Opportunity Cost of MBA vis-a-vis your current job, life, and growth!

Hi, I browsed through various threads after a long time but other than a few replies in some threads I couldn’t find a thread where non-MBA people in middle management roles are discussing the opportunity cost of going for a MBA or sticking …

Hi,

I browsed through various threads after a long time but other than a few replies in some threads I couldn't find a thread where non-MBA people in middle management roles are discussing the opportunity cost of going for a MBA or sticking to the job (and may be adding some certificate programs etc) in the longer run.

We can build some great quantitative insights if people like me (in a dilemma to go for MBA or not, we can share the current pay levels) and other including frsh MBA grads (post the real CTC's) , experienced grads (post the CAGR on those CTC's) and students (post the fee and other expenses) - all get together and analyze the diminishing value of any MBA after a point in time.

My profile:
Passed Economics Honors from Delhi University in 2006
Got through tier-II B Schools but decided to work and prepare for CAT again
2006-2010 - Worked in Business Research and Analytics and appeared for CAT again. Managed an admit in Great Lakes but dropped the idea. Kept working and performed well.
2010 - Did the XLRI Satellite Program (PGCBM) alongside my job
2011 - Got a break into Strategy Consulting and have been working ever since in this great field.

Total work ex - 7+ years now
Current CTC - ~22 lacs

Avg placement of ISB and PGPX of IIMA is 20 lacs in fee (overall >40 lacs) + risk factor + social life (I am married). A MBA abroad is even more risky for me and also in the longer run I would like to stay with my family only. However, I can evaluate Singapore and Hong Kong as the prospects of coming back to India are higher (any counter arguments are welcome).

I need to decide NOW as I have another 3 years before I finally plan to "really settle down".

Any insights and discussions are appreciated! 👍

Regards