Owen 2007 (Vanderbilt) : Interviews & Admissions

Hi Guys, Has anyone applied to the Owen MBA program in Round 1 and if so have you guys heard anything back… Lets get the Owen thread started and rolling… Cheers Sumit

Hi Guys,

Has anyone applied to the Owen MBA program in Round 1 and if so have you guys heard anything back...

Lets get the Owen thread started and rolling...

Cheers
Sumit

Hi Sumit,

I did apply to Owen...interviewed with them on the 12th of Dec (telephonic)......extremely extremely relaxed and chatty...went on for almost 50 mins or so.

Profile:
GMAT - 700
acads, extra curr -good
workex- 1.5 yrs
i jus recd an admit from ISB so i am re evaluating the whole 'going abroad' thing

Whats your profile?

Hi Sumit,

I did apply to Owen...interviewed with them on the 12th of Dec (telephonic)......extremely extremely relaxed and chatty...went on for almost 50 mins or so.

Profile:
GMAT - 700
acads, extra curr -good
workex- 1.5 yrs
i jus recd an admit from ISB so i am re evaluating the whole 'going abroad' thing

Whats your profile?

Hi Jina,

My profile is GMAT 640... Exp : 6 yrs...(Engg + IT)

Good Luck to you....

Cheers
Sumit
Hi Jina,

My profile is GMAT 640... Exp : 6 yrs...(Engg + IT)

Good Luck to you....

Cheers
Sumit

I interviewed in the US (face 2 face ) even before submitting application online and it was very relaxed. onething i can tell you following this interview i had another one from a top school, and there was Zameen Asman ka farak in the quality of questions asked.
I also recieved a personalized card from the Vandy interviewing lady. I guess all get it...
I will also a application fee waiver.
I guess all can get provided at the time of submitting some Present vandy MBA fella referres you.. try looking up for some Indian students on the groups
I interviewed in the US (face 2 face ) even before submitting application online and it was very relaxed. onething i can tell you following this interview i had another one from a top school, and there was Zameen Asman ka farak in the quality of questions asked.
I also recieved a personalized card from the Vandy interviewing lady. I guess all get it...
I will also a application fee waiver.
I guess all can get provided at the time of submitting some Present vandy MBA fella referres you.. try looking up for some Indian students on the groups

Got an Admit from Vanderbilt with 18k/per year Schol...

Just delighted for now !!!

Guys any suggestions on Vanderbilt and its offerings...

Cheers
Sumit

i have had my vandy interview already. havent applied as yet. will do so by the end of r2. i also have an admit from iowa... with all schol and all. just gotta pay living. was wondering if its worth applying to vandy??!!?? im pretty confident of getting in... just wanna know u guys' inputs on iowa vs vanderbilt. whats hot and whats not?

cheers: ats

Conratulationnnnnnnnnnnns Sumit!!

i have an admit too....with a 32000$ per yr schol....

Now its decision time!

MasalaD...wots happening? U stickin wid oxford?

Conratulationnnnnnnnnnnns Sumit!!

i have an admit too....with a 32000$ per yr schol....

Now its decision time!

MasalaD...wots happening? U stickin wid oxford?

So what are you deciding ? I guess you have ISB too... What have you heard abt Vanderbilt and what are you looking for.... I am looking at Consulting and think it is pretty good in that...

Well...havent heard anything abt it....but seems like a great school from the website and from what i spoke to the lady in the interview...

I have an admit from ISB, Oxford and vanderbilt...but only vanderbilt with scholarship...so the decision is gonna be needed there...

Well...havent heard anything abt it....but seems like a great school from the website and from what i spoke to the lady in the interview...

I have an admit from ISB, Oxford and vanderbilt...but only vanderbilt with scholarship...so the decision is gonna be needed there...

Congrats to you too....

Some inside info:

Browse the website below and check out placement info>>>>>
salary/names/ etc incredible info"

Hey Guys I also received an email for the confirmation of admission offer from vandy.
But there is no mention of schol in the mail... my stats are though 640 and 7 ys wrk ex but I applied with 620... should i be asking them for the schol is there any other seperate mail which you have recieved for that matter

Cheers
AB

Hey Guys I also received an email for the confirmation of admission offer from vandy.
But there is no mention of schol in the mail... my stats are though 640 and 7 ys wrk ex but I applied with 620... should i be asking them for the schol is there any other seperate mail which you have recieved for that matter

Cheers
AB

For schol check the online status....

Hey I dont see any infromation regarding the schol on online status,..
Does that mean no schol.. or am i not looking where I should be looking into.:(

Hi.....
Congrates to everyone who received an offer...
I received offer from vanderbilt with 20K schol and Wisconsin (they didnot mentioned any schol yet). Any thought about these two school.......
Anybody inquired about living expenses in Nashville, part time job oppurtunities or job prospects for international (Indian) student after graduating from Owen.....How much loan one should have...I visited Owen once and will visit again soon....
My profile:-
GMAT 670
Work Ex 1.5 yrs
In USA Since 4 years
Profession: Healthcare

hey guys.
i am straight out of undergrad and just received my admit with a $15K per year scholarship to Owen!
during my campus visit, i was very impressed with the student body and the career services.
i will most likely attend Vanderbilt.

Anybody else on here thinking about going to Vandy?

turk

Does anyone have a clue how good Owen is for Consulting and that too for International Students...?

sumit82 Says
Does anyone have a clue how good Owen is for Consulting and that too for International Students...?

Owen has a great reputation for placement success for international students. the numbers for 2006 graduation class is:

92% of foreign nationals received an offer within 3 months of graduation.
81% of foreign students recived an offer by graduation date (this number is actually higher than it is for americans)

the total compensation package for foreign students for the first year was $104K (base salary + signing bonus + other guranteed compensation)

Deloitte Consulting has a real presence on campus and always hires Owen students. McKinsey also hires on campus. consulting is pretty good at Owen,students have won many case competitions this past year over schools like MIT, Duke, Carnegie Mellon and this will definetely show up in the next years rankings....with that said, the real strength of the program lies in Finance.

hope this helps.

anybody else thinking about Owen?
Owen has a great reputation for placement success for international students. the numbers for 2006 graduation class is:

92% of foreign nationals received an offer within 3 months of graduation.
81% of foreign students recived an offer by graduation date (this number is actually higher than it is for americans)

the total compensation package for foreign students for the first year was $104K (base salary + signing bonus + other guranteed compensation)

Deloitte Consulting has a real presence on campus and always hires Owen students. McKinsey also hires on campus. consulting is pretty good at Owen,students have won many case competitions this past year over schools like MIT, Duke, Carnegie Mellon and this will definetely show up in the next years rankings....with that said, the real strength of the program lies in Finance.

hope this helps.

anybody else thinking about Owen?

I have a deferred admit from Owen....Got only 7K schol that time...hoping to get more this time...would be informed by mid feb or so.....