OZie MBA ...

Hi Folks, Any of you planning to apply for MBS(Melbourne) or AGSM ( Sydney )…plz let me know… I would like to discuss about the schools and application process etc… If any gotta admit from these schools…do drop a line abo…

Hi Folks,

Any of you planning to apply for MBS(Melbourne) or AGSM ( Sydney )....plz let me know...

I would like to discuss about the schools and application process etc....

If any gotta admit from these schools....do drop a line about ur experience...

Abt Myself...Indian working in Sydney in the IT industry...5 years work ex ..GMAT yet to give.. Target schools are the one mentioned above..

Cheers
Vinay

Hi Vinay,

I have applied to MBS and am waiting for my referees to finish the reco forms. When do you plan to apply ?

All the best to you and let me know if I can help.

Vipin

Thanks Vipin...

I am attending MBS Info session tomorrow.....still in the info gathering stage.....

I am trying to find the Indian applicants profile , so that can have a clear picture of the quality of the students that will be getting in MBS..

You mind ...posting a more about your profile ..GMAT score GPA , work-ex...and if u have spoken to any MBS alumni..what sort of feedback did u get...

Cheers
Vinay..

PG Admins...my earlier login: ozmba2006 was not working inspite of correct password....The forgot password is not sending the password to the mail id registered...

Hi Vinay,

This is my profile :

GMAT : 720 (41-Verbal,48-Quant, 5-AWA)
TOEFL : 283
GPA : IHM, New Delhi (65%), MA-Public Administration(53.2%). I was amongst the top 10% of my class however your GPA conversion would be as good as mine
Work Ex: 6+ years ( including 4+ years of leadership exp. by Sep'05) in BPO operations and International sales

I have spoken to 2 MBS Alums over the email however my queries where limited to funding options which is an important issue in my case with developing world earnings and savings 😃 I had applied to MBS after a lot of due diligence but didn't have an opportunity to meet MBS representatives.

I would really appreciate if you could share with us what you hear at the Information session.

Cordially,

Vipin Singh

Thanks Vipin...

I am attending MBS Info session tomorrow.....still in the info gathering stage.....

I am trying to find the Indian applicants profile , so that can have a clear picture of the quality of the students that will be getting in MBS..

You mind ...posting a more about your profile ..GMAT score GPA , work-ex...and if u have spoken to any MBS alumni..what sort of feedback did u get...

Cheers
Vinay..

PG Admins...my earlier login: ozmba2006 was not working inspite of correct password....The forgot password is not sending the password to the mail id registered...

wow..Thats was a terrific profile and can say You are a 100% case for admit...

Will share the info i gather @MBS Session....Looking forward to get the opinion of current MBA full-time students rather than the marketing team...

Cheers
Vinay

Can u please change the title and make it MBA in Australia. I culdnt understand what the title meant before i entered the thread.

@Oz - Also do post ur experience of the info session

As i mentioned before

ozmba2006 login/password gone haywire..so cant edit my previous posts

Moderator please change the subject from Ozie Mba to Aussie MBA

Cheers

Hey guys, I knew of a friend who had secured an admisison to MBS but did not go there. The reason being...

First, it is said that an Australian MBA is of no value either in India or in the US. An australian degree not bein internaitonally recognized is cent precent true(coz engineering degree is not recognized anywhere..!!)

Secondly, they say that the viza that is given to you is valid till the date u finish ur studies. meaning that u have to come back to India and then aopply for a job from here(and not there..!!). After gettting a job, only then, u can go back to Australia..!!:wow:

I am not trying to bog u people down, but just that keep thiese things in mind before u go there.. Ask around and make sure that u have a way out of this...!!

In any case, All the best to you all..! 😃

This is interesting grapevine. I am certainly interested in getting more such information as I thought my due diligence was thorough before applying to MBS but I guess, We tend to discover our ignorance only when we seek out more knowledge. Any more such comments would be very helpful for people like me who are also considering an Australian MBA apart from others.

I have a friend who finished his MS from RMIT,Melbourne so I am also hoping to get his take on the observations.

Also, the MBS website says that UK recognizes MBS MBA as one of the top 50 MBAs worldwide and graduates from MBS are considered eligible for the HSMP visa in UK.

Lets see what comes out of the information session 😃 cheers, Vipin

Hey guys, I knew of a friend who had secured an admisison to MBS but did not go there. The reason being...

First, it is said that an Australian MBA is of no value either in India or in the US. An australian degree not bein internaitonally recognized is cent precent true(coz engineering degree is not recognized anywhere..!!)

Secondly, they say that the viza that is given to you is valid till the date u finish ur studies. meaning that u have to come back to India and then aopply for a job from here(and not there..!!). After gettting a job, only then, u can go back to Australia..!!:wow:

I am not trying to bog u people down, but just that keep thiese things in mind before u go there.. Ask around and make sure that u have a way out of this...!!

In any case, All the best to you all..! :)

I have to work on the financial bit now. All the best to everyone else who is awaiting results or is planning to apply in the future.

Cheers

Three Cheers for your Admit

Hope to see you soon in Ozie

Cheers
Vinay