Overseas Candidate Admissions to IIMs (2009-20011)

Hi I am planning to apply as an overseas candidate to the IIMs this year. I am currently working in an investment bank in Wall Street,NY. Are there any others around planning to apply this year. It would be great if we can share informa…

Hi

I am planning to apply as an overseas candidate to the IIMs this year. I am currently working in an investment bank in Wall Street,NY.

Are there any others around planning to apply this year. It would be great if we can share information and thoughts because there is very limited information(and statistics) available for overseas applicants.

So raise your hands if you are planning to head home for MBA next year. :)

Thanks!

Hi

I am planning to apply as an overseas candidate to the IIMs this year. I am currently working in an investment bank in Wall Street,NY.

Are there any others around planning to apply this year. It would be great if we can share information and thoughts because there is very limited information(and statistics) available for overseas applicants.

So raise your hands if you are planning to head home for MBA next year. :)

Thanks!

hi i am a newbie to pagalguy and have joined a month ago. sorry just saw your thread. how did your application go last year?
i am planning to apply to IIM this year as an overseas candidate. would appreciate if you can share some information on your experience with IIM admission. cheers mate

IIM-A Overseas Admission

I'm a US Citizen and a senior in college at a top 10 university by the US News & World Reports. I am applying to IIM-A this year, but am very confused by the wealth of information online, so I was hoping for any help or advice about the overseas admission.

I took the GMAT a couple weeks ago, and I think my overall score is fine (I got a 780), but I got a 50 on the math, which is the 89% percentile. Do I need to retake the GMAT? I heard that for IIM-A, you need at least a 99% percentile? Or is that only for the overall score?Also, I'm a double major in both a science and a humanities. Should I put both of my majors down on my application or choose only one?

Also, I was looking at the application rating score formula. I would receive a 10 for rating A, a 10 for rating B, but only a 7 for rating C. Does this significantly lower my chance of admissions?Thank you so much for any help you can provide me! I am very, very confused right now. I tried calling the admissions office and I e-mailed them as well, but have only received good answers about the logistical parts of the application.