Owen 2008 (Vanderbilt MBA) : Interviews & Beyond

Hi Everyone, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for Owen Interviews for Fall 2008. There is a thread for Fall 2007 but I could not find any thread for 2008 admits. Please start posting as soon as you start your proce…

Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for Owen Interviews for Fall 2008. There is a thread for Fall 2007 but I could not find any thread for 2008 admits.

Please start posting as soon as you start your process. It would be great if people, who are going to apply to Owen discuss the doubts, preparation, profiles and interview experiences here.

Best Regards,
Nisha.

Hi Nisha,
Good you started this thread.I was searching Vanderbilt thread for 2008 as well:) Well what stage are you with the application.I have my interview lined up this friday (14th Dec).If you have done with your interview please share the experience.

Anyone who has already finished with Vanderbilt interview for 2008 jump in and share the experience.

i interviewed last year and give u some insight
Who is ur interviewer

i interviewed last year and give u some insight
Who is ur interviewer

Well my interview is to be taken by Associate director Consuela Knox.Looking forward for your experience.Are you currently in Vanderbilt?

my interview was with Consu. pretty straight forward!!
infact i think i was older than her. so perhaps that made her ask simple questions.

relax man. vandy needs and admits many desi's. if you have 700+ gmat expect some schols from 5K to 50% tuition waiver.

So you will be asked basic questions what when why, and most likely recite your life... professional and things from ur essay.

no, i am not attending vandy. but i know many there.
infact i will be on campus next monday.. may bump into Consu ( if she in the town..appears her last name has changed... used to Swayers.)

Thanks for the gyan:)

Hi

I had my interview in Oct. when they had come to India as part of the world tour..

Nuthing special the usual questions

why mba, about yourself, why do you think they should offer me an admit, why do you think you are better than other indian candidates,

all the best

regds

vignesh

my interview was with Consu. pretty straight forward!!
infact i think i was older than her. so perhaps that made her ask simple questions.

relax man. vandy needs and admits many desi's. if you have 700+ gmat expect some schols from 5K to 50% tuition waiver.

So you will be asked basic questions what when why, and most likely recite your life... professional and things from ur essay.

no, i am not attending vandy. but i know many there.
infact i will be on campus next monday.. may bump into Consu ( if she in the town..appears her last name has changed... used to Swayers.)

Hi Masala Dosa :),

I am a current MBA student at Owen and I would say that Owen requires diversity and this is not limited to Indians. Moreso, your profile is more important than GMAT. There are so many people who had 650+ GMAT and have higher tuition waivers. Moreover, the tuition waiver in our batch is in absolute numbers and not in percentage.

The admissions officer would ask you questions base dupon your profile could be easy or difficult for anyone. As long as you know your stories well, the interview is easy for any school. All schools want you to relax during the interview and not feel nervous during the discussions.

Hope this helps all of you!

MBAPRO
Hi Masala Dosa :),

I am a current MBA student at Owen and I would say that Owen requires diversity and this is not limited to Indians. Moreso, your profile is more important than GMAT. There are so many people who had 650+ GMAT and have higher tuition waivers. Moreover, the tuition waiver in our batch is in absolute numbers and not in percentage.

The admissions officer would ask you questions base dupon your profile could be easy or difficult for anyone. As long as you know your stories well, the interview is easy for any school. All schools want you to relax during the interview and not feel nervous during the discussions.

Hope this helps all of you!

MBAPRO

Hey MBAPro,

Thanks! That was a very useful information. Could you tell us your real name?

Regards,
Nisha

My interview was fine.
The questions asked were as follows
1) Brief run through the resume
2) Why MBA
3) Why Now
4) What differentiates you from other applicants in IT field
5) Few questions based on my Resume
6) What would you change in your company if you were promoted to higher post
7) Then i was to put forward my questions.
Also I advice to all those who havent had the interview so far to try to get in touch with surrent students at college.Now that MBA pro is here that has been taken care of 😃

may be I am posting at the wrong Place but just wanted to know wats the minimum work ex req by owen and wat are the other colleges that give interview calls to ppl havin work ex around 1.5 years
takin into consideration that the person has a good academic record and gmat score

Hi,

Work experience is definitely important going ahead, but the qualifications and achievements are very important for getting into Owen. Owen does take people with minimal or no experience . Hope this helps!

Thanks,

MbaPro :)

Nisha,

We have spoken so dont worry.. You know me 😃 Let my identity be a secret :)

may be I am posting at the wrong Place but just wanted to know wats the minimum work ex req by owen and wat are the other colleges that give interview calls to ppl havin work ex around 1.5 years
takin into consideration that the person has a good academic record and gmat score
Hi,

Work experience is definitely important going ahead, but the qualifications and achievements are very important for getting into Owen. Owen does take people with minimal or no experience . Hope this helps!

Thanks,

MbaPro :)

Nisha,

We have spoken so dont worry.. You know me 😃 Let my identity be a secret :)

Ohh..So, that's you!!! Cool..Nice to meet you here again! :)

Yeah.. Don't worry..I would keep that a secret. 😃 You can trust me!

Warm Regards,
Nisha

Hi Guys,

Got an admit in Owen, with 20K per yr merit scholarship. Didnt rec' any official mail was checking my online application status there was a message posted.

Still works out to be expensive

Has any one else heard from them or decided on owen.

regards

Vignesh

Hi Guys,

Got an admit in Owen, with 20K per yr merit scholarship. Didnt rec' any official mail was checking my online application status there was a message posted.

Still works out to be expensive

Has any one else heard from them or decided on owen.

regards

Vignesh

Hey Vignesh,

Thats a wonderful news!!! But I wonder why haven't they sent you any mail..

I have not yet heard from them..Please keep us posted in case you get some mail..

Regards,
Nisha

Vignesh,

You had your interview in October,right? This must have been a long wait..

Nisha

Hi nisha

I had my interview on Oct 1st, with lauren Rowe when the school had come on the World MBA Tour

regds

vignesh

Hi nisha

I had my interview on Oct 1st, with lauren Rowe when the school had come on the World MBA Tour

regds

vignesh

Thanks Vignesh!

Vandy has informed me over the email that I can't be offered :shocked: admission now.I have been waitlisted.All the best to all who are expecting a call.Hope everyone gets through.