[PaGaLGuY Exclusive] SIBM goes to Bangalore. Hyderabad & overseas campuses are next

Starting 2008, the Symbiosis family is setting up an SIBM campus in Bangalore, while Hyderabad is next. The Symbiosis International University is also in talks at Singapore, Mauritius and Bhutan for setting up management school campuses in those cā€¦

Starting 2008, the Symbiosis family is setting up an SIBM campus in Bangalore, while Hyderabad is next. The Symbiosis International University is also in talks at Singapore, Mauritius and Bhutan for setting up management school campuses in those countries, report sources.

To be called Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bangalore, the new institute will see an intake of 120 students in a two-year MBA equivalent program.

"The new campus is ready and the intake would bethrough the SNAP 2007 exam," SIBM Pune's Prof Pranab Deb informed PaGaLGuY.com. "The courses would be the same as they are in SIBM Pune, though a new faculty would be recruted for the Bangalore campus. The degrees would be given by Symbiosis International University (SIU)," he added.

Sources in Symbiosis informed that SIU was looking to start an SIBM in Hyderabad by 2010. Besides, the University is also making efforts to start international campuses at Singapore, Mauritius and Bhutan, though in the distant future.

The University is in talks with a well-known b-school in Mauritius, while in Bhutan it is collaborating directly with the Royal Government of Bhutan, informed a source.

Starting 2008, the Symbiosis family is setting up an SIBM campus in Bangalore, while Hyderabad is next. The Symbiosis International University is also in talks at Singapore, Mauritius and Bhutan for setting up management school campuses in those countries, report sources.

To be called Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bangalore, the new institute will see an intake of 120 students in a two-year MBA equivalent program.

"The new campus is ready and the intake would bethrough the SNAP 2007 exam," SIBM Pune's Prof Pranab Deb informed PaGaLGuY.com. "The courses would be the same as they are in SIBM Pune, though a new faculty would be recruted for the Bangalore campus. The degrees would be given by Symbiosis International University (SIU)," he added.

Sources in Symbiosis informed that SIU was looking to start an SIBM in Hyderabad by 2010. Besides, the University is also making efforts to start international campuses at Singapore, Mauritius and Bhutan.

The University is in talks with a well-known b-school in Mauritius, while in Bhutan it is collaborating directly with the Royal Government of Bhutan, informed a source.

Interact directly and ask admission related questions to the admission committees of SIBM Pune and SCMHRD Pune.

Oh,
thats a great news for all the folks out here...

SIBM bangalore
and then in spore, mauritius, bhutan.......sounds good...

More options for fellow aspirants....

I guess the mba fraternity will be glad by this news

GREAT MOVE!!
Intake shud have been more than 120!!!

what abt the course details are they going to be exactly same as they are in Pune . . .

GREAT MOVE!!
Intake shud have been more than 120!!!

It would be extremely difficult for ANY insti to provide 100% (quality) placement in the very first year. But ya .... it wud hav been gr8 ;)

I just hope we r not made to fill a separate form for the b'lore campus ... it wud be a tricky situation .... spending moolah in uncharted territory šŸ˜‰
yuck_fou Says
I just hope we r not made to fill a separate form for the b'lore campus ... it wud be a tricky situation .... spending moolah in uncharted territory ;)

Nopes... the same form as of now... your preference to Pune/Bangalore will come later perhaps... the process is still being put in place...

Regards,
Grondmaster

hi
wat r d expected cut offs for sibm bangalore. .???
i hope not same as 4 sibm pune..

hi
wat r d expected cut offs for sibm bangalore. .???
i hope not same as 4 sibm pune..

Hi...

I've answered your post here...
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/24991-sibm-admissions-2008-queries-suggestions.html#post913835
where you've asked the same question. Don't ask the same queries in multiple threads... we'll answer them at only one of them.

