Party time at IIM Bangalore

IIMB in WSJ’s top 100 B-schools list It’s time to pop the champagne at IIM, Bangalore. The institute made it to the Wall Street Journal’s list of the top 100 business-schools globally. It is the only Asian business school to figure in…

IIMB in WSJ's top 100 B-schools list

It's time to pop the champagne at IIM, Bangalore. The institute made it to the Wall Street Journal's list of the top 100 business-schools globally.

It is the only Asian business school to figure in the list.

This ranking was based on a survey of global recruiters by WSJ and online survey company, Harris Interactive. The ranking has been published as the WSJ Guide to B-Schools 2003.

IIMB whose strength is business strategy and finance has made waves at the time when Bangalore's IT boom has caught the attention of the world.

In the WSJ list, traditional heavyweights like Harvard (9th) and Yale (8th) have been out-ranked by the Tuck College of Business of the Dartmouth University which has emerged on top. Second is University of Michigan, third, Carnegie Mellon, fourth Kellogg School at North Western University and Wharton at University of Pennsylvania coming in fifth.

While the first 50 B-schools have been ranked, the next 50 (which includes IIMB) are categorised as the next-50 without being individually ranked. Interestingly enough, while INSEAD of France is ranked 37th (IIMB has an exchange programme with this institute), other institutes like Babson College (which is a partner in the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) with IIMB) and McGill University are ranked along with IIMB in the next-50 category.

This is the second year that WSJ has collaborated with Harris to come out with the list of B-schools. IIMB did not make it to last year's list. The current survey covered 2,221 recruiters head-hunting from 3,641 B-schools against 1,600 recruiters and 2,687 B-schools in the previous year.

While recruiters were asked to rank the B-schools under attributes like quality of past hires, course content and faculty, they were asked to rank the students under attributes like leadership potential, communication and inter-personal skills, teamwork and strategic thinking.

Commenting on the ranking, Prof Apte, IIMB's director said the ranking represented the employers' perception about the institute.
Party time at IIM Bangalore

Yes it was visible at Guru Gardens last sat :drinking:
Guru Gardens

open-air watering-hole for the B crowd opp. to iimb ..... any1 who agrees/disagrees with the above post catch me there this saturday

hey babu,

if you have any URL for this survey, i will be glad if you can share it with us.

Or at least you cn check for me if Oxford Brookes in UK have made it any palce (which i doubt)

santosh Says
if you have any URL for this survey, i will be glad if you can share it with us.

it sure came in the papers... Economic Times...
was some 7-10 days back...thot of postin it then itself...but we already having a nice time with the rankings out here...rt?

okay..here you go...

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/xml/uncomp/articleshow?msid=45803786