PaGaLGuY Theatre Lovers Group

Hello People, Yes I know there is already a Theatre Lovers Thread but it is inactive, so closing it and opening this new one. So what is the purpose of this thread? Yesterday I went to see “Dreamsellers” in Rangsharda Auditorium and eve…

Thanks for the thread!!

The play bug caught me at Bangalore. One of my Best friend is an actor, hence uske plays toh dekhne jana hi tha...

The lat one that I saw was Silence the court in in session, its a play by Vijay Tendulkar.
Highly recommended. Please watch it if you get a chance.

Another one was Bikhre Bomb...Awesome performance by Arundhati Nag. it is directed by Girish Karnad

I usually book tickets for Bangalore shows at Rang Shankara here

Shall keep coming to the thread!!

Cheers
Pallavi

Thanx a million to re-start this group!!! :D

If you guys are in Mumbai by any chance please do not miss this play..

wish they could perform in Kolkata :(

The Skeleton Woman - Anurag Kashyap
Dates: 2nd and 3rd june (not so late I guess!!)
Time : 6pm and 9pm
Venue : Prithvi theatre.

Directed by Nayantara Kotian
Written and performed by:
Kalki Koechlin and Prashant Prakash

and a group of students are performing at Gyan Manch, Kolkata
play's name- Exit
Dates- June 2nd and 3rd
Time- am not too sure!! sorry!
language- English, Hindi and Bengali
quite abstract in nature, hope you enjoy the style

Hey People,

A new play at bangalore

The Blue Mug
26-28 June 7.30 PM @ Rangashankara
Cast:
Konkana Sen Sharma
Rajat kapoor
Vinay Pathak
Ranvir Shorey

Dont Miss it :D

Cheers
Pallavi

Although haven't been able to be at a theatre performance oneself..still have an aura surrounding the theatre performances....luks like a real good idea to start on with this thread..will love to know more about theatre activities...and yeah PG meets @theatres sounds cool to me..!:D

@pallavi-you have a friend who is an actor..:wow:do i get those free tickets?;)

-Spirit!!

Although haven't been able to be at a theatre performance oneself..still have an aura surrounding the theatre performances....luks like a real good idea to start on with this thread..will love to know more about theatre activities...and yeah PG meets @theatres sounds cool to me..!:D

@pallavi-you have a friend who is an actor..:wow:do i get those free tickets?;)

-Spirit!!

Main kalakaar ka mazaak nahi udati...
I help him sell the tickets as well
and I buy then for me too :biggrin:

@rohit- C for clown sounds like a damn neat play.....when will i get to see it...

Cheers
Pallavi

P.S- bikhre bimb is a must watch too

Nice to see such a thread.

Ive always wanted to go for a play but could never get this thing to get up and actually go !!

What I wanted to know is how do you go for a play ? I mean buy the tickets and just go or one should be knowing someone there or something of that sorts ? I mean especially to place like the India Habitat Centre ??

@gnrs ... That pg - play meet thing is nice!!

Also are plays generally at night ?

And yaa , what happens at theatre workshops ?

Thanks 😃

Hey,

@ Rohit it sounds damn interesting...... I wish to I get to see it as well..!!

Tonight is the play night!!
I am going to see:
Bechara Maara Gaya
7.30 PM
Rang Shankara

More tomorrow :biggrin:

Cheers
Pallavi

Bangalore People....

New Play round the corner

Version One Dot Oh! (VODO) premieres its latest production -Six Degrees of Separation. The shows are being staged on 24th and 25th July at Alliance Francaise de Bangalore and 28th, 29th and 30th July at Rangashankara. Further Details are attached in the flier below.
Brief about the play:
In a typical upper middle class household on the East Side of Manhattan, the Kittredges are busy entertaining an old friend of theirs ('"A friend of South Africa!") who they hope will lend them the funds for a major art deal. In bursts Paul, a young black man, disrupting their evening and, without reaching for effect, life for the Kittrigdes does not remain the same.

John Guare wrote this award-winning play based on a real event that happened in the late 90s. With creative liberties and crafty use of stage space, Guare gives us a wonderfully imaginative, yet credible story of New Yorkers struggling to stay up the social ladder and yet yearning for that genuine human connection.

--
Having seen one of the Plays of the group I highly recommend it

hope it's nt off topic, as all my previous posts r ruled out 2 b :splat:

any idea abt late. p. joshi's teen bandar hotel k andar?
any vidz/venues/reviews?

Seen that movie based on the play,loved it. Hope to see its theatre version sometime.

Show time

Hamlet - The Clown Prince By Rajat Kapoor
A bunch of clowns are putting up a show of Hamlet- they sometimes misinterpret the text, sometimes find new meanings in it, sometimes try and understand it, very often make a mess of it. They chose to use some phrases from the play and mixed it with gibberish. They even edited the text, threw out some important scenes, and made a mess of the order of things as if the pages got mixed up. But through all this, they were simply looking for the essence of Hamlet, and trying to find a context in our own.
Director : Rajat Kapoor
Actor :Atul Kumar
Tickets: Rs.200
August 6th, 7th & 8th 2009

I am booked for Saturday 3.30 show

Bali and Shambhu
(Drama - Hindi)

Prithvi Theatre, Juhu, Bombay

Artist:
Manav Kaul, Sudhir Pandey, Kumud Mishra, Gopal Tiwari, Lalit Sathe, Choiti Ghosh, Sadiya Siddiqui

Summary:
Bali aur Shambhu is an expression of two characters and their unique spirit towards life. Bali believes in taking life as it comes where as Shambhu lives in the glories of his past. With their respective ideologies and after a series of intricate collisions, eventually the two become one.

Going to this tonight.

What A play....

Must watch!
Hamlet- The Clown Prince....

Very funny....
Very interesting....
Total gibberish....
Excellent performances..