pals plz suggest me what to do

Hi friends, Actually I am interested in doing MBA. So, I thought this would be a better place to seek suggestions. Hope i will find people who can guide me for getting my goal done. I know that the kind of MBA which an aspirant takes is …

Hi friends,

Actually I am interested in doing MBA. So, I thought this would be a better place to seek suggestions. Hope i will find people who can guide me for getting my goal done.

I know that the kind of MBA which an aspirant takes is driven by many factors like his interests, his aim, his educational details, his financial background, his determination, his attitude, his exposure to different cultures and professions, his experience, communication skills and ..the list goes on.

So, I think you obviously you need all the above details for suggesting me, what to do next. I am giving all the details which i feel would be sufficient. Its really huge. I do accept. Kindly reply in your leisure. I am aiming at 2008 or 2009 class.

Regards,
KrisPri

thanks for the replys

You need to be a bit worldy wise Krishna.
I suggest you wait a couple of years... travel... live in a city.. gain some more maturity and then think about an MBA.

thanks a lot for the reply......... but can u tell me what do mean exactly..... what does being worldy mean........ i am staying in a city!!!!!!!!!

You need to be a bit worldy wise Krishna.
I suggest you wait a couple of years... travel... live in a city.. gain some more maturity and then think about an MBA.

Susie is right!! Since you have hust finished grad,s it too early for you to think of an mba. And in case you are thinking of admisuions through GMAT, i guess most of the b-school willturn it down. So as susie advised, wait for a couple of yrm, work so that you get to know how corporate world works, and also get some exposure.!! :)

All the best!!
Susie is right!! Since you have hust finished grad,s it too early for you to think of an mba.

So as susie advised, wait for a couple of yrm, work so that you get to know how corporate world works, and also get some exposure.!! :)

All the best
!!

Hi Praveen,

Thanks. Due to some time constraints i should be a part of 2009 class. So i am planning to applt vth such low work ex profile.

nairpraveenk Says
And in case you are thinking of admisuions through GMAT, i guess most of the b-school willturn it down. !!

I dont think all universities will trun down my applicaiton so kindly suggest me some versities which would consider my application.
Hi Praveen,

Thanks. Due to some time constraints i should be a part of 2009 class. So i am planning to applt vth such low work ex profile.

So you can very well appear for mba enterance exam during the yr 2008. ::)

I dont think all universities will trun down my applicaiton so kindly suggest me some versities which would consider my application.

I dont know dude.... If I had know I would have posted the above comment 😞 .

PS: Let me know if you come accross any b-school which will accept freshed (through GMAT score).

PS: Let me know if you come accross any b-school which will accept freshed (through GMAT score).

one of my friends is going to the US for MBA vth just one year ex and gmat score of 540. I know vth that kind of profile she can hardly make it in to decent school. Even she doesn't like going to such kind of college but due to some problems she is forced to take it.

I think going like this is not suggestable.
one of my friends is going to the US for MBA vth just one year ex and gmat score of 540. I know vth that kind of profile she can hardly make it in to decent school. Even she doesn't like going to such kind of college but due to some problems she is forced to take it.

I think going like this is not suggestable.

Well that's true. wont comment anythign on that. But tell you what, I dont think you wil be studying anything after an MBa. Atleast not me. Well they why dont yuo try to make it to some descent school (if not the best b-school). See you have 2 yr to preapre. Prepare well and give GMAT in 2008. 😃 Get admission to a good b-school by 2009!! :)

Dont go and do mba in some b-school, because you have to de an MBA. Analyse. Check this PG forum, you will get a lot of details of many b-school. Otherwise lot's of guru are here whom you can ask for advice :D.

All the best dude!!

@Priyanth ....Think a bit more on why and what Susie wrote earlier. Most of the questions that you raised towards the end of your prose are something that should seem clear to a third person from your profile...on how an MBA might help you, or how u might add diversity to a classroom, so on and so forth....MBA admits, particularly from international schools, have little to do with objective tests like the GMAT (yes, a great score wouldn't hurt). But frankly, if you are to be thought of as valuable to the class, then unless you have had a highly intensive work experience where you learnt a stupendous amount in a highly compressed timeframe, you are just another applicant (for the 1-2yrs work-ex that u possess) . And since you said IT, bottomline, forget it Work some more time, try to assimilate more....And then when you feel you are ready for an MBA, start apping/looking around...

Cheers

ps: A list of entrepreneurship programs without Babson-Olin ?

ps: A list of entrepreneurship programs without Babson-Olin ?

I still have my doubts about Babson-Olin.

What about the Acton MBA?

p.s. Am trying to think if this thread is really required or can I just open another thread and direct anyone seeking advice to that thread?

Comments/Views/Opinions solicited

dude you got to go easy on the words man.... it seems that you have done some research on the schools but somehow you could not get the feel of the colleges....

you need to read up buddy then pg can help you .......

PY

.... As basically I am from a business family, I always liked to be a business person. So since my childhood I thought MBA is an ideal degree for my life. I want to become an entrepreneur....

...joined for Diploma in Entrepreneurship (distance mode) ... I couldnt make it.... So I am planning complete this by next July.... Now I joined for M.A. Psychology (Distance mode)......So finally I decided to go for job....
They suggested me to take GMAT......... Then quit my job and go back to our business and start applying to universities..... So by then my application would reach the B-schools with a work-x of 2 years.....
Reason for opting GMAT:

3)I need to take a break of at least 3 years from our business
Can you please suggest me some of the schools in which I can expect to see myself with this kind of resume?

You want to be an entrepreneur, yet want to give the GMAT to take a 3 year break from your business??!!

I strongly suggest you forget about an MBA, because it's simply too early for you. Go back to work OR back to your family business.... You'll never get a better chance at being an entrepreneur. Gain some experience then look for an MBA and beyond. 2.5 years is NOT enough. It's NOT worth going to an inferior/less decent school, however able you are to pay what the school asks.

Good luck

thanks baccardisprite,

My Dear brothers and sisters 😃 i hope u help me out

My academics

10 th - 86%

12 th - 82%

B.tech(3-1) -70 %(pursuing)

can i crack CAT as fresher........................