Oxford - ISB - Cambridge

I have applied to ISB and Oxford and applying to Cambridge. Would like to know if anyone else in the same boat?

I have applied to ISB and Oxford and applying to Cambridge. Would like to know if anyone else in the same boat?

Wow ! This is amazing. Exactly the same list that I am looking at.

Actually, ISB and Oxford is confirmed. Both I will be applying for R2. I am still undecided on Cambridge.

Also, what is your take on Manchester ?

PG, expecting your post on this thread with your take on the Cambridge v/s Manchester (yes I know what you think but still would add value )
Arun

Great!!!!

I ahve already applied to Oxford and ISB for Round 1. On the way to Cambridge.

Not thought about Manchester

So do you have any resources for financial aid that can be arranged if admitted into Oxford/Cambridge?? Apart from HSBC loan they mention in website though

Wow ! This is amazing. Exactly the same list that I am looking at.
Actually, ISB and Oxford is confirmed. Both I will be applying for R2. I am still undecided on Cambridge.
Also, what is your take on Manchester ?
PG, expecting your post on this thread with your take on the Cambridge v/s Manchester (yes I know what you think but still would add value )
Arun

Cambridge v/s Manchester .. err ehh.. both are fine schools..but if I remember right MBS tends to send more people to Consulting than Judge does. You might want to check out the stats too. MBS also has a higher avg. work ex and have a very unique model for teaching.

As for the strengths of the business schools, I think MBS > Cambridge, this is not to say that Cambridge is lesser known .. but the Judge school is def. lesser known than MBS. Cambridge is a world class univ and everyone and their grand parents would have heard of it and Oxford too falls in that category

hmm..Just checked MBS website...Average work ex is too much for me to apply

I will be having 4.5 and I think 7 is too much on the higher side on the class concentration for me to consider...

I guess MBS --> IIM A's PGPX
JBS --> ISB of UK

What do u say??

hi pg's
great to see that people r going to such good universitites..to be true these r my dream universities..where i want to study when i have the capability to reach there..for this purpose i need the guidance of seniors like u who had already achieved their dreams..
till now i have only one year work exp and avg grades in graduation...no post graduation...and i heard that these universities demand great amount of work ex...so i am gaining that and the time is passing by..i want to utilize this time more effectively ofcourse if pg's can help me in that.. during this time i want to achieve all the xyz things which these good schools look apart from graduation and work exp so that when the time comes i shud be able to hit it right and hit it hard...and to go to my choice of schools with my choice of scholarship with no compromise....
i know this like looking for heaven while u r in hell but let's dream and enjoy..
for that purpose i need ur guidance (to make my portfolio)...what things i shud look for while getting the work exp. which cud help me getting admission to these schools....
or in a easier manner to list the things which helped u in getting admission in these schools..
i hope pg's will be of great help in this regard...
thanks

hi guys
im in the boat as well...
applied to Oxford..

well any one heard of any replied from their side.. i believe they hav started replying..
Good luck to all and keep this place informed about any interview calls at Oxford et all

Cheers
D

Yeap!!!!!

i got an interview call from Oxford yesterday...

any one else in the forum applied for R1??

Hey Nags,

Thats pretty cool, you seem to be cracking atleast the interview stage at all these places All the best !!

So do keep us posted on whats happening on the interview side ie. transcripts of the discussions from memory

Arun

Thanks Arun. Will keep all updated abt the interviews and all..

Thats great
I am also applying for the trio in round2...hope we reach our ends through PG...
Probables of other schools:
SDA Bocconi
V-not decided yet...

any suggestions to improve the list...

I have also given a thought of SDA Bocconi. I am meeting their representatives @ Hyderabad this month end. Need to see how they are. (Hope by that time I get into ISB :-))

nagsformba Says
I have also given a thought of SDA Bocconi. I am meeting their representatives @ Hyderabad this month end. Need to see how they are. (Hope by that time I get into ISB :-))

Curious to know.......why SDA ? I went through the site but could not glean much.

Can you give me a high level 3 pointer as to why SDA Bocconi ?

Arun

In Forbes ranking,for europe,it is holding good and if u see FT ranking and it has good partnership with leading corporates in Europe...

only problem i feel as of now is accomadation,as there is no particular hostel kinda facility at SDA...it could turn little costlier...

I am meeting SDA representatives in Hyderabad this month end. Let me know all your queries.

Regards, Nagendra

I too have scheduled PI with them...29th in hyd...

Crusader_1 Says
I too have scheduled PI with them...29th in hyd...

Hi Crusader:

Mine is b/n 12:30 and 1 on 29th. When is urs?

Regards, Nagendra

Hey People...

Am i doing something wrong or does Cambridge NOT HAVE AN ONLINE FORM ????

regards
D

Anyone with Oxford calls ??

Hey Nags,
When is ur interview scheduled.. ?

Cheers
D