Options for the non placed students

Hi everyone , This thread is to help out all those guys who by some how r not able to get placed in their campus recruitment ( s/w jobs) & r in a dilemma that what they shuld do after eng in case if they r not able to get jobs before complt t…

Hi everyone ,

This thread is to help out all those guys who by some how r not able to get placed in their campus recruitment ( s/w jobs) & r in a dilemma that what they shuld do after eng in case if they r not able to get jobs before complt their engineering or not able to get admission in good b schools.

Wht r the various other ways to get job besides getting them thru campus ,r freshers allowed for walk in right after their graduation, also wht shuld be their strategy etc .
It will be very helpful to all those & for ppl who in near future face the same problem so plz come with ur suggestions & opinions and also u can share ur exp if u also went thru the same phase.

chill buddy ,

what i would suggest is keep trying for jobs , apply apply and apply .
IT industry is booming like anything .

decide - whether yo need work ex or you need MBA

if you need workex - then goto places like bglr , delhi , hyd stay with ur friends and try job searching through consultants . or join some good IT courses . there are very good courses out there ...

if you want to try cat - join time cl etc as a faculty and prepare side by side .

bpo- if you want quick bucks and planning to take cat next year..

I passed out 1 year after my regular course and it took further 6 months for me to get a job... so what just relax man ...steve jobs said dont work untill you are 22 ... after you all you are gonna work for your life time after that....

cheers
~N

chill buddy ,

what i would suggest is keep trying for jobs , apply apply and apply .
IT industry is booming like anything .

decide - whether yo need work ex or you need MBA

if you need workex - then goto places like bglr , delhi , hyd stay with ur friends and try job searching through consultants . or join some good IT courses . there are very good courses out there ...

if you want to try cat - join time cl etc as a faculty and prepare side by side .

bpo- if you want quick bucks and planning to take cat next year..

I passed out 1 year after my regular course and it took further 6 months for me to get a job... so what just relax man ...steve jobs said dont work untill you are 22 ... after you all you are gonna work for your life time after that....

cheers
~N

Thanx buddy for giving me your valuable suggestions I hope I would be able to work according to ur suggestions If dont get anywhere . Can u plz elaborate abt those good IT courses that u mentioned .Wht kind of courses are they & how effective are they & wht is the duration etc kindly throw some more light on it .also some more info abt BPO .
And I have started this thread no just for me but for all those ppl who face the same problem , always looking fwd to ur suggestions .

hi,

i hope that u'd be having placement after 7th sem exams also.
if u prep for CAT and other Entr Tests then campus shdnt matter u.
u'd be able to crack any campus int apti...

Even if u dont get job at the worst case after may/june.
u can have off campus drives exclusively for freshers.U will definitely get a gud job in that..

ATB,
seshadri

not sure abt training inst ... i have heard about CRANES software bangalore, they are pretty good . they give training to even employed ppl in wipro etc...courses are embedded and DSP mainly .
bpo - i dont know much . pg has bpo thread... check up

gl
~N

hello friends this thread was started to help out all those students who culdnt get placed in campus ,culdnt perform well in b school exams(cat ,snap jmet etc) ,wht shuld they do after their engineering & are in quandry abt their future so all those ppl who are already placed & also those who were not placed in campus but placed later can share their experiences & views .

so c'mon friends plz come up with ur suggestions .

hello..
i am facing similar problems as you as i too am jobless and can very well understand your situation.. but im sure ill do well in cat so im a little less worried.. ill suggest you the plan i have..
after gds n pis, i plan to go to kpo companies in feb-march in and around delhi..there are many like inductis, evalueserve, grail research and many more.. you can do the same too and if youre good in aptitude and case studies then you shud not have any problems in bagging a decent job.. also if youre sound technically then bangalore might be a better bet for you..
there are still lots of door open.. just have the right attitude to face the tough..
take care

hello..
i am facing similar problems as you as i too am jobless and can very well understand your situation.. but im sure ill do well in cat so im a little less worried.. ill suggest you the plan i have..
after gds n pis, i plan to go to kpo companies in feb-march in and around delhi..there are many like inductis, evalueserve, grail research and many more.. you can do the same too and if youre good in aptitude and case studies then you shud not have any problems in bagging a decent job.. also if youre sound technically then bangalore might be a better bet for you..
there are still lots of door open.. just have the right attitude to face the tough..
take care

hi catguy I hope u do well in ur cat I agree with ur plan but can u give me some more details . I guess i may do the same but I wuld prefer bangalore becoz dont know much abt delhi & for that matter dont even know abt bangalore but still Bangalore wuld be easier for searching for jobs .
prj100 Says
hi catguy I hope u do well in ur cat I agree with ur plan but can u give me some more details . I guess i may do the same but I wuld prefer bangalore becoz dont know much abt delhi & for that matter dont even know abt bangalore but still Bangalore wuld be easier for searching for jobs .

