that...i am from electronics and communiction engg..so what does it mean for me???more work and strenuous training schedules...and are the rooms in all the training centres okay??

2.i am preparong for CAT this yearand there are no two ways abt it...how i find time there is my problem...but could u tell me abt the bond that we are expected to sign...is it easy to get out of like aftre a year...and also if i get through to the interview stage for any b-school then will i be given back my certificates for the interview??

Naveen

Training schedules are almst same for CS/ Non CS.. even for non engg ppl like CAs/MBAs. And evryone can get Triv as the training centre,, there is no bias here.

Hostel rooms are very good,, If u r lucky enuf to get the rooms in the hostel.. But if u get the accomodation in one of the hotels in the city,, the rooms are at best OK.

Abt the bond.. Yes ,, u will have to shell out full 50k

@ Documents: U will get the originals back immidiatly, they only keep the photocopies and need originals for verification only.
Imp: Do take ur original Birth Certificate. Class X passing certificate will not be treated as the birth certificate.

Bottomline :
Jst relax..
do not wrry at all,,, u will have a great time in triv, exploring the beauty of god's own country !!

Cheers !
Anshul

Well. For us in Anna University call letter is yet to come. Anyway having happy time at home. Guys anybody know about Economic value addition(EVA) that they boasted off during PPT. Is it really implemented,if so what are its implications. Then about the webcast & chat discussions about corporate issues. Are they really happening effetively. It would be fine, if anybody give us an insight into ground reality.

I know that i have to discover these things gradually during work .But just out of curiosity...:)

hello guys

my first post on PG.
I am in the same boat as u all are. i.e placed in TCS and preparing for CAT 2005.
Am "free" as of now.....any idea about our joining dates?The delhi HR office says
July end but with TCS u never know......would like to know more about u guys.do write in.
adios