Regards,
Grondmaster
Hi Puys!!!
I filled up the SIBM form and sent it yesterday...
but just nw i realised after looking at this thread that i missed a very important item - THE SNAP REGISTRATION FORM or THE HALL TICKET ....I have only sent the SIBM form along with my college preference...
Someone please help me out ...plzz recommend wht to do nw?? Shall I send the SNAP HALL TICKET separately quoting my SNAP ID and SIBM APPLICATION FORM no.??

Thanks in advance!!!

Prabhu Raj??:
Hi Puys!!!
I filled up the SIBM form and sent it yesterday...
but just nw i realised after looking at this thread that i missed a very important item - THE SNAP REGISTRATION FORM or THE HALL TICKET ....I have only sent the SIBM form along with my college preference...
Someone please help me out ...plzz recommend wht to do nw?? Shall I send the SNAP HALL TICKET separately quoting my SNAP ID and SIBM APPLICATION FORM no.??

Thanks in advance!!!

Prabhu Raj??:

Don't worry. Your form will be accepted. Also, in case anything is required, we'll ask for that during the GD/PI process.

Regards,
Grondmaster
Don't worry. Your form will be accepted. Also, in case anything is required, we'll ask for that during the GD/PI process.

Regards,
Grondmaster

can you let us know the faculty and infrastructure of the campus @bangalore... i know that its in Electronic city which is kind of IT hub....but some more info is required..the SIBM website and propectus is completely mum on this issue...not even any real pics of the campus are provided... šŸ˜
sony007

The Bangalore campus is at Electronic City, on Hosur Road, behind the Wipro Health Sciences places... It is a fully equipped campus, and is a residential one. Presently, we are holding some MDPs there for corporates. As far as pictures are concerned, I'll see if some can be put up on the website soon...

The prospectus was designed and developed before the decision to start the Bangalore course was taken, hence no matter about Bangalore could be put in it.

Regards,
Grondmaster

My probable score in SNAP 2009 is:
GE=9.75
QA=11.25
GK=8.50
LR=20.50
Total=49.
Educational Background:
10th=73%
12th=75.0%
B.Tech(CS)=67%
Fresher 2008

With dis score n profile, Can i expected a call from SIBM-Banglore???

Plz reply seniors asap...i hav't fill form.......
Thanks

Plz reply seniors asap...i hav't fill form.......
Thanks

Hi vivek....

i am a first year MBA student at SIBM B ..Last year the cutoffs for SIBM B was 85 for Open ... This year the cutoffs as predicted by various coaching Institute for SIBM B lies between 75 and 80.
I think there are not much chances for a call from SIBM B at a score of 49....
Better luck for NMIMS,XAT and FMS...........!!!
My probable score in SNAP 2009 is:
GE=9.75
QA=11.25
GK=8.50
LR=20.50
Total=49.50
Educational Background:
10th=73%
12th=75.0%
B.Tech(CS)=67%
Fresher 2008
(SC Category)
With dis score n profile, Can i expected a call from SIBM-Banglore???

Wait for more responses. Someone seems to have missed your "SC Category", you can speed post your form in a few days, no rush. Cutoffs for reserved categories would not be 75-80.
Scorpio_19 Says
Wait for more responses. Someone seems to have missed your "SC Category", you can speed post your form in a few days, no rush. Cutoffs for reserved categories would not be 75-80.

@Scorpio_19
Thx for pointing out the error from my side....

@Vivek
Considering the SC category, last year cut off was 54.....
This year the cutoff is expected to be lower than 50 for SC and ur sectional cutoffs seems to be on higher side....
So go ahead and apply for SIBM B .... U have high chances for getting a call from SIBM B.......!!!

hi friends i want to know about the srcc,du cut off marks and hw will the paper patern.can any one tell me

Hi,

My SNAP score is

English:30
QA: 33
GK: 9.5
ALR-10.5

10th: 80%
12th : 71.4%
Grad: (BE) 71.41%
Work ex of 2 plus years in IT.
Can I expect a call from SIBM, if I apply. Please reply at the earliest. What's bothering me is that I don't have a balanced score. Will that matter ?
Also, Is SIBM Bangalore as good as SIBM, Pune ?

Please Help