PaGaLGuY 2010 Rankings ( National and Regional ) : Discussions

Hello All, In the 2010 rankings, we have gone beyond what we have done in the previous years. We had an extended data collection period and this has helped us in ensuring the ranking is more accurate. Furthermore, due to the extended data col…

Where is IIT-KGP in the list ??????
hard to believe its not there !!!

pulsar, you will find your answer at: National Rankings - An overview | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

"This year however, two b-schools pushed our tolerance of survey rigging to the very limits. Reluctant as it was, we decided to disqualify these two schools: Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM), IIT Kharagpur and International Management Institute (IMI, Delhi) fron the rankings. These two schools have not received a rank in PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2010. "

Great work .....really appreciate it

TISS is missing

It doesnt offer an MBA/PGDM but its quite reputed after XLRI for HR

Though it gives an MA but the job profiles offered and the curriculum are similar to MBA/PGDM-HR guys

TISS offering MA and not MBA/PGDM is only the reason or there is some other reason as well

Please throw some light on this?

What about TISS ?

Just a query here, does placements play a role in deciding B school rankings? If so, then I am mighty interested to know,if you used 2009 data for determining the ranks. It can't be this year's, as some colleges aren't done with their placements. So are the rankings then valid??

N.B I am not questioning the value of the rankings, I find them to be much more accurate than any other ones, but still, I am very curious in finding out how PG uses the placement data.

Hi Rohit,:

What happened to UBS Chandigarh, its not there in the rankings:shocked:

A suggestion. I don't exactly know whether this is possible.

For the coming years, maybe perception based ratings on objective criterion could be added. So, it would end up like:
Most Preferred B Schools on basis of:
1. Diversity of Class
2. Faculty
3. Industry Tie ups

For people serious about making their decisions based on this study, it would be really helpful.

I say this because I place diversity of classroom and tie ups as foremost on my list and yet, I know 99.9% do not.

Also, maybe you can try relating these rankings to the +ve placement figures that are published. I'm pretty sure you'll see a strong correlation.

gr8 work by PG..........I guess its the only ranking which seems realistic these days.:

UBS,IMDR PUNE,IIFM missing.

Great to see SPJIMR in top 10, ahead of MDI :). Above all I trust the rankings given by PG. Great work PG team.

where is ubs,chandigarh in d rankings? 😲

Great work by PG.. The national rankings seems to be quite good.
I was elated to see the regional rankings for Jaipur,though I dont think b-schools mentioned in the list are worthy enough.Some of the names (like Centurian Inst. and M.K.M Inst.) are those which I haven't even heard before. Strange enough considering that I being a Jaipurite and preparing for CAT from TIME inst,Jaipur for last 1.5 years.
There are some of the better colleges like IIRM,Mansarovar ,R.A Poddar College and IIIM but their names are missing from the list.

IMI,Delhi is not even in top 50....strange!!!!!:shocked:

Hi,

Could someone clarify to me that when XIMB stands above IMT-G and SIBM in terms of all the individual rankings, how can it stand along IMT and below XIMB in the overall rankings.

I read the post at "http://www.pagalguy.com/2010/02/national-rankings-an-overview/" which give a broad overview of why this might happen, but is the number in the others column so high that in can influence the overall ranking so much. In this case, particularly, we are ranked above the other two schools in every other category, not even a few categories.

Goggii Says
IMI,Delhi is not even in top 50....strange!!!!!:shocked:

it was disqualified from the rankings this year
Go here http://www.pagalguy.com/2010/02/why-we-disqualified-two-b-schools-from-the-rankings/

hope it helps
anuraglovesdiva Says
where is ubs,chandigarh in d rankings? :O

yes where is it??
Hi,

Could someone clarify to me that when XIMB stands above IMT-G and SIBM in terms of all the individual rankings, how can it stand along IMT and below XIMB in the overall rankings.

Guess you haven't read this:

National Rankings - An overview | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

Quoting from the link:

Why does is ISB Hyderabad ranked 7 Overall but 5 in freshers, work experience, women, alumni, aspirants and students? Or why is FMS ranked number 4 overall but 5 or 6 in other heads?

The answer to that is in understanding that the aggregate of Women, Freshers, Alumni, etc is not the universal set of respondents. They are all subsets with common elements (some women are freshers, some aspirants have work experience, and vice versa). The overall ranking also includes respondents under the Others category, which might swing the aggregate rank despite the rank in the individual heads. So if you find cases such as these, do not be alarmed. All is well.

I think it is a fair assessment..though quite surprised not to find UBS in the list...but I think it'll serve as an excellent guide for students who aspire to do their master's from the best colleges in India...I've seen some shocking rankings in the past where u have colleges featured in the top 20-30 list, which are so poor that u won't even advice ur enemy to study there...This ranking doesn't raise any eyebrows though I personally might have wanted a few changes...Anyways it is the most reliable B-Schools rankings that we have at present..:-P

Guess you haven't read this:

National Rankings An overview | PaGaLGuY.com - India's biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

Quoting from the link:

I read that. But even after reading that i could just not digest the fact, because the majority of the groups have been covered in the individual rankings and when an institute ranks good in all kinds of groups ( women, aspirants, students, alumni, etc ), how can there be such a drastic number of people left out who dont belong to any of the mentioned categories and whose views can be so drastically different from all the other groups. ??