Hi all, This is my second post at PG and I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right forum. I apologize in advance if it’s in the wrong place Well, I’ve recently applied to UTS and am waiting for my offer letter. I’ve been assured that i…
This is my second post at PG and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum. I apologize in advance if it's in the wrong place :)
Well, I've recently applied to UTS and am waiting for my offer letter. I've been assured that it shouldn't be a problem to get in given my marks till date. I just need to clear the IELTS :)
Nonetheless, I've been wondering about what kind of part time jobs one can take up in Sydney. I've talked to a couple of people in Melbourne and Sydney who've been there since a year or two and was informed about the usual type of jobs taken up by students at bars, restaurants etc.
I was wondering if I can get a better or higher paying part time job (keeping in mind the 20 hr per week limit).
Here's a list of some of the things I know:
1. Black belt in Shito-ryu Karate.
2. B.A. in Indian Classical Music
3. B.A. in Tabla
4. I know some skating and have taught little children in the neighborhood
5. I LOVE playing the drums. I've played at the Campus Rock Idols as well.
6. I'm good at programming and web designing. I also hold a DOEACC A-Level certificate (provided by the Government of India)
Do you think the above can help me get a higher-paying part-time job? Looking forward to everybody's replies :)