PaGaLGuY.com presents :A Quant Question A Day ,Keeps CAT blues away!!!

Puys…Puys… Well…almost 9 months to go for CAT…a lot can happen in 9 months :: …that means around 250 days.Already many of us have started preparing for CAT2006…So we just had this crazy idea of how can we help PGites in prep for CAT…

Any guesses yet who is this Quantasaurus? :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Rohit

I know, I know ..its Aaaa...*forgot*

Great Initiative, Kudos to PG, the person who coded this 😉 and to the Quant God

All the bestos GAURav....AOPS rocks!

Well nice to c the quant god finally getting official recognition

Congrats Aa***
Puys..Puys..

Any guesses yet who is this Quantasaurus? :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Enjoy....

Rohit

is it the same who was requested(and not lured, threatened, blackmailed 😃 ) by IMS pune to prepare all quant questions for its BRM's , FCTs, MCTs, ....all CT's ....

The great quant god Aarav...

quality of questions is assured i guess... 😃
Puys..Puys..

Well...almost 9 months to go for CAT...a lot can happen in 9 months...that means around 250 days.Already many of us have started preparing for CAT2006...So we just had this crazy idea of how can we help PGites in prep for CAT and other exams.

only those who appearing for CAT 2006 eligible kya??

Good initiative puys!

And all the best to the annonymous (as if no one know :wink: ) Quantasaurus! Waiting to see u unleash GyaN from 20th!

Had heard this sometime back from the man himself 😃

Guys and Gals be rest assured he will ensure some Mind Blowing Stuff for you.

Great to see him as the Quantosaurus :)

Another feather in the cap :thumbsup: Kudos

Gr8 work dude.............Masto kaam kara bhailog. 😃

its a nice step sir hope we will get some brain tricklers the type which help us

Without sounding modest, I confess that there are better people than me on this forum when it comes to quant problem solving, but I don't mind being given the title of Quantasaurus :-)

I'm going to write more here tomorrow explaining the purpose for this initiation, and how we intend to go about this. By November end we will have atleast 250 quant problems, and I can assure that CAT quant wouldn't be a trouble at all once you assimilate the funda behind each and every problem.

Thanks everyone here for your wishes :-)

Subscribe now.

this is easily the best idea that has come up on this site! Will be subscribing soon. Way to go guys! And I don't think there are too many better people than Aarav to head this 😃

Without sounding modest, I confess that there are better people than me on this forum when it comes to quant problem solving, but I don't mind being given the title of Quantasaurus :-)

I'm going to write more here tomorrow explaining the purpose for this initiation, and how we intend to go about this. By November end we will have atleast 250 quant problems, and I can assure that CAT quant wouldn't be a trouble at all once you assimilate the funda behind each and every problem.

Thanks everyone here for your wishes :-)

Subscribe now.

Goodman di laltain bhaji chukk do fatte. Best of luck for the new role. And thats some title
Quantasaurus.
Puys..Puys..

Well...almost 9 months to go for CAT...a lot can happen in 9 months...that means around 250 days.Already many of us have started preparing for CAT2006...So we just had this crazy idea of how can we help PGites in prep for CAT and other exams.

Rohit

Gr8 idea Rohit, i must say, it would be the start of another successful mission of PG....

Kudos!!

hey , to make this newsletter most competitive , put up points for correct answer to the question every day.First correct answer ka post gets some points - 2nd , 3rd get points but lesser n so on , just to put some healthy competiion , else lazy ppl like me might just hv a look at the question and leave it.: .Anyway , i shall participate in this discussion.Waiting for 20th feb !! .

Also thnx to quantasaurus for the initiative.

great initiative.. kudos AARAV and others for taking initiative. moi visiting PG after a long gap.. and such a pleasant gift.. from PG biradari !!

i subscribed to this..PG's intitiatives are commendable man. I do quite like it. They say - "Nobody gives you a free lunch", PG not just gives you a free lunch but stuffs with you with it............. way to go......

As I had said the idea is to present you people with a set of 250 odd questions before actual CAT in November. With so much resources available to you in terms of material from coaching classes and books, how "A question a day" can help you?

A week before CAT 2005 I'd posted a link in one of the threads here from mathforum.com and asked people to go though it for practice. I think hardly anyone looked at that link.
Two 2 markers in quant appeared in CAT 2005 from the very first few pages of that link.
Take any previous year CAT paper, and a little search would reveal the sources from where CAT quant paper is set. CAT03 that got cancelled had questions from a JEE prepration book.
Just few days back we were going through the PGDCM papers of yester-years from IIM C. Many problems in those papers appeared in CAT exams later.
Believe me, designing new questions is not that easy a task and IIM profs themselves take the help of available sources for paper setting.
What exactly does all this mean? No, "A Quant question a day" will not be a copy of questions from sources and presented to you verbatim. The questions have been carefully designed to make you strong with fundamentals and concepts.
We will cover most of the topics in those 250 questions so that you are well equiped to take on atleast 70-80% of CAT quant paper. Big words, but we intend to achieve that.

The level of questions presented here will be 30-40% tougher than CAT questions.
Familiarity breeds contempt. There will always be some questions which you wouldn't be able to solve and there will always be some for which you will say "Aaah....that was so easy". We are not solving olympiad questions here. Instead, the aim is to crack a CAT section with the help of skills+management.

We are still in the process of finalising as how best we can deliver this task.
Suggestions, criticism will always always be welcome :-)

A thread will be opened from Monday where you can discuss the problem of the day.

Best of luck to you all, and we also need the wishes from you 😃

Heh.
I have been (un)lucky enough to catch the Quant God at the unearthly hours of 1 am and so, when he seems to be at the peppiest.
The refrain is
"Shrutz, ek question aur tu kar!"
I am so glad I might not have to give CAT '06 :D
All the best Aa***

As I had said the idea is to present you people with a set of 250 odd questions before actual CAT in November. With so much resources available to you in terms of material from coaching classes and books, how "A question a day" can help you?
Best of luck to you all, and we also need the wishes from you :-)

Quantasur bhai .. .. kabhi kabhi higher level maths bhi de dena..
With CAT going the engineers way.. I see a possibility of limits, differentiation, integration, complex nos in the future quant sections.

-Vengeance