options for 620(Q50,V25) in gmat

Hello everyone, I gave my gmat and got 620(Q50,V25). It was my second attempt. Gave it two years back and got 490. Dont want to give it again. I want to go for MBA. Can anyone please suggest me what are the good universities where i can apply…

Hello everyone,
I gave my gmat and got 620(Q50,V25). It was my second attempt. Gave it two years back and got 490. Dont want to give it again.
I want to go for MBA. Can anyone please suggest me what are the good universities where i can apply.

My profile-
10th - 78
12th- 78
BE in CS - 74
Got 1.5 yrs of work ex in major IT company. I dont want to be anymore in IT company so already discarded the option of increasing work-ex.

Please suggest me best universities where I can apply on this score.

Hello everyone,
I gave my gmat and got 620(Q50,V25). It was my second attempt. Gave it two years back and got 490. Dont want to give it again.
I want to go for MBA. Can anyone please suggest me what are the good universities where i can apply.

My profile-
10th - 78
12th- 78
BE in CS - 74
Got 1.5 yrs of work ex in major IT company. I dont want to be anymore in IT company so already discarded the option of increasing work-ex.

Please suggest me best universities where I can apply on this score.

Hi

Good to see an applicant with a prepared mindset.I will encourage you to have a deep profile diagnostics done. It will help you to identify and extract the most important and persuasive parts - the key areas of competitive value - and consolidate them into presentable application themes.

At 620 and less that 2 years of experience

If we go by the mid 80 percent score with your experience levels following is a list to be considered.

University of Maryland (Smith)
Purdue University (Krannert)
University of Rochester (Simon)
Vanderbilt University (Owen)
Indiana University (Kelley)
Michigan State University (Broad)

I believe apply in 6 at least. Its worth the shot. You can add a few European colleges. I need more information to exact the list. Many people do qualify at your score in Top 30, complete evaluation is the first step.

"TOP 30"??? :O

Hope you are not kidding. By reading most of the posts people who get 620 feels like they have done a blunder.

Can you give a rough idea of European colleges??

Hope you are not kidding. By reading most of the posts people who get 620 feels like they have done a blunder.

Hi,

Dont loose heart n keep the morale high ...... analyse ur test report carefully n identify the areas u need to work upon .... dont give the gmat until u consistently start getting ur target score in the mocks. Schools always take ur highest score in consideration .

In the Duke info Session i met a guy who had who had given the gmat a whooping 17 times and in his 15 th attempt crossed 700...

I have already discarded the option of giving it again..
want to start application procedure asap.. so want to have an idea of good options before applying..

Find the middle 80 percent of the colleges I have suggested. One aspect which you might be wary of is covered by applying in reach schools.

Second weak aspect is the work ex, which can be covered by showing the leadership, EC etc aspects well.

There are few good European colleges which admit people with less GMAT. Go to some good statistics based site. Warwick reports an average GMAT of 620.Imperial College London. A brave soul can also take HEC, as the middle GMAT score lies between. RSM is also reachable statistically.

You can also try canadian schools.Queen's and schulich are also good shots.

Since you are not ready to appear for GMAT again, go with lot intent. Applicants have pulled it, yes its difficult, but has been done.
Find the middle 80 percent of the colleges I have suggested. One aspect which you might be wary of is covered by applying in reach schools.

Second weak aspect is the work ex, which can be covered by showing the leadership, EC etc aspects well.

There are few good European colleges which admit people with less GMAT. Go to some good statistics based site. Warwick reports an average GMAT of 620.Imperial College London. A brave soul can also take HEC, as the middle GMAT score lies between. RSM is also reachable statistically.

You can also try canadian schools.Queen's and schulich are also good shots.

Since you are not ready to appear for GMAT again, go with lot intent. Applicants have pulled it, yes its difficult, but has been done.

I agree with ThroughMBA , Schulich, UBC Sauder ,McGill, HEC Montreal are within reach fr the gmat score u have but u might want to wait to apply with 3 years of exp ... which will make ur app competitive... Queens might be strech fr ur Work ex considering Queens incoming class has generally 4-5 yrs of exp......

I am having one more query regarding MBA. Is there any possibility to have part time job or something on campus while pursuing my mba so as to reduce burden of the fees and living in both US and UK?

Hi

I had appeared for GMAT a few weeks back.scored a sub 500 score.Will be aiming to reappear sometime before feb.I attempt to score b/w 600-650.Puys please help me identify colleges where I may apply with that score.My profile:3 yrs @ TCS as a SAP Consultant.Average academics.Please suggest colleges,preferably for the executive i.e.1 yr programmes.Thanks

Hi,

I took GMAT exam 3 times

1.) 20 August 2011 Score: 570(Q44,V25)
2.)12 January 2011 Score : 490 (Q43,V16)
3.)07 December 2010 Score: 580(Q37,V32)

Work Exp: 2years 9 months (IT services)
B.tech : 73%
intermediate : 87%
10th : 83%

Please suggest some colleges based on my profile.

Regards,
Rohit