oxford Vs. Kelley-Indiana

Hi All, I have admits from MBA schools from two entirely different programs. I am claer about the reasons why i applied to each one of those (and other schools included ) but now it has boiled down to this choice. A brief on my backgroun…

Hi All,

I have admits from MBA schools from two entirely different programs. I am claer about the reasons why i applied to each one of those (and other schools included ) but now it has boiled down to this choice.

A brief on my background -- Indian Male 5 Yrs Exdp. in IT software and 1 Year in US. Looking forward to a carrer in Consulting (if i go to US business schools) and in IT consultancy (if i go for 1 year program at Oxford)

Please help me choose among one of these fine schools.

Hey Hanu, since u show no stronger preference for one of ur schools, Id definitely pick Oxford. Its a 1YP (less financial burden, lower opportunity cost, quicker ROI, etc) in a far more international environment. Furthermore, think about the Oxford name in ur resume. Kelley can be strong but the fact u studied in the matrix of english speaking unis cant be matched by Indiana. Then u will be able to say (sigh).... such fond memories from OOOOXXXXXXXFFFFOOOOOORD!

Hanu,

Congratulations on getting in these schools!

I would say ask yourself two questions and be clear on the answers:

1) What do you want to do post-MBA?
2) Where do you want to work post-MBA?

For eg, if you want to switch careers, then a 2 year program will be more suitable. On the other hand if you want to work in Europe, Oxford can't be beat but it won't have much visibility in US. If you want to work in US, then Kelley can't be beat. Think about these two questions before proceeding forward.

Good luck!

I must say you have got pretty good offers! In case you don't plan to switch careers you must go for Oxford, no two thoughts abt it because Oxford can give you instant recognition anywhere in the world while Kelley's reach is only till US.
Plus the Alum of Oxford are a big plus in favour of it, Prime Ministers of many countries including India are from Oxford!
In case you are getting very big aid from Kelley and aid is a deciding factor for you then you may go for Kelley otherwise Oxford is a natural choice.