Oxford Said:Masters in Financial Economics

Dear All, I am interested in knowing about the viability of the 9-month Oxford MFE prgramme at Said Business School. I request seniors and Oxford-Said students to provide their insights. Best Regards

Dear All,

I am interested in knowing about the viability of the 9-month Oxford MFE prgramme at Said Business School. I request seniors and Oxford-Said students to provide their insights.

Best Regards

Hi,

You should check out The Student Room for more information on MFE at Said.

However, I've heard a lot of people preferring LSE's MSc Finance and Economics over the MFE program.

You'd get loads of info on Investment Banking Forum, Global Derivatives - Index and thestudentroom. :)

Check this post- The Student Room - View Single Post - MFE at Sad

hi guys,,

hows the scholarship scene in both lse / oxford said for the msc courses...

cheers

When you apply to LSE, you are automatically considered eligible for the Graduate Merit Award and the Graduate Support Scheme.

If they find your application worthy for a GMA, then you might get a GMA of 3000, 5000 or 8000. GSS is separate from the GMA, I think.

Also, there are various other scholarships for Indian students that are mentioned on the LSE website: Overseas country-based awards

Thanks anand,

i read the details in the website, but i have 1 doubt :

for the course fees more than 16k the GMA award is 8K, so this 8K is a round amount or is it UPTO 8K...

are u stdying in LSE??? have u gt any scholarships???

cheers

I'm not sure of whether it is 8k or upto 8k. You should mail the financial support office to clarify.

cool... well all the best for ur b.com results...

so where will u b staying.,.. in lse campus or on ur own...

hope to ctch ya in london...

LSE doesn't have a campus. 😃 They have a number of buildings on Houghton Street.

I'll be living in one of their halls, sharing a room with another person to save costs. 😉

hey anand, can you tell me which college ur doing ur bcom from? i'm a seond yr engg student who's also interested in going to lse.. cud you do me a favour and tell me a bit abt what ur cv looks like, and what the lse guys look for in ur cv b4 offering you a place there..

Hey anand, i hav done BBA but now m keen on doing masters in financial economics, my percentage is 74.5 in grads........... i really wana knw wot i hav to do to get thru it.