Both IT and BPO/KPO jobs are available in plenty in Bangalore or NCR. Keep your tech skills and commncn skills brushed up for interviews(sound in at least one prog language and one OS). practice aptitude, puzzles etc for IT/SW tests.
BPO's in to NW/HW equipment support look for enggs with sound NW/HW knowledge. CCNA/MCP is a plus.
KPO's depends on GD/case interview. upper end jobs have case interviews followed by HR interviews. analytical mindset & good awareness of business and market helps.

hey prj..
bizskool has given a lot of info.. one more thing.. im more interested in joining a kpo(bhagwan na kare aisa karna pade:wow: ) bcuz the experience of working in a kpo wud be v useful when trying for mba in future.. from india or abroad.. do prepare well for case studies if going for kpo.. i sat for 2 companies and in both i flunked the interviews bcuz of disastrous case studies..
n i think delhi shud suit you better than blore.. closer to your place..

hey prj..
bizskool has given a lot of info.. one more thing.. im more interested in joining a kpo(bhagwan na kare aisa karna pade:wow: ) bcuz the experience of working in a kpo wud be v useful when trying for mba in future.. from india or abroad.. do prepare well for case studies if going for kpo.. i sat for 2 companies and in both i flunked the interviews bcuz of disastrous case studies..
n i think delhi shud suit you better than blore.. closer to your place..

hey ,wht is kpo & can u plz elaborate abt case studies wht r they ,how to prepare for them etc .As far as place is concerned I guess blore is more cool dunno much abt the places .

suggestions always welcomed .
hey ,wht is kpo & can u plz elaborate abt case studies wht r they ,how to prepare for them etc .As far as place is concerned I guess blore is more cool dunno much abt the places .

KPO's do higher end work than BPO's requiring more judgemental and decision skills rather than pure rule oriented. chk evalueserve, irevna etc for their profile.

a typical case interview will be: project Indian PC requirement for 2007. you have to ask relevant questions like including govt, pvt, education sectors. growth in these sectors. current trends, economy growth and then extrapolate. basically chking your analytical and step-wise approach towards a problem.

look for case intervies in Mckinsey recruitment website. do enough google search before posting questions in PG. also there are previous threads in PG on KPO's. search them.

As an engineer one would develop good investigative/troubleshooting skills. IT industry pays good for these skills. CCNA/MCSE helps get system background. Also, if you have acquired some programming skills specially php/asp.net, but you do not like programming, technical support give most rewarding job option.

see yaar
doin MBA aint a big deal
u can do MBA and fetch a job of around 3.5 l per annum
u are an engineer yaar ...respect ur self

but problem is high fees of Bschools ...... with 3.5 per annum in city like bang. mum. etc it is tough to repay loan.

actually if u want some good advice i think u should tell us about ur branch, acads. etc.
if u are in CS than there are lots of jobs for u!!!!!!!!
but if u are in MECH.. than .......................:(
so whats ur branch and COLL. name??????
see yaar
doin MBA aint a big deal
u can do MBA and fetch a job of around 3.5 l per annum
u are an engineer yaar ...respect ur self

but problem is high fees of Bschools ...... with 3.5 per annum in city like bang. mum. etc it is tough to repay loan.

actually if u want some good advice i think u should tell us about ur branch, acads. etc.
if u are in CS than there are lots of jobs for u!!!!!!!!
but if u are in MECH.. than .......................:(
so whats ur branch and COLL. name??????

thanx dude . My branch is I.T & my college name is S.G.S.I.T.S Indore having a very good reputation in the state . Right now having my 7th sem exams .

Acads near abt 65 . but our degree is calclulated in this way 100 % of final yr ,20 % of 3rd yr ,10% of 2nd yr & no weightage to 1st yr so still there is a room for significant improvement.
extr curr not so great . no time for cat since exams will get over around 13 nov but appearing for jmet .
anything left ? hope this shuld suffice looking fwd to ur suggestions.
thanx dude . My branch is I.T & my college name is S.G.S.I.T.S Indore having a very good reputation in the state . Right now having my 7th sem exams .

