PaGaLGuY.com - IBA Scholarships! Totalling Rs.150,000. Are you a Maverick Manager?

Continuing our tradition of delivering immense value to Business School aspirants PaGaLGuY.com has decided to institute the “Maverick Manager” scholarship. This scholarship seeks to honour exceptionally talented and committed individuals in the ar…

Continuing our tradition of delivering immense value to Business School aspirants PaGaLGuY.com has decided to institute the "Maverick Manager" scholarship. This scholarship seeks to honour exceptionally talented and committed individuals in the areas of :

i> Entrepreneurship
ii> Innovative Marketing and
iii> General Management

The idea is to identify and nurture world class talent amongst the scholarship applicants and to further the cause of developing the best talent in the above mentioned fields.

The Indian Business Academy , Bangalore has given us the opportunity to evaluate their students of 2006-08 batch for the above scholarships.

The scholarship amount will be a total of Rs. 150,000 , which will be
shared equally between the three scholarship winners. In case we do not find suitable candidates in any category/categories, the award will be given to the runner-up in the winning category which has the maximum number of applications.

How do you apply for the scholarship:

Process : After students have secured admissions to the Indian Business Academy, during the start of the academic session - a panel from PaGaLGuY.com will interview and analyze the students for scholarship awards. The process will be different for each category and will be carefully designed by the panel to bring out the desired traits and to identify world class talent. The interview and tests will happen at the Indian Business Academy Campus in Bangalore.

The Scholarship: The winner of the scholarship will receive a fee reduction to the tune of the value of the scholarship won. i.e If you win a scholarship worth Rs.50,000 , your fees at IBA will be reduced by that amount.

The disclaimer: PaGaLGuY.com's role is limited to selecting the applicants for the scholarship once they are admitted to IBA. Our participation should not in any way be mistaken as a recommendation or support for the institute or its programmes. We advise prospective applicants to independently research the school or its programmes before applying.

Wishing the applicants the very best!

Sincerely,

Allwin Agnel

Whooa! Thats taking www.PaGaLGuY.com to new heights! :smile: Never heard such a thing before. But, aint we the leaders! And who else but this forum for such tie-ups, and a Mecca for MBA aspirants in the truest sense! :thumbsup:

Awesome Intiative from PaGalGuy.com....keep the flag flying high Allwin....

Cheers
Shankar

Well I have following points (I know such kind of points were raised in past by PGites and were answered by PG about Great Lakes Institute of Management using PG as a platform to market their school. But still ....)

1. First of all .... it's a nice initiative on PG's part.
2. B-schools have now started recognising PG's influence in B-education market in India. Which is also something to be proud of.
3. So all kinds & levels of institutes can & will approach PG to jointly do something with the ultimate aim of attracting brighter students by exploiting PG's reach, goodwill & influence because many of the aspirants still know very little about various b-schools and in such senario such a neutral & respected brand (that's PG) doing something with ( or on behalf of in IBA's case ) any b-school can be seen as "if PG is vouching for this school or if PG has joined hands with this school then it must be a top class school"...... Which could be a horrible mistake on students part because PG is not infact acting as an agent.
4. Now recalling the case of "tying up with a news channel" PG has very rightly come up with a principle maintaining the privacy of member's data at any cost.
5. So in the same way in such cases of "tying up with b-schools" can PG come up with a principle of always adding a footnote saying "PG's role is limited to this activity only and it sould not be mistaken as PG is advising the students that this school is a better choice (or something like that)" to avoid any misunderstanding at students end and to keep PG's image as a netral brand which will never favour any b-school of monetrial reasons ?????
6. In short I am in favour of PG's growth but PG must keep it's image intact.

See this for example :
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iba-edge-25014079

Hey! I missed on this thread until I was pointed out to this specific post 😃 . You have made quite a few well thought out points and the truth is we did think up that these would come up.

Let me see if I can answer it for you :)

3. So all kinds & levels of institutes can & will approach PG to jointly do something with the ultimate aim of attracting brighter students by exploiting PG's reach, goodwill & influence because many of the aspirants still know very little about various b-schools and in such senario such a neutral & respected brand (that's PG) doing something with ( or on behalf of in IBA's case ) any b-school can be seen as "if PG is vouching for this school or if PG has joined hands with this school then it must be a top class school"...... Which could be a horrible mistake on students part because PG is not infact acting as an agent.

To this we did give a lot of thought. At no point did we want to herd people into a business school, but what we did want to do was work closely for the benefit of aspirants and business schools. You have put the thought that someone might construe it as we vouching for the business school. What we realized is that a scholarship wont really ensure that you will app to a bschool. Rather if you do intend to app to a school, then the scholarship is more like an added opportunity.

Say in my case, I wouldn't apply to a lower rung school even if they gave me a full tuition waiver. The reason is that I would have already decided where I wanted to go and see if there are opportunities there.

But that said, as you pointed out in #5 , we will def. add a disclaimer. All said and done its true that we are only a part of the scholarship selection process. This I will do by editing the intial post and clarifying.

4. Now recalling the case of "tying up with a news channel" PG has very rightly come up with a principle maintaining the privacy of member's data at any cost.

I dont see how this is related .. we would never give out your personal information out at any point :)

6. In short I am in favour of PG's growth but PG must keep it's image intact.

I am glad that you realize what we are about!

Cheers,