PaGaLGuY GMAT Community : Initiatives, Activities and Networking

Hi Guys, Starting this thread to kick start the mutual help in the GMAT community… Currently I am looking for meeting all the puys riding in the same boat of Apps…but later on its gonna extend to gmat help as many of us understand the p…

Hi Guys,
Starting this thread to kick start the mutual help in the GMAT community...

Currently I am looking for meeting all the puys riding in the same boat of Apps...but later on its gonna extend to gmat help as many of us understand the process in out and can extend to all ur suggestions and what not..

so coming to the point...who all are planning to visit
THE MBA Tour
Sep 19-20, 09Bangalore
Sep 22, 09Delhi
Sep 26, 09Mumbai
Participating Business Schools
Cheung Kong GSB, Cornell Johnson School, CUHK MBA Programmes, ESADE Business School, Georgetown University, Great Lakes, HEC MBA Program, Paris, Indiana University, International IE MBA, McGill, NYU, Queen's MBA, Rice MBA, Sauder, UBC, The Duke MBA
UCLA, Univ of Maryland, University of Dallas, University of Denver, Wash U St. Louis, William and Mary, WPI, York U - Schulich

I myself will be attending the delhi event...and would like to meet as many puys as possible.:

I would encourage bangalore and mumbai guys to take initiative in ur respective cities...:cheerio:

I feel this activity needs to be exercised because it will benefit all of us, who are hoping to make a mark in the MBA world.

Together we can and we will rock the world !

Event 1:
Title: Stanford MBA Program Information Session in Bangalore

Date: 09/17/2009 (mm/dd/yyyy)

Time: 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM

Location: AOL Online India Private Ltd, RMZ EcoSpace Campus 1A, Outer Ring Road (Opp. Pratham Motors) Bellandur, Bangalore - 560037

Event 2:

QS World MBA Tour in Bangalore on december 5 2009

yes Stanford also has a session at American Center, KG Marg Delhi on Sept 14....
i am going for it...if any of you can make it...do let us know...all of us can meet

check this link...http://www.usief.org.in/Scripts/StudyinUSASchedulesandResourcesDelhiCenter.aspx

From the top of my mind, I recollect that Kellogg has a information session this Thursday, 10th in Mumbai. Also, Wharton has it's info session on Monday, 14th in Mumbai. Obviously the web-sites would give a detailed time-table on sessions in other cities.

PS: I missed out on the session on Booth, Chicago. Anyone has information on any forthcoming events where I would catch-up?

wharton's tomorrow and columbia is today... huh too hectic...
is anyone coming....wud be gr8 to meet any puys there

as of now...for wharton meet
sjed and connectansh are in

pour in urself guys...
if ur worried about registration closed for the event...i guess just drop by....they didnt have any problem last year

details:
Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Teen Murti House New Delhi 110 011
10th Sept 2009 at 07:00 PM

Nice Thread,

I will be attending "The MBA tour" in Mumbai on 26th Sep...

I am from Pune, If anybody interested in "The MBA tour" in Mumbai, kindly get in touch with me

Cheers,
Akshay

From the top of my mind, I recollect that Kellogg has a information session this Thursday, 10th in Mumbai. Also, Wharton has it's info session on Monday, 14th in Mumbai. Obviously the web-sites would give a detailed time-table on sessions in other cities.

PS: I missed out on the session on Booth, Chicago. Anyone has information on any forthcoming events where I would catch-up?

I'll be at the Wharton event as well. If you guys are around, drop in to say a hi 😃

hi allwin...woudnt you be @ Delhi event

i wud have luved to chat with u....:) and so will everyone...
thats d bad part of being in delhi , isnt it?

Hi all,

Need your help guys,

I would be attending the MBA tour in Mumbai."Kelley school" would be coming in Mumbai, which is 1 of the top B-schools in my list of colleges. So I wanted to use this opportunity to the fullest to interact and impress Kelley schools representatives.

I had heard that B-schools interact/interview some students before application is completed. Can we request colleges to have such interactions or its up to colleges wish to interact/ interview students. I wanted to interact with schools representatives in personal so that i can get a change to impress them.

Any other suggestions on how to impress or at least interact in person with B-schools representatives before I submit my application would be most welcome

Cheers,
Akshay

Wharton info session experience.....

well, from wharton 2 of the adcom ppl were there...

J.J. Cutler - Director, Admissions
Marcy R Bevan - Lauder Institute

and 2 alumni's
Amit Kapoor '05 - Engineer by profession Prior to MBA, worked in Intel, then moved to marketing profile. Now in Family Business.

Other's Name I dont remember '07, but he was from real estate, worked in DLF lastly and recently joined bharti for some real estate only...

They as usual spoke in details about their MBA , Lauder+MBA and JD-MBA program...and MBA's online Application.

They also shared 3-4 student/alumni profiles too...

Alumni talked about their experiences about wharton, there jobs prior to MBA and after that...the following session was one on one q&a; session...which turns into a mere individual profile evaluation, so lost interest and returned

hey Puys,

did anyone of you attended the chicago booth session either in bangalore, delhi or mum in august... please let me know any details you might have about any one of these.

T