Acads near abt 65 . but our degree is calclulated in this way 100 % of final yr ,20 % of 3rd yr ,10% of 2nd yr & no weightage to 1st yr so still there is a room for significant improvement.
extr curr not so great . no time for cat since exams will get over around 13 nov but appearing for jmet .
anything left ? hope this shuld suffice looking fwd to ur suggestions.

similarities B/w us
both from indore
both 7th sem engg. students
both have mba dreamz

dissimilarities
u are little pessimitist i am damn optimist
i m enggineer & i respect myself and my degree
almost all b-school gives preference to ENGGINEERS

when u are in coll like GS ( microsoft hmm,.) what r u worried about.

just brush up ur communication skills and voila.... there u go in some MNC

if not ever heard of NIIT ... they are having a 4month course whichis job oriented and quite useful for unplaced students.

as far as MBA is concerned a lot depends on ur financial status. there are n no. of b-schools where u can get admission and fetch a job of around 4 per annum but fees are high. if u can afford 60-70 % of fees urself than its worth taking admission in those colleges but if not than simply avoid those coll. cos with a package of say 4 per annum and a loan of 6-7 lakhs on head doesnt make a good sense.

in such case apply for IMDR and dont forget our very own IMS IIPS.

IMDR -pune is a good college -- cheeap too arounf 50 k per yr with an avg. pack. of around 4 . ( certainly for engg.)
IMS indore is a damn good coll with just 25 k per yr as fees and u can get a job of as much as 6 l per annum and be sure of around 4.

also remember one thing what we study in coll and what we get in marksheet is education but not talent , skills , capability and attitude.
not every successful person is an IIM passout same as every IIM passout is not a successful person.
so just be optimistic and rest will happen (if u have capability)
similarities B/w us
both from indore
both 7th sem engg. students
both have mba dreamz

dissimilarities
u are little pessimitist i am damn optimist
i m enggineer & i respect myself and my degree
almost all b-school gives preference to ENGGINEERS

when u are in coll like GS ( microsoft hmm,.) what r u worried about.

just brush up ur communication skills and voila.... there u go in some MNC

if not ever heard of NIIT ... they are having a 4month course whichis job oriented and quite useful for unplaced students.

as far as MBA is concerned a lot depends on ur financial status. there are n no. of b-schools where u can get admission and fetch a job of around 4 per annum but fees are high. if u can afford 60-70 % of fees urself than its worth taking admission in those colleges but if not than simply avoid those coll. cos with a package of say 4 per annum and a loan of 6-7 lakhs on head doesnt make a good sense.

in such case apply for IMDR and dont forget our very own IMS IIPS.

IMDR -pune is a good college -- cheeap too arounf 50 k per yr with an avg. pack. of around 4 . ( certainly for engg.)
IMS indore is a damn good coll with just 25 k per yr as fees and u can get a job of as much as 6 l per annum and be sure of around 4.

also remember one thing what we study in coll and what we get in marksheet is education but not talent , skills , capability and attitude.
not every successful person is an IIM passout same as every IIM passout is not a successful person.
so just be optimistic and rest will happen (if u have capability)

hey dude thanx for ur advice but I m not pessimisitic in any way its just tat presently i m not in a good state to crack cat & after few months eng wuld be over so a bit worried .As far as ims is concerned then dude then I dont want to settle for lesser than any top notch b schools(top 25 hope I dont sound cocky)& dont have an iota of interest in P.G education in M.P.
fully agree with u that college can just give education & can teach us skills ,attd etc .
By the way its worth appreciating the way u responded tell me abt urself from which college ,wht r u doin right now etc send me a pvt msg if u want .
hey dude thanx for ur advice but I m not pessimisitic in any way its just tat presently i m not in a good state to crack cat & after few months eng wuld be over so a bit worried .As far as ims is concerned then dude then I dont want to settle for lesser than any top notch b schools(top 25 hope I dont sound cocky)& dont have an iota of interest in P.G education in M.P.
fully agree with u that college can just give education & can teach us skills ,attd etc .
By the way its worth appreciating the way u responded tell me abt urself from which college ,wht r u doin right now etc send me a pvt msg if u want .

if u want to do MBA from top 25 b-schools than i want to know that which are those inst. that make top 25.
cos every mag. is sold to some inst. and gives fake info.
so make a wise decision while choosing b school

ya even i dont have appetite for doin MBA from MP.

i m doin engg. from worst engg. coll of INDORE -- IIST in mech.
we dont have a complete building yet forget labs.

expecting around 95 %le in CAT.

but chances that i will join a B-school are slim
cos i cant afford high fees.
so may be i will try for work X or ....
well IMS or IMDR are the only options (wont take loan )

but thts somethin i dont care now as it is time to think of CAT only...

regards
chakrabir singh

What are the options for non-placed electronics and Instrumentation engineer?