Oxford Said MBA 2011-12 Aspirants

Hello All, I haven’t seen a thread opened for Oxford SAID MBA for 2011-12. So I am taking the honors to open one. Hope to see some action. My profile: 700/Indian Male/Telecom R&D;/6 yrs WE I applied for R1 and received an inte…

Hello All,

I haven't seen a thread opened for Oxford SAID MBA for 2011-12. So I am taking the honors to open one.

Hope to see some action.

My profile: 700/Indian Male/Telecom R&D;/6 yrs WE

I applied for R1 and received an interview invite.

Lets get the ball rolling.....

I applied to Said for R1 but they told me I have to give Toefl and only then will they consider my application. My application was considered incomplete and they have rolled it over to R2 with the condition that I need to provide them with a TOEFL score before Jan 14th.

TOEFL scheduled on 21st Nov and then I will have to just wait till they start with R2 shortlisting.

My profile :
Indian/F/680(GMAT)/IT/5.6 yrs Work-ex.

Have you finished your interview? was it with an Alum in India or telephonic?

I was in the similar situation prior to Rd 1 deadline. I gave my IELTS and submitted the score and I was indeed considered for R1.

I got my interview call and I have my interview scheduled in Mumbai for Nov 29.

Hi Guys.
I know you might not be gurus out here. But, with a faint hope that you could answer my question.
Im an Indian/M/GMAT(yet to give)/IT/6 yrs. With both your profiles being in this range, I would like to know how good are my chances. I was told that you need a UG business degree to even think of Oxbridge.
Have you any idea of profiles of those who have got in. ?

Count me in for R-1 as well! Have my interview scheduled on 29th at Mumbai..

Hi Guys.
I know you might not be gurus out here. But, with a faint hope that you could answer my question.
Im an Indian/M/GMAT(yet to give)/IT/6 yrs. With both your profiles being in this range, I would like to know how good are my chances. I was told that you need a UG business degree to even think of Oxbridge.
Have you any idea of profiles of those who have got in. ?

frajiv,

I think UG business degree requirement is not true... both the universities try to maintain diversity.. You can check this in Student Profiles on their websites.

They look at your profile, goals, and past experiences together.

I know Oxford 2010 intake has atleast 15% with technology background..

This thread is quite silent!

How many of you are interviewing next week in Mumbai/Delhi? I have mine scheduled on 29th in Mumbai..

Any one attending one of the 1-2-1 counseling sessions on the same dates?

Even I feel the same. This thread has been killing silent. I have mine on 29th as well in Mumbai....

Do you know how many interviews are scheduled in India? Even the thread on gmatclub has been very quiet.

Hi Puys,

Nice initiative :clap:

I am planning to apply in R2.

Profile: M/Indian/710 GMAT/Finance/6WE

Those who already have their interview lined up can probably enlighten the R2 candidates as to how to approach the essays.

Cheers

Even I feel the same. This thread has been killing silent. I have mine on 29th as well in Mumbai....

Do you know how many interviews are scheduled in India? Even the thread on gmatclub has been very quiet.

no idea about how many interviews scheduled in India... I was hoping to see more action since Oxford has scheduled one whole week of interviews in India... there has to be many Indian applicants!

All the best for ur interview!
Hi Puys,

Nice initiative :clap:

I am planning to apply in R2.

Profile: M/Indian/710 GMAT/Finance/6WE

Those who already have their interview lined up can probably enlighten the R2 candidates as to how to approach the essays.

Cheers

I am no expert on this and there cannot be a "correct" approach... my personal take on the oxford essays is to be honest.. and back up your claims with personal experiences!

Career goals essay is pretty much straight forward. try to reflect your passion for what you want to do with an MBA..

The second essay is quite unique! Instead of writing a generic essay about a book or a world event (honestly, I cannot remember any book which has influenced me a lot!), I wrote about my personal involvement in a youth organization and how it has been a learning experience for me..
no idea about how many interviews scheduled in India... I was hoping to see more action since Oxford has scheduled one whole week of interviews in India... there has to be many Indian applicants!

All the best for ur interview!

Thank you and wish you the same.

SBS is in India for 4 days and they have 1-2-1 consultations as well lined up during these days.
I am no expert on this and there cannot be a "correct" approach... my personal take on the oxford essays is to be honest.. and back up your claims with personal experiences!

Career goals essay is pretty much straight forward. try to reflect your passion for what you want to do with an MBA..

The second essay is quite unique! Instead of writing a generic essay about a book or a world event (honestly, I cannot remember any book which has influenced me a lot!), I wrote about my personal involvement in a youth organization and how it has been a learning experience for me..

Thanks Traveller :)
Valuable inputs indeed..
All the best for your interview mate
cheers!

whr r all the puys? no activity since so many days..
those who got interviewed on the 29th of November, can you please share your interview experience?
thanks and cheers!

How did the interviews go for people?

Done with my interview on Nov 29 at Mumbai....the interview was smooth with pretty standard questions. AdCom lady was extremely friendly and was very patient to hear our story.

Questions:

Why MBA
Why Oxford
Which other colleges did you apply
Professional Experience Questions
How are your different from other applicant pool

PM me if you need additional details

Hi Guys,

I gave my TOEFL on the 21st of Nov and now my application will be considered for R2. So I should hear from them in the Jan-feb time frame.
Do any of you know how much the total fees comes upto including stay and everything? If you guys have any friends who have done or are doing their MBA at SBS and have this info it would be helpful. Because on the site they put like a rough figure generally.

Thanks!

I am also done with my interview... as yerneni mentioned, the AdCom lady was indeed friendly. I was also asked pretty much the same questions:

Why MBA?
Why Oxford?
Why now and not 2 years later?
What other schools are you applying to and how do you compare them with Ox?
Biggest professional failure?
What would you like to change in your profile for an MBA applications?
Why should we admit you?

yerneni,

Did you receive an email from your coordinator regarding a survey to rate your interview experience? Oh man.. they should not email us anything apart from their decision so close to the D-day! I almost missed a heartbeat finding an email from Oxford!

Any other R-1 puys mind sharing their experiences? I believe Oxford is now done with all the R-1 interviews..

Yes I did receive the survey link the immediate day.