[PaGaLGuY.com Exclusive] - Wharton Admissions Director Interview

What matters is how clearly Wharton applicants tell their story and to do that, they must be self-aware, says Mr Thomas Caleel, Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. In an exclusive inter…

What matters is how clearly Wharton applicants tell their story and to do that, they must be self-aware, says Mr Thomas Caleel, Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. In an exclusive interview with PaGaLGuY.com, he talks about
Wharton's opening up to younger applicants without work experience, women candidates, the Grade Non Disclosure debate, Indian applicant trends and more.

Read the full interview here

that was a fantastic interview, clearing many myths about the selection procedure and providing a real good insight of Wharton.

fundoo work ! :thumbsup:

Awesome work - as usual.
Thanks guys!!!

Awsome work Apurv and team!!

I know how much hard work must have gone into this interview. :D
Keep it up!

gr8888888 JOB !!!!

Thankx
Azeem

Loved it.. exhaustive and critical. Just the way I like it :D

Great work folks!

Great work done Apurv and the band of scribes... very thorough and racy.

Give my compliments to whoever edited the content... the pace does not slacken anywhere (or was it the Director's voice scripted )

But I think the interview should have included some questions on the funding part as well...
1) loans without co-signors / guarantors
2) and my favourite question... what constitutes a strong case for fee waiver

If the bugger is still around ask him if it's true that Wharton was planning to waive off the academic fees for all the students from third world countries if these students plan to return back to their native countries after completing their MBAs at Wharton.

Give my compliments to whoever edited the content... the pace does not slacken anywhere (or was it the Director's voice scripted )

But I think the interview should have included some questions on the funding part as well...

If the bugger is still around ask him if it's true that Wharton was planning to waive off the academic fees for all the students from third world countries if these students plan to return back to their native countries after completing their MBAs at Wharton.

this is also straight from Caleel's mouth: during the reception in new delhi, recently.

1) you get guaranteed loans from citibank without co-signors. dont sweat. i can show you his mail to me in which he asks me to stop sweating on this question (although i was referring to some other point)
2) wharton was planning and continues to plan but as of nothing is concrete on this issue. maybe by the time the 09 class graduates. until then you can just keep hoping.
in fact it is still not confirmed for ppl who want to work in the non-profit sector in 3rd world countries (it has been confirmed for non-profit sector in US though)

cheers
2)

Lack of international exposure n lookin forward to gain it at Wharton....

Tat part was really funny....

Grt work n interview as expected.......
Givs a complete perspective of do's n don't for Wharton applicants......

Hey Apurv

Awesome work man!!!!!

Keep It Up:thumbsup:

Reference to this article in accepted.com's MBA Admissions Items of Interest

Awesome interview Journoji. Rock on :thumbsup:

Cheers

Awesome interview Apurv! :thumbsup:
A good read! :)

WoW enthralling experience.
All My queriz are solved.Thankzz PaGaL GuY.For making this site.
zakkaaas :grab:

really informative esp recommeders' issues (for me atleast)

thanks apurv for this wonderfull publish.:neutral:
Apurv??
wait,

who was the interviewer? Apurv? Naaah!!
( correct me if i am wrong though)
i think
& if i am not wrong its Pagalguy himself who interviewed Mr Caleel.
reference post#1. para# 12

so thanks Allwin for this information packed interview.

also you guys d observe that Mr caleel addressing interviewer as W student.

Anyways
whocares
great interview guys.

Actually it was Apurv who did the interview. Intially the plan was to interview at Wharton, but since Mr. Caleel was in Mumbai, Apurv did the interview :)

zakkaaas :grab:

really informative esp recommeders' issues (for me atleast)

thanks apurv for this wonderfull publish.:neutral:
Apurv??
wait,

who was the interviewer? Apurv? Naaah!!
( correct me if i am wrong though)
i think
& if i am not wrong its Pagalguy himself who interviewed Mr Caleel.
reference post#1. para# 12

so thanks Allwin for this information packed interview.

also you guys d observe that Mr caleel addressing interviewer as W student.

Anyways
whocares
great interview guys.

As it has been said befor...its a slick edition or whatever....must say the entire thing was breath-taking!!.

And if I read it correctly, maybe, Mr.Caleel was sayin that....2+2 maybe 4...but in business...it could be anything what you want!!

And Cheers guy...a very very very informative and insight providing interview...what gladdened me was....*Gee, i wish i was from a small business to DIFFERENCIATE myself*...cool mannn.

A Neat Job....
Can we look forward to more such stuff???.

Alright people, we all seem to have enough queries to warrant a follow-up interview of Mr Thomas Caleel, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid at Wharton. Let us list all those questions here and get back to him. :)

So starting with harshg's questions...

1) What loan opportunities are available to study in Wharton? Are there loans available without co-signers/guarantors?

2) What constitutes a strong case for fee waiver?

Please keep adding to this list, and I'll run them through Mr Caleel in a week's time. 😃

Hi Harshg

1} hey go fer this link for financial aid http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admissions/finance/

And man dont call him bugger, after all hes gonna b yer future dean