people joinin IIT Roorkee....

hey guys lets get to know as to who all r joining IIT roorkee or not …so that guys like me with number at 86 gen category…can atleast hope of gettin in…so plzzzzzz all in the list post u r messages and help u r fella aspirants…plzzz do thi…

hey guys lets get to know as to who all r joining IIT roorkee or not ...so that guys like me with number at 86 gen category...can atleast hope of gettin in....so plzzzzzz all in the list post u r messages and help u r fella aspirants..plzzz do this and reduce our anxiety.......hope to get u r replies.....bye atb

why dont you keep a poll here......we might get a better idea......

hey misha go ahead yaar keep a poll...i dunno how to do it...never did that....just help me ok .....byee

no 14 merit gen

not joining

amit26 Says
hey misha go ahead yaar keep a poll...i dunno how to do it...never did that....just help me ok .....byee

i think only a thread starter can keep a poll for the thread..........ask mods.....i have no idea..
arre yaaar koi tho post karo.....what happened to junta....come on yaar plzzzz post whether u selected guyss r joinin or not...lets help each other....guyss
amit26 Says
arre yaaar koi tho post karo.....what happened to junta....come on yaar plzzzz post whether u selected guyss r joinin or not...lets help each other....guyss

Hi , Amit,

Cat G, No. 22, JMET 205493
I am joining IIT R........Pls wait for other guys reply.....

ATB.....

Hi Misha...

The best way to find the number of students joining or not is to take their registration numbers from the PDF file and use them to know if they have qualified for the other IITs as well.. Take approx 75% of the remaining as the probable candidates opting for IIT Roorkee... as for me .. I wont join though I am also in the waiting list ... Coz at the end of the day I dont want to do an MBA from IIT Roorkee.. I believe I deserve Better and am willing to slog and prove it .. all the best for the rest. 😃

hi ,
my name is bharat from hyd. my merit list no:40.
i am jioning IITR.

hey bharat tanx for the post ...its gr8 that u r from hyd..... i too from hyd....n e wazz congrats on admn...see ya

A warm welcome to all those who r joining IITR. I am Vipin studying in MBA-1 here, u may post for any info/assistance u may require at any time. All the best !!

hey vipin can you give us some info about the placement figures........and what sort of companies come...........
and one more thing.......i m a bit ignorant about this ......btu can you also tell me the specializations IIT-R offers.......

hardworker Says
A warm welcome to all those who r joining IITR. I am Vipin studying in MBA-1 here, u may post for any info/assistance u may require at any time. All the best !!

Hi,

I m chintesh and have got a final call from IIT R. I would like to know placements scenario so far, particularly no. of students placed, avg salary and future prospects for the candidates joining this year. Also i would like to know when r the classes going to be started as i m working in manufacturing and has to give atleast 3 months notice......................

Dear Friends,
let me give you a very realistic picture about our Department. We are in a growing phase and things are improving very fast - the quality of students joining this MBA programme is increasing significantly over the years. Only constraints are that of inhouse faculty strength and lack of full support from the administration because of certain rules and regulations. As regards placements , avg salary would be in the range of 3.5-3.75 lacs/pa ( I do not know the actual figures). However summer palcements this year have been phenomenal and I am sure next year and years to follow ,the avg salary would increase significantly. As regards the environmental factors, Roorkee is a small town and not much of hustle bustle so be prepared for boring evenings, otherwise good academic environment and lots to do. Let me again tell u all that we are in the growth phase so do not have very high expactations from the programme. Be pragmatic, come here with a positive attitude and I am sure you can compete with any top notch MBA graduate.

hey vipin what about that inhouse faculty problem....plz give some more details.....

Well, we have a limited in house faculty and some faculty is roped in from Humanities Deptt for rest of the subjects , though faculty is invited from other institutes, some times their quality is real bad (though this occurs not very frequently). Also some Guest faculty from FMS are real good so it is a you win some-you lose some situation.

hardworker Says

hi frnd
i have qualified only in iit roorkee n i have no other option.i m a fresher without job so i think
i should join it.but i have not yet got any letter from iitr.n final date for sending money is 20th .what should i do.does studing in roorkee means taking reask?.i heard that this year ibm took onefrom roorkee is it true?

I also was in the similar situation as yours a year ago -the only difference being I have a work-ex of 8 years !! I chucked my job and joined IIT R and am confident that I will be better off . In the end its your decision, the level of risk you can take. In the end your attitude matters at job not the Institute you graduated from !!

Hi Misha...

The best way to find the number of students joining or not is to take their registration numbers from the PDF file and use them to know if they have qualified for the other IITs as well.. Take approx 75% of the remaining as the probable candidates opting for IIT Roorkee... as for me .. I wont join though I am also in the waiting list ... Coz at the end of the day I dont want to do an MBA from IIT Roorkee.. I believe I deserve Better and am willing to slog and prove it .. all the best for the rest. :)

MY ROORKEE RANK IS 113 AND I TRIED TO FIND OUT ABOUT OTHERS..
OUT OF TOP 113 PEOPLE 53 ARE SELECTED IN KANPUR OR MADRAS
SO THAT MAKES THE EFFECTIVE RANK AS 60!!!!
SEEING THE ABOVE TREND I THINK THE RANKS TO BE ADMITTED COULD GO 120 ODD.....:wink:

ALTHOUGH I HAVE TWO JOBS IN HAND..( I AM A FRESHER AND THE JOBS INCLUDE ONE OF INFOSYS TOO)... BUT I STILL THINK OF JOINING ROORKEE!